3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just Ruminatin'.  (Read 811 times)

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just Ruminatin'.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Good thoughts, George.   "comfortable with where I am" about says it all.  I take some good natured ribbing from bowyer friends about straight bows made from flat forms, some without even tapered limbs, but I tell myself I'm not trying to see what trad gear can be made to be, just trying to see what I can do with what it once was.  Keeps it simple, like you said.  You keep ruminatin' and sharing the results.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2010, 08:26:00 PM »
Every young boy should have one of you around!  Kind of like story Pat McManus wrote....."The Theory and Application of Old Men"

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
How do you have 7 bows that are only worth 561.00 dollars?
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2010, 01:17:00 PM »
That's what I paid for the lot of them.  Did I mention I'm cheap 8^).

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
My kind of man George  :thumbsup:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »
George...you need to open that cracked window when using the fletchtite and duco...the fumes are getting to ya   :biglaugh:  

You know I'm picking...by the way...I believe a Happy Birthday is in order???... so Happy Birthday and I (like many on this site) look forward to many more years of wisdom out of you for us young guys to absorb!  Keep it coming!
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Online Adirondack Bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »
So what is it, George, Are you poor or are you cheap?

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Mostly cheap, but don't tell anyone else here.  Poor is a "poorly" used term.  I'm not a rich person by a long shot, but I have  many friends and a great family so I'm not even close being poor.

Our needs are pretty simple and we are not extravagant; don't mind shopping at Sav-A-Lot and the Little Barn for groceries.  And, my chevy pickup will go anywhere that a Lexus SUV will....actually more places.  It's just about being comfortable with yourself and who you really are.  I don't worry about what the Jones family owns....that's their issue 8^).  To each his/her own however...it's just my way.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »
George, you better make sure those mason jars buried in the back yard didn't break with all this cold weather. Can't take it with ya!!!  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  

Anyhow- Happy Birthday!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Some of you folks are missing the entire meaning. It's not about change...think. It's about being comfortable with who you are, and happy with where you are. It isn't chastising anyone elses choices. For Heaven's sake.
I think a lot of people strive for that kind of comfort and it only comes with age and experience.

Personally I feel it is something to look forward to, which is why I never regret growing older.

At 28 I feel like I have a good handle on who I am, but it seems I find something new about myself every day.

For example, I just began shooting in May of 09. It took me 28 years to discover that I love to hunt. If you would have told me that I would be shooting a longbow and hunting back in January of last year - I would have laughed in your face.

Now I know that someday down the line I'll have my own "cellar" full of tools that can tell my story. It makes me smile.

Great post George! I think you are a very rich man!
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
. . ."comfortable with where I am" . . . Amen, couldn't agree more.  Always enjoy reading your posts.  
Craig
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Gapmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
I love who I am George, er, who you are, er, um, who we all are. Yup, that's it, who we all are. Nice thought's buddy, Gap    :banghead:    :clapper:
"Just passing through"

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »
The good book says Godliness with contentment is great gain, sounds like you found it George.
By the way Happy Birthday!!!
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2010, 06:00:00 PM »
Good thoughts George!!! I really love Peanut Butter and Jelly, or Jam......By the way I got 2 nice wool scarvfs at the Goodwill on Saturday for only $3.00.....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
George as always you seem to be the balancing medium - know I said that wrong but I meant you seem to keep things in a really good perspective around here. Thanks

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
And here I thought ruminatin' was a form of deer huntin...  :o  whoops, sorry, that's ruminant's

Well I'm not quite your age yet George but I do have a b-day coming up next month that puts me a year closer to retiring. I can't wait. I would be content as all get out sitting around a pot belly stove, telling stories, fletching arras, and making a few bows. Maybe someday I'll even be lucky enough to have a grandkid to share the final years with. Now that's livin.   ;)
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Online lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
Can I come over and hang out in your cellar!   :bigsmyl:    :campfire:    :coffee:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Pretty cool when ya don't have to worry about any sight pin going out of whack except the one on your shoulders. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, now that be gourmet hunting chow.
 I be who I be and I be happy. Good thoughts George!!!!!!!
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
George well said. That is so where I am going in life. You and Killy are priceless man.
samuel koger

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Soothes a tired soul George!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©