3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Confidence  (Read 728 times)

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
Confidence
« on: January 05, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
How do you keep your confidence up after missing two in a row then on your third try put a bad shot on one and not find it....I did that today.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline mwmwmb

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Confidence
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Hell, If i gave up that easy I would still be shooting training wheels. I have missed more with my trad bow than i shot at with a wheelie.

I am still hoping to make my first trad harvest.

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
Did you ever Date?   :biglaugh:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline moose eye levi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
Haha needed the laugh Ipcjon2 I suck at that game to.
>>-->Levi Arnold<--<<

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Try having confidence when you havnt had a chance to shoot.Im only confident that I will freeze my a$$ off on my next trip...LOL
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
I was (and am) still worried about the same thing. I've only been out a few times..six to be exact. All these times deer came in that shooting them would have resulted in a fine. I used that opportunity to "go through the motions". Being quiet, drawing down on them, picking that hair and breathing softly all while my heart was pounding. The last one was a nice little 6 point that would have been dead (if I wanted to be fined). This really helped me out.

Now....to actually connect with a shooter would be nice. My confidence is up.

Next season I guess.
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by lpcjon2:
Did you ever Date?    :biglaugh:  
I use the "Shotgun Meathod". Ask them all! One's gonna cave in! LOL
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline Al Natural

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 10:37:00 PM »
Keep practicing and hunting.  I personally killed a doe my first year with traditional equipment.  I didn't feel confident though until about the third or fourth year.  One morning you will wake up pick up your bow and wonder what all the fuss was about.  I still miss now and then but that is what it's all about.
pick a spot
Al

Offline brock donald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 11:14:00 PM »
dont give up, im in your vote and it has just made the desire stronger.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
Did you ever Date?    :biglaugh:  
I would rather miss dear all day. at least they dont come back and yell at you for it.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 05:48:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by FerretWYO:

quote:
Did you ever Date?     :knothead:
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
lEVI---go to as many 3-d shoots as you can and get used to shooting at animal targets. Practice often and it will soon become second nature,you will hit where you are looking.----Bone

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
If you can identify the source of your errant shots then you should be confident that you can correct the problem and not do it again.

If you cannot identify the problem then you have some work to do.

Offline razorback

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 06:44:00 AM »
Shoot at lots of little things. Leaves, dark spots on the ground, sqirrels, frogs, golf balls anything will do. Take lots of these shots and don't worry about missing them. pretty soon you will be hitting them most of the time. Also make sure you are confident in the arrow set up. I missed this year and I am pretty sure a lot of it was my arrows were not matched perfectly thus i didn't have the confidence I needed when I took the shot.
Keep the wind in your face and the sun at your back.

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 07:20:00 AM »
I ignore it. Learn from it. Find out where it went wrong. It's only your ego that decides whether it's a bad shot or not.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 07:41:00 AM »
It's about reps.  You gotta practice the shots you take in the field until you don't think about it.  Also blank your mind when shooting at game.  If you say too your self "Don't Miss" you brain hears "MISS!"

Yogi Berra said it best.  90% of this game is half mental.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
I missed 6 in a row before I finally connected..Every time it was 1-2 inches over the back! Believe in your ability. I knew I had what it takes, it was just a matter of time. I started shooting a stumping arrow out of my stands (which I never did before), and then I started hitting my mark, and that "feeling" was back. That same feeling I have on the 3d coarse when you just know the shot is good. I didnt have that "feeling" on every deer I missed.

The most important thing I have learned is...Take it easy, don't get worked up. Your only going to shoot as well as you can concentrate. I was told from a few friends on here ( thanks Charlie, Ted) that I am trying to hard...they were right. Don't try so hard..it will happen..BELIEVE IT
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline riivioristo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
I miss a lot - so heres the guru speaking  ;)  take it slow - hows the setup of the bow - is all ok? Hows the arrow flying, is it 100% perfect, how is your form? So slowly all the fundamentals to perfection and good and careful practice - slowly...I say you will connect. Period.  :thumbsup:
You lost your money-you lost nothing, you lost your health-you lost something, you lost your personality-you lost everything...

Offline James on laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 12:53:00 PM »
I did that once but lost two in a row.It bothered me so much  I set out hunting seson the next year and kept shooting to get it all together.When I started back I killed everything I shot at for the next 8 years.Sometimes you just have to regroup if it gets to you bad enough.  :(  

Most times it is something so simple like thinking about the deer instead of the shot.Once you can seperate the two and just see an animal as a target and nothing more you will seldom ever miss another one. jmho

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 01:09:00 PM »
The vast majority of missed shots are from not picking a spot and aiming at it.  The whole deer does not constitute a spot.  Another factor that is high is to shoot at a deer that is on high alert.  Learn how to tell when the situation is right to shoot.
ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©