3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tennis Elbow??  (Read 418 times)

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tennis Elbow??
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 08:38:00 PM »
Prolo-therapy healed mine in 6 weeks.
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 08:44:00 PM »
Had tennis elbow a few times,ice, massage, band around upper forarm and limited use and it will get better. It takes some time, when I worked they would do some ultra sound massage theropy. It can be a real pain but it will get better. The last time I had it, it came from pulling arrows from my 3/D target with the same hand all the time.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Cookus,

"I was able to shoot my recurve daily w/ little or no pain... But I could not lift my coffee cup!"

Exactly!
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Mountainboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2010, 10:26:00 PM »
I haven't been tick bitin' so i guess I can rule that one out.  Everyone posted a lot of great advise so I'll take heed on what everyone has said.  If I need a little more, I'll see my chirpractor who also is certified (or qualified however one should state it) in natural remedies..I never noticed it while shooting my recurve but noticed it a couple of days after shooting my longbow.  Haven't shot the longbow since.  Might just be coincidence though..
60" 52@28" Pittsley Predator
60" 56@28" Thunderstick MOAB
52" 55@28" '73 Bear Kodiak Magnum

Online azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 10:34:00 PM »
I had it so bad at times I could barely get a cup of coffee to my mouth.  Went to the orthopedic surgeon thinking I it was something else and just new I would have to have surgery.  Said it was tennis elbow and I had no idea it could get that bad. Could barely shoot my bow for a while.  Finally got an injection in the elbow about 9 months ago and knock on wood, it is doing great.  I also talked to a physical therapist and he gave me some exercises to do and I think that helped a lot.  Iced it a lot as well.  good luck

Offline Jim Keller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
I've had it several times. The last time was about 8 months ago from shooting a longbow with lots of handshock. I will wear the bands around my arm just below the elbow. This takes the strain off the tendons where they attach to the elbow. It takes time but it will get better. Hang in there.
Jim

Offline woodbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 10:58:00 PM »
hate to hear about the lymes disease im a taxidermist by trade and the amount of tics that come off deer heads brought in is terrible hear in missouri cant help but get bit.rob did you do anything to your arm for it to start hurting or did it just start?ill check out the relafen my wifes an rn she can point me in the right direction. thanks mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©