3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fox triple crown users, please report  (Read 366 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
Fox triple crown users, please report
« on: January 04, 2010, 03:12:00 PM »
Hi Guys,

Since I live in The Netherlands it is very hard to get an idea how US bows are.
I shoot 3D's only and I understood that the Fox Triple Crown was desigend with the tournament shooter in mind.
I shoot instinctive, split finger and typical ranges would be between the 15-55 yards.I am looking for a smooth draw, accuracy, reliability and speed. And eye candy ofcourse...

So how are your experiences with the Fox Triple Crown and will it be suitable for my needs you think?

I also would appreciate it if you can pot or e-mail me some pics

Thanks in advance!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fox triple crown users, please report
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »
I have heard that champion Larry Yien had some imput in the design of the Triple Crown for tournament use.  When strung, it has the true "D" shape as required for some competition.

I have the Fox Royal Crown which shows some deflex (or is it reflex?) when strung, and its performance, accuracy, speed is one of the best I have ever experienced.

Do a search on here for past comments and pics.
Lon Scott

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 07:42:00 PM »
The Fox Triple Crown is an awesome bow.  I have shot one several times.  I still shoot a 21st Century in competition, but if I were buying a new bow it would either be another 21st, a Fox Triple Crown or a Blackbrook bow.  Good lulck.

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:43:00 AM »
OK guys,

thnk you for the input.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
I shot Lon's Royal Crown this past summer and went home and sent my $$$ in! Should have it next month. I love the grip and it shoots quiet, fast, and smooth.  When my wife started on about not needing another bow I just deflected the conversation to the fact that it was Lon's fault!  :thumbsup:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
I bought a new Royal Crown from Ron over the phone when he was at one of the major 3-D shoots this side of the Mississippi River.  The owner of The Archery Shop, where I have all of my bow purchases shipped, opened the bow and shot when it arrived during the week.  When I arrived in the shop on Saturday he was on the indoor range shooting it.  He said Mr. B, I can't miss with this bow.  It was a great shooting bow, but, alas, I prefer T/D bows, so I sold it.  If Ron ever builds a 3-Piece Triple Crown, my name will be going  on his list for one of them!

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
OK,

thnks again for the input!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by WildmanSC:
I bought a new Royal Crown from Ron over the phone when he was at one of the major 3-D shoots this side of the Mississippi River.  The owner of The Archery Shop, where I have all of my bow purchases shipped, opened the bow and shot when it arrived during the week.  When I arrived in the shop on Saturday he was on the indoor range shooting it.  He said Mr. B, I can't miss with this bow.  It was a great shooting bow, but, alas, I prefer T/D bows, so I sold it.  If Ron ever builds a 3-Piece Triple Crown, my name will be going  on his list for one of them!

Bill
Hello Bill,

I saw yoy posted a whole lot of pics in earlier topics, but they all dissapeared. Could post them againa please? I really would appreciate that!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©