3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kwyk Styk  (Read 1166 times)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kwyk Styk
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Ryan...Repeat after me my friend: "No more training wheels in 2010..."

Curt "Guru"...hmm...that guy has Mojo!

Peter

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 08:34:00 PM »
Ryan,

If you have the wheels around, you are going to use them, no matter what you tell yourself; BS resolution or not.  Sell them and you won't be tempted.  Seriously, take it from a guy who didn't do it for about 10 years   :(

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »
I'm picking up another set of limbs for my Stealth. Going with 58" and I really loved those Wavy Zebrawood limbs I sold Randy Jackson...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline rjackson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
Ryan,
I've had my Kwyk Styk a little over 2 weeks.  Really nice bow.  I have other custom bows and this one is the best bow I've ever shot.  It's forgiving, fast & quiet.  I talked with Joe Skipp and Curt, and decided to get one.  It's the best decision I've ever made.  Joe will help you out with anything you need - great guy to work with.  He will become a good friend.

Randy Jackson

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »
Joe Sounds like the Raven is calling you as its limbs are on the side you like and can be had with Recurve limbs and Long bow limbs ,,  Looked at some nice Zebra wood at Jacks yesterday,,its one of Jacks favorite woods for limb  lams .. also saw some real neat salt and pepper ebony which is almost ivory color with black stripes in it (very intersting))Sergio :::you will really start to collect Jacks bows as every time I am at Jacks he is finishing another Bow for his Pal Mel , I don't think mel can count all the Kempf bows he owns??
Gord

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
Pete... I edited my signature to remind me daily!  ;)  

Steve....I'm selling everything that's compound related.  I just sold a bunch of stuff today.  Hopefully I can sell the rest this weekend! Going to use the money for a new recurve.    :D  

To everyone else thanks for all the help and info!  I really appreciate it!

Trad guys rock!

Ryan

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 02:40:00 AM »
Gordon...LOL...if I lived next to Jack, I would have every one of his bows. I'm also shooting my son's Kempf 2 pc longbow..one of the first Jack made.

Might have to bug Serg to send me his Raven for ad purposes...and to shoot of course....  :saywhat:  

After these Stealth limbs, I think I'm going to get myself his one piece longbow. 58" 56# at 27".
Cocobolo riser, wavy zebrawood....whattya think?
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Jan Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 08:06:00 AM »
Serg... when we feed Joe some of his favorite adult juice and he can't tell what side the limbs are on anyway... so does it really matter!

Curt... what is this bow mojo fo?

Joe... are you going to the bunny hunt this year?

That is all!
Jan Brown
Orange County, New York
Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way

Offline BadKarma

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 08:14:00 AM »
Ah, I love to sit back and watch the corruption of another soul to the trad side!!!!!!

Welcome my brother.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not.

May Thors Hammer ring in your favor!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
Raven?  any pics?  what lengths" 3Pc?

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
I guess only I get the serious Mojo package from Jack....not easy to talk him into it, but if he really likes ya......

Ryan, You'll luv it bud, without a doubt worth the wait bro!  Good to have ya back    :thumbsup:

I've been following your "downward spiral" on the Sitka blog    ;) . Never said a thing, hoping you'd be back someday...and here you are brother!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Does this mean we can start getting our strings again???  I've got a couple new TallTines that are going to need the S2 treatment   :thumbsup:

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 04:05:00 PM »
Really appreciate the welcome back!  You guys are the best!  It's tough at times living on an island with friends that only hunt with compounds.  No excuses though.... I caved in, but now I'm back for good!

Mahalo my brother!
Ry

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 04:14:00 PM »
Steve, I'm glad you still like my strings!  Even though I picked up a compound, I never stopped making strings, but...... I guess shooting a string made by a compound shooter just aint the same!     :D    
No worries now, I'm shooting a BL curve. Drop me an email with all the info when you're ready!

Offline KellyBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 04:39:00 PM »
fellas...lets see some pics of jacks bows...

does he have a website?...can't find one.  Thx
Greg

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
While this thread is up....what do your KS's brace at??? My buddy just bought one (60") and he's letting me try it for a few days. The thing smokes an arrow...I mean "SMOKES", and I'm fine tuning for perfect arrow flight. Having a tough time finding the "sweet spot". Any help would do. Pete Wards review was done with one at 8 1/2 "s but thought most were likely less??? Thanks....Ryan

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
I find most of Jack's bow shoot the best at 7-7 1/4". So far every Kwyk Styk that left my shop was set at 7 1/4" and my Stealth is the same brace. I even keep the Kempf Longbow there.

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »
What Joe said, 7-71/4, mine are faasstt !

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 06:33:00 PM »
Joe and Sergio are right on the money all my Kempf Bows like the same .. I have been shooting skinny strings 8 to 10 strands with padded loops .. beaver fur  for silencers very quiet and Fast!!   :wavey:    :archer:
Gord

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »
I shoot TS-1 Strings off all my Kempf bows. Tony Cochrane from Three Tree Strings does a fine job.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©