3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: long bow or recurve  (Read 675 times)

Offline LimbLover

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: long bow or recurve
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
1) generally lighter than a recurve. I really like this in the field.

2) I prefer the grip. Doesn't have to be a Howard Hill, but most recurve grips don't "feel right" to me.

3) Hard to quantify but when a longbow is in my hand and I 'm walking along the balance, scale, and slenderness all work together and I love that "look". I feel like I 'm carrying a hunk of industrial product with a recurve no matter how beautiful the bow iitself is.

4) many longbows are on par with a recurve performance wise.

5) Did I mention I like the way they look?

Joshua, not at all scientific or dissing recurves.
Well said. I feel the same. Just moved to a longbow and got my first deer with it. I love them. It just seems natural for me being such a tall guy at 6'4". My hand is closer to the arrow, they seem to cant better than a recurve, and I can really connect with the arrow.
Nick Viau
President, Michigan Longbow Association
 www.michiganlongbow.org

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Since you have a couple bows noew I'd stick with them for now and then when you have a chance try for yourself other bows that may be of interest.

ONLY YOU can really answer your question as it pertains to you.Denton hill would be a great place to try many without costing you more than the trip which you would really enjoy.

Good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline jerseyboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
I have and hunt with both but find the longbow easier to be more accurate
And in the end when i can no longer draw the bow or watch the arrow embark on its flight;when i posses only the spirit of the hunter, i will hunt.... if only in my dreams... because the hunt is born amidst my soul, and i... i am the hunter

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©