3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread  (Read 27443 times)

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread
« Reply #620 on: October 19, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

I call this buck El Toro...he's old and fat. I can't believe he's not some booner giant but it goes to show you even 6 year old bucks aren't booners...even in IL. The date is off on my camera by 2 months. I wanna kill this buck worse than any buck I have ever hunted because he is old, heavy in the middle, and smart (like me...except the smart part)
Mike Davenport

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #621 on: October 20, 2010, 08:00:00 AM »
Good luck Mike, those old buck are almost invencible sometimes.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #622 on: October 20, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
Tracy:  Those are Kansas Bucks, recognize the body size.  I'll be headed up on the 4th. for about 10 days.  Order us up some nice cold weather.   R.W.
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #623 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »
Here's a couple pics from Missouri.

Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Online cecilm

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #624 on: October 22, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
had another nice one on my cam,, kinda hard to see...

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2010, 08:37:00 PM »

Trail cam sat for 10 days - 646 pics of deer including thsi 8pt - Not one had moved in daylight  :knothead:  ! These are some truly nocturnal deer in this area.

He is a nice deer for this area -

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
•  
•  
•  
•  
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2010, 11:34:00 PM »
Curt are those bucks checking out your new deer juice ? Nice pics
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #628 on: October 23, 2010, 08:30:00 AM »
Stone sheep.....Good luck with that bad boy..

Wapiti792... good luck with  El Toro.

Wich one ya thinkin about Curt..?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #629 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
Ok I finally got some time to do this.  This is my first year with trail cams.  I started off out to our farm and have not gotten much at all.  Just a few shots here and there with very little activity most places.  A doe or two with a few fawns most times.  Then there is the never ending coon pics.  Here are the big bucks in the area so far.

Then there is this little video I got when I set the camera wrong.  It was kind of interesting.

1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #630 on: October 23, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
I set a camera on a scrape used every year on a little postage stamp property I hunt close to home. Most years it gets a little action.  Most years I see very few deer in the day, but it is the best place I have to run into a decent buck.  Typically the spot is only really good between the end of October and mid November.  That is when the bucks cruse through mostly mid day looking for the one or two does in the whole area.  I set the camera on the scrape three weeks ago.  First two weeks I got about four pic's of a little doe.  I moved the camera a little because I though I may be too far from the scrape and not getting everything coming in.  It looked to have been worked just a little, but I didn't have a pic of anything on it.  So after one week I come back and have like 150 or more pic's.  The scrape is double size with three more around the big bush.  Looks to be the local hot spot for about every critter in the area.  Once the scrape got hot it was like every animal in the area is attracted to it.  The best buck I have never seen showed up twice.  The second time I didn't get a good pic of him because I think he got ran off by the next critter in the pic.  Here is a sample.

For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #631 on: October 23, 2010, 09:29:00 AM »

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #632 on: October 29, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
Here are the highlights of week two on the same scrape cluster.  I had about 8 different bucks this week again with three small 8's, and two new bigger guys as well as the turkey and coyote visits.

This is a good looking buck to me.  I will not pass on him.

Here is the big guy for the week.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #633 on: October 29, 2010, 09:25:00 PM »
That must be one heck of a post stamp property. I'd hang on to that one.

doug77

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #634 on: October 29, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
Believe it or not I think this is the one I shot this AM about 100 yd. away from this scrape cluster.  What can I say?  I am a meat hunter and he was at 10 yd. and it was not midnight - 2 am.  This has been a real bad season in all my other spots and this spot only has action for about 14 days in a year.  

This guy here circled me about 10 minutes after shooting the other buck.  
I tried to call him in, but he was not interested.  

He then went all the way to the scrapes.  When he left he went to the right of the pic and down the brush line.  I am in a tree almost strait in line with the center of the camera view.  He came all the way back right of this pic, hooked left and caught me tagging my buck.  I saw him coming out of the heavy cover directly at me at 11:30 am.  I was in some mixed low cover so I tilted over a little behind a bush as I grabbed my bow and got an arrow nocked.  I got a draw on him at about 17 yd as he hit an opening while he was circling after seeing something he was not sure about.  I couldn't get a good shot in time.  He turned and came in closer yet off to my side, but was head on watching me hunch down close over my buck waiting for him to give me a shot. He studied me a while then turned and trotted off not sure what was up.  If I only had stayed in the stand 10 more minutes.  We walked within 15 yd. of it.  That was real close to a season closer morning as far as bucks go.  A bad season almost turned 180 in one morning.  Of course now what I have seen two more good bucks in the area he could be safe for now.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #635 on: October 29, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
What? No bobcat?  :D  seems like a heck of a hotspot to me. And congrats on your deer!
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #636 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:00 PM »
This is 10 acres.  It is on a 5 lane road with fully developed commercial property on the other side of the road.  On one side of this property is a ROW to 10 acres of over grown field behind this.  Next to the ROW is an industrial building.  The other side of the property is an over grown 15 acres.  All three properties are commercial and all for sale.  The bad economy is keeping it huntable for now.  They are all tied in with little strips of cover around developments and eventually a no hunting zone one way that is in town.  The other way leads to more industrial and housing plats here and there.  Believe it or not this scrape cluster is only about 40 yd. from the back of the garage that sets out back of the office building.  I used to work there and it is owned by my old boss.

It is not a travel route or a major food source.  It has good heavy cover that holds a couple does.  It took me a few years to figure out how to work it.  Leave the does alone until the end of October and then get in for about four or five hunts and hope for the best.  I see one decent 8 a year here and four years ago I saw a nice 10 I almost got, but he didn't give the a good shot angle until too far out.  I love this little honey hole.  If this was not high priced commercial property I would try and buy up the three parcels.  They have great cover and potential.  The only problem is most of the year there are only a couple does around and maybe a buck hanging out.  Late season I almost never see a deer on the property.  If I hunt it before the end of October I will push the few does out and the buck don't show much if that happens.  I have two stands and have to watch the wind and only hunt mornings to make this place work.  It is a fun spot, but real tricky.  Most of these bucks will never be there in the day light.  They will he holed up in someone's back yard or in some heavy cover out back of a factory or store someplace.  You never know when one could get caught with one of the does on the property in day light so I keep my hopes up.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #637 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
FREAKY!!

Offline djanko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #638 on: November 01, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
Here's one I took on a scrape

Offline droptine82

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #639 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
Good ones fellas.  I am going to check mine again in the morning after I hunt.  I only had a couple new ones last time so I opted to wait to upload more.  Tomorrow is going to be my first hunt.  I tagged Mary out Saturday so it is all me now.  She tagged a nice mature 140 with some short tines saturday afternoon after she let him walk that morning.  She couldnt do it that afternoon when he stood directly underneath us for 10 minutes!  She shoots a wheely still or I would post his pics!  If youd like to see him drop me a pm and I will send it on an un-traditional site!  Good luck to all!
JT

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©