3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread  (Read 27431 times)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread
« Reply #660 on: November 09, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
You all are killing me with all these nice buck photos! Good luck to all of you and I hope you get to chose which one of those monsters you want to take.   :thumbsup:  

I don't have that luxury and it's mostly like a lottery for me, but at least I'm still breathing and walking and I relish every single minute that I can sit in the woods. Thank God for deer season!   :pray:
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #661 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by SEMO_HUNTER:
You all are killing me with all these nice buck photos! Good luck to all of you and I hope you get to chose which one of those monsters you want to take.    :thumbsup:  

I don't have that luxury and it's mostly like a lottery for me, but at least I'm still breathing and walking and I relish every single minute that I can sit in the woods. Thank God for deer season!    :pray:  
I know exactly how that is. I got  a couple good buck on a trial cam, but never have seen anything like that while hunting.  I totally agree with the last part after last weekend.  You have no idea how much I agree with that.  :pray:
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #662 on: November 11, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »
The last 4 days saw a lot of action at the rubbing post. I chose these to share with yall...

"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #663 on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #664 on: November 12, 2010, 03:03:00 AM »
That big 3 point BT with the eye guards is a STUD!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #665 on: November 12, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
I thought black tail had small racks?? Those look like mulies!! Wow!

Ron, please tell me about the rubbing post. Did you plant that in the ground yourself specifically for the deer to rub on? Is it cedar, or something else?
My brother lives in Texas and he said the bucks have nothing to rub on besides cactus and mesquite. I told him he should install a rubbing post and cedar is a good option because the bucks love the smell.
Is that what you did?

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #666 on: November 12, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
Ron what you need is a big blacktail on your cams  :)   Nice pics! Looks like you got your camera fixed. Thanks! As you know I want to hunt those critters so bad. Your pics make it worse   :p
Mike Davenport

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #667 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »

Ron, please tell me about the rubbing post. Did you plant that in the ground yourself specifically for the deer to rub on? Is it cedar, or something else?
My brother lives in Texas and he said the bucks have nothing to rub on besides cactus and mesquite. I told him he should install a rubbing post and cedar is a good option because the bucks love the smell.
Is that what you did?
The forest service uses these pressure treated posts for the road signs. They have a distinct petroleum odor that the rutting bucks and bears can't resist.

There's some posts that have been rubbed in two from years of abuse. I've wanted to hang a trailcam on some of them for years, but figured somebody would find by the road and either steal or vandalize it. I finally found this post on an old abandoned road that isn't drivable any longer.

For several years it wasn't getting touched, but I began putting scent on and near it and last year they began using it. You can see one or two of the bucks were scent marking before or after their visit.

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #668 on: November 12, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by wapiti792:
Ron what you need is a big blacktail on your cams   :)    Nice pics! Looks like you got your camera fixed. Thanks! As you know I want to hunt those critters so bad. Your pics make it worse    :p  
No, it just worked better for the night pics this time. The daylight pics were crappy, anything with snow or white parts of the deer were red, blue, and yellow, really psychodelic actually!

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #669 on: November 12, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
Awesome Ron!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #670 on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »
Here's a couple of pretty good pics I got this week. Not deer but I really like the pics. I posted them on another thread but wanted them to be on this one, too....just for the record.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #671 on: November 13, 2010, 09:14:00 AM »
Thought I should post one of the pics from last  night's camera card. There's more on another thread.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #672 on: November 14, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tree Killer:

Is that what you did?
The forest service uses these pressure treated posts for the road signs. They have a distinct petroleum odor that the rutting bucks and bears can't resist.

There's some posts that have been rubbed in two from years of abuse. I've wanted to hang a trailcam on some of them for years, but figured somebody would find by the road and either steal or vandalize it. I finally found this post on an old abandoned road that isn't drivable any longer.

For several years it wasn't getting touched, but I began putting scent on and near it and last year they began using it. You can see one or two of the bucks were scent marking before or after their visit. [/b]
Thanks for sharing that. I hadn't really even noticed them urinating until you pointed that out, they are definitely leaving their calling card to let the other boys know who's been here.
Must be kinda like writing on the bathroom stall door?   :)

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #673 on: November 14, 2010, 11:00:00 PM »
Nice pics Bill, that's a beautiful 10pt. or 5x5 however you all up in NH describe them. That doe has got to be one of the fattest does I've seen in a long time! What the heck are you all feeding them up there? She's a pork chop!

Offline Keenan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #674 on: November 15, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »
Here are a few from earlier in the year. Never could catch up with this big boy during the season,   Keenan

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who lives in you.

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #675 on: November 15, 2010, 07:08:00 AM »

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #676 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56:00 AM »
Keenan, now THAT'S a buck! Wow!
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #677 on: November 15, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Great buck Keenan! WOW!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #678 on: November 15, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
Cluck....Cluck......Ki,Ki.....Cluck

Looks like your set on turkey breast this year Mike. Man, they are close too, I hope you got a blind in the edge of that field.

That's one thing I can usually count on and hit a big zero on this fall. I had turkey in my clover this summer, but they disappeared around the middle of September and I can't find them anywhere. I going to blame the over abundance of acorns again for that, just like my deer pulling a Houdini on me.

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #679 on: November 18, 2010, 09:01:00 PM »
Checked my USFS road sign post again yesterday. Been lots of activity from a dink spike to a 160" hawg!

Crappy sensor!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©