3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: goodbye to my hunting ground  (Read 642 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
goodbye to my hunting ground
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »
The land where I took the buck in my avatar and several others is going to have to be sold off to pay my mothers nursing home care.  160 acres of beautiful hunting ground.

My boys all took their 1st deer on it,wish I could buy it,but not to be...

Just wish a trad bowhunter would end up with it!
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: goodbye to my hunting ground
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 12:23:00 AM »
I am sorry for your loss, but its for a good purpose.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »
that sucks...if i had that kinda money i would buy it and gift it right back to you kenny.memories are important and sounds like you have a lot of them there.maybe you could get the hunting rights on it.always hope.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »
Thats just sad,so sorry to hear.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 07:05:00 AM »
Dang it Kenny that sucks  "[dntthnk]"  I sure hope someone buys it that will let you still hunt on it.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »
It saddens my heart when a family farm gets sold, but it is a great thing to take care of our families with know regret. Good on you Kenny and prayers and blessing to your family.Can you let us know when(or before) the listing is made? maybe someone is looking to move to MO.
Take care.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 07:30:00 AM »
That is too bad Kenny.  I'm sure you would like nothing more than to be able to keep it in the family.  
Have you explored all other options?  I spent a carreer in banking, and dealt with a number of cases where we were able to help preserve a family home.  Each case is different, and it doesn't always work, but if you would like to talk about it shoot me a PM or give me a call.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 08:03:00 AM »
That stinks man.  Just a thought, but you might consider negotiating hunting rights for yourself and family and getting that written right into the contract.

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Kenny, when I read your post my reaction was "oh no!". I understand, but man it just doesn't seem right does it. We have to take care of our own and my hats off to you for making a difficult choice. My wife's parents are in their 80's and they live with us so we can help them.

Hang in there man and God bless..

RayMO

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 08:21:00 AM »
Nice offer Whip
Sometimes we need to dig deep and ask for some help or advice. that is when you find some friends and people that care and can help. I hope it works out just right for you Kenny.
Chuck
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »
Sorry for your loss.  Good hunting ground is sure hard to find and you hate to loose it when you have it.

I hope you find something ind the future.  Best of luck.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
For a good reason, but that just flat out sucks.  Sorry for you, Bro...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »
maybe you could work a deal for the sale that included hunting rights for your immediate family.
I have seen such deals a few times. It all depends on what the buyer is going to use the land for.

Offline BMN

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
Very sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything will work out for you. God bless.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society
Prairie Traditional Archers
TGMM Family of the Bow

The most frightening thing you are likely to encounter in nature is yourself.

Offline Downwind Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
Kenny - as stated above it's possible to include hunting rights in the terms of the sale. I once had some ground in Western Maryland and when I purchased it - there were 4 names of people right in the contract that had been granted lifetime hunting rights. The land had been sold a couple of times and they "conveyed" each time.

I had no problem with it and hopefully you could work out the same deal for you and your sons.

Good luck.

Offline joekeith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:00 AM »
It'sa shame.  Hope something works out where you can still hunt.  Like the old saying, "a man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do."  Good luck Kenny.  :pray:

Offline RRock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 09:53:00 AM »
Went thru the same thing about 6 years ago. Had to sell the home place. Always though I'd retire back there.  Kenny, check out the "Half Loaf", theory, see if it applies to your situation.

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
That's too bad Kenny.  I've not had to deal with that scenario yet but my mom and dad have been taking care of my mom's parents for a LOOOONG time.  It started when my grandfather had a couple heart attacks and ended up with Alzheimer's.   My grandmother has never had a drivers license and couldn't take care of him by herself so she asked all the kids who would help out.  She told them all that whoever was willing to care for them till they died would get the farm.  My mom was the only one to volunteer.  Honestly, at the cost of nursing home care it was the best deal all the way around as the money from the farm would have only lasted a couple years and grammy is still going.  It's been a heck of a burden with plenty of "horror stories" but they were able to keep the farm in the family.  Last I heard, full time doctor assisted care nursing homes can cost well over $50,000 per year.  That can suck up money from a farm sale real fast.  Depending on your mom's health, it may be smarter to have the kids take turns caring for her or do as my parents did and have one kid take the burden and be compensated accordingly.  It's not easy either way.

Hope you can work something out.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2010, 09:57:00 AM »
I'm sorry to hear it. I had a favorite spot I hunted for well over 25 years, its where I got the Woogchilde started with her hunting career so it holds a bunch of special memories for the both of us. So I certainly understand what you're facing.
God bless, Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
That really sucks. But if anyone thinks they will be in the same position you should talk to an estate planner. I believe if you have no assets in your name for 39 months medicare will pick up the cost of the nursing home. Planning ahead of time is the key.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©