3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Sky Eagle  (Read 260 times)

Online ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Sky Eagle
« on: January 04, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Hello ... I have a 62" hoyt sky eagle and I'm not sure if it's OK for FF string. Also what year did Hoyt make this model? Anyone know?

Thanks for your help ...

Offline Jim Whitmore

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Sky Eagle
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
I used to have a 50 lb Sky Eagle and never had any trouble with speed. Good looking. bomb proof and great grip.It will shoot a heavy arrow with the best of recurves. My nephew now owns that bow . Someday when I grow up maybe I will shoot as well as he does.
 The tips are linen micarta so they are tough but I sure do not know why anyone would sacrifice quietness and smoothness in a bow that already really launches an arrow with so much authority. As for what years I am not sure. Great bows though.
JBW

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:43:00 PM »
After Earl Hoyt sold his company to Easton in 1978, he remained under contract for a few years.  

In 1989, he formed Sky Archery for a traditional line of bows built in Bridgeton, Missouri.  This included a couple longbows including the famous Rogue, as well as some recurves.  The Eagle was the 62" one-pc recurve and the Hawk was the 62" 3-pc takedown.

I have an Eagle as well as a Hawk, and both are great bows.  I also have a rare set of 66" carbon limbs for the Hawk.  The last Sky bows were built in 2003.
Lon Scott

Online ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
JBW & Lon .. Thanks for the info.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©