3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: End of first trad season  (Read 261 times)

Offline Corn Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
End of first trad season
« on: January 03, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
Okay, so my first traditional archery deer season just ended the other day and I figured I would share my sucess story.

On a recent hunt as I watched two young deer oblivious to my existence walk within thirty yards of where I was standing, I found my heart beating almost out of control. I had spent the better part of two hours stillhunting 100 yards down a treeline towards a bedding area for an afternoon hunt. As they passed just out of my effective range I found myself thinking “just 5 more yards”, these were deer that even 2 years ago I would have passed up because they didn’t fit into the trophy category I had set for myself.
     When they bedded down within 35 yards of me in the corner of the woodlot in a pile of brush, I spent the next hour trying to pick out one little spot amongst the brush as I closed the distance. Before I could stalk to within range they had gotten up and turned to come back my way. As I stood there motionless, pinned down by this young doe that had somehow sensed my presence I tried with everything I had to concentrate on one spot. I don’t remember the bow coming to full draw or the release. I do remember the sound of the arrow cutting the cool Michigan air and the sense of slow motion as the doe standing no more than 20 yards from me, turned in a split second avoiding the arrow. I also remember standing there in that fence row thinking how cool it was to have been this close to a wild animal again and how fast they can move when they have to. That arrow covered 20 yards in under a third of a second and somehow she had turned in time to avoid it.
     As my pocket watch ticked away in my back pocket all I could think was.
     Man I love this sport.

Success story you say. I say yes I found my long lost love for archery again. I'd call that a success.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Offline Craig Schoneberg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: End of first trad season
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
A very good success story!  Wishing you many years of 'successes' following the stick and string.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member
Nebraska Bowhunters Association Life Member
Nebraska Traditional Archers Life Member
Traditional Archers of Nevada Founding Member
Colorado Traditional Archers Society

Offline Zach Mikita

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
You didnt go home with the venison, but with the most important part the experience!  The love for archery will only grow and grow!

Offline Corn Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:06:00 PM »
I did manage to shoot two squirrels this year with the long bow. My wife still thinks I am crazy. I think I am in good company. LOL
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
I would say that is a success story.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »
Success indeed! Congrats to you and even better luck next season.....Peace

Offline woodbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:30:00 PM »
I love to watch the arrow in flight it seems to me to be one of the most memorable parts of the hunt.when i look at the trophies on my wall i relive each hunt through the shot and flight of that arrow,Im addicted bad its a romance

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 09:52:00 AM »
Wait'll you see that deer spin & run with an arrow you made carrying a broadhead you tweaked & sharpened buried to the feathers in the shoulder crease...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©