3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread  (Read 27426 times)

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
Re: 2010 Trail Cam Pics Thread
« Reply #680 on: November 18, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »
Holy Cow!! What a pig. Wish I could run into his brother over on Scott Mtn.   :eek:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline CallMaker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #681 on: November 18, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
This guy likes to rob the bird feeder in my front yard.

Ed Blankinship

Physically Challenged Bowhunters of America
                     http://www.pcba-inc.org/

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #682 on: November 19, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Semo: About that fat doe on the previous page. She's been around since about '06 and I've had some encounters with her. Here is another pic of her in all her glory. Would surely like to get an arrow into her and I'm holding on to my doe tag just for her. Could have shot her on day one but they held off on doe season for the first two weeks this year. I just knew that would happen when I read the new regs.

Here's my first trail cam pic from '06 about 3/4 miles from where she is hanging now...just on the other side of the same swamp.

The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #683 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:00 AM »
Good Gosh! She is a Pork Chop!
That's enough venison right there to feed a small family for a couple of months. I don't think I've ever seen a deer that fat before?

Good Luck......I hope you get her!
Be sure and post pics if you do and weigh her if at all possible.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #684 on: November 19, 2010, 10:31:00 AM »
That's the plan. Would like to get her almost as much as the 10 pointer...but I still have two tags. When the moon darkens and the rut ends they will be back feeding on daylight hours and my pulse will be pounding. When I saw her at 8 yards on  the first day I decided right then not to use my doe tag too early. Was lucky enough to take a four pointer for the freezer, as did my wife, so meat is not the goal....ending the story is.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #685 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
She's an old girl, neat to see in the north country with our long winters and snow depths. She has the good genes to make it. Best of luck to tag her....it may not be that cut and dry.   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #686 on: November 19, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
Ron....each year it has been a different chapter. I hope I get her before nature does. I can't believe she has many good teeth left. Some of the deer here live to ripe old ages. The buck in my avatar was aged by F&G to be 7 1/2 years old and even with a lot of  hunting pressure back then (a lot of the land I hunted then is now posted) very few people knew of his existence. Not only that but there is another doe that is obviously younger than this gal that seems to have the same genes....same blocky body, hefty, heavy, short legged and cagey. I'de take that one as well, if the opportunity arises.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #687 on: November 22, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »
That's kinda cool to be able to have ground like that at your disposal where you can target specific animals. I would love to be able to do that myself, however hunting pressure around me won't allow that to happen.
I think the way you are going about the whole process is the way it was meant to be, and it adds a whole new level of hunting to the game. It's much harder to target specific deer in your herd to harvest vs. just hunting a good location, hoping for the best, and taking what lady luck sends your way. Unfortunately, that's how most of us spend our seasons and I'm extremely greatful for what the good Lord sends my way, meat in the freezer is better than nothing at all.
Rarely do I get an oppurtunity to target any one specific deer.......would be awesome if I had that luxury.
Good Luck to ya Bill.......and please post lots of pics when you score!

SEMO

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #688 on: November 22, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
Semo: We got a deal on 23 acres of very wet riverbottom land that was just what we were looking for. Landlocked, lightly hunted on the surrounding acerage and the farmer that abuts us lets us use his old logging roads and river (canoe it when we feel like it). It's remote enough that we can put out blinds, cameras and stands and nveer have to worry about theft....at least not yet in the four seasons we have owned it. What it has taught us is that deer are there, plenty of them, but despite that fact they are hard to come by, even when  relatively undisturbed. Our cameras are fun to have and use and despite having them I cannot say that they have helped a lot in "aiding" us in harvesting deer. But I cannot overstate the value of being undisturbed hunters. We have our 23 acres and several hundred around us that rarely see more than a half dozen other hunters. It the other land wasn't posted I'm sure we could do a better job of patterning them. Just found a new trail this week, put up a camera and found that one of my big does on my hit list comes into the property from one direction, circles around a wet area and the cameras we had up led us to believe she was coming in from the west when in fact, she entered our property from the southeast..she knows how to use the prevailing wind. Still have about 3 weeks left and the moon should be darker by next weekend and I expect daytime activity to pick up. I've killed my share of animals on the last day so I will be out there if need be on the last day with the same expectations I had on day one. Thanks for the good wishes and if I get that doe, or one of the other two that are almost as big as her, I will post pics.

Offline elktalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #689 on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »

Best Black Tail so far on my camera. I'm all out of tags   :mad:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Offline terencepinder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #690 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline Rank Bull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #691 on: November 24, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
terence,

you mind if i hunt that sendero? haha

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #692 on: November 24, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
Jiminy Christmas......what a pile of golden acorns!
Nice bucks BTW!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #693 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:00 PM »
That Mule deer is bigger than a Mule......WOW !
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline carparcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #694 on: November 24, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
Outstanding.  Look forward to getting out there when it gets cold here in Oklahoma.  Never gets THAT cold, but sure looks pretty....

Offline terencepinder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #695 on: November 24, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
thanks guys, its been -30C here the last few days, then add a wind chill.

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #696 on: November 25, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »

This little bear is doing a pole dance!

"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #697 on: November 25, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
WOWZER!

Those are some *great* blacktails Tree Killa!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Shoot straight, Shinken
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Jim Rocole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #698 on: December 02, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
here are a few from this year

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #699 on: December 02, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Good looking bucks Jim. Is that a fischer?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©