3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: -30, chill factor -51 degrees  (Read 534 times)

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
-30, chill factor -51 degrees
« on: January 07, 2010, 07:59:00 AM »
That's the temp at the Laramie airport @5:45am. The high today is supposed to be +2 which means a chill factor of somewhwere around -10..for a high! I've got a bad case of cabin fever and would love to get out and do some stumpin', take a few bunnies...or whatever.  That's just too darn cold.  We need to get global warming on track again.

Offline Steve G

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: -30, chill factor -51 degrees
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
Did you see ben Kleinig, stump shooting day, in short sleeves!  Spring in a coming!

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »
I had of a bit a road trip Monday, when it was above zero.  The deer were out feeding with the pheasants in the middle of the day.  I saw dozens of deer and hundreds of pheasants during the 45 miles.  I wonder how many of them are going to survive this cold blast.  I do not think the kingfisher that was sitting on a bridge will survive, it was already covered in ice.  I don't quite understand why there are so many birds that should have migrated out of here by now, like the flock of blue birds I saw that are still around.  I have not seen a rabbit in weeks, I miss global warming too.  To bad it wasn't real.  Where is Big Al when you need him?  We could use a little of his hot air.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
I don't know how you guys survive that bitter cold.  I'm a Southern Boy and it's been colder this year than I can remember, with a real chiller to hit later today.  They say we will be in the teens overnight for the next 2-3 nights and that is wayyyy too cold for this guy.

Best of luck with your thaw.  Hope it comes soon.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:58:00 AM »
just returned home fom North Dakota. It's a bit chilly there also. Brrrrrrrr  :campfire:
Steve.

Offline TommyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Just think of how cold it would be if we didn't have global warming!  :biglaugh:
TommyBoy

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:00 AM »
Oh my, that'll shrivel your pod. I won't complain about our temps ever again.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:10:00 AM »
Doug, I have found the solution to the Wyoming winter. It is called Arizona! Hiking and stump shooting the last few days in 70 degree weather. I noticed that at home in Buffalo yesterday, I 25 and I 90 were both closed and it was way below zero. I think I will stay down here 'til spring turkey season!

If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:42:00 AM »
I don't quite understand why there are so many birds that should have migrated out of here by now, like the flock of blue birds I saw that are still around. I have not seen a rabbit in weeks, I miss global warming too.  
The bluebirds are surprisingly hardy and will den up in old nesting boxes to sleep but I do wonder what insects they are finding in this cold.  I have them year round at my place.  The rabbits I think go underground in this weather too utilizing old groundhog holes.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
-17 and God alone knows chill out at my farmstead when I got up this morning.  Have had far more days below zero than above since the last week of November.  Damn well head froze that week so we'll be hand carrying water to the horses & barn critters twice daily until April...

Just walked maybe 100 yards from TCS where my wife works back to the LEC, straight into a good 15-20MPH north wind.  I swear I damn near froze my eyeballs...

Welcome to my world...    :mad:
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »
I'll call Al Gore!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline 2Knives

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
It's cooled down here in the desert some also...it was 74degrees today...I was wearing a jacket!!!
Back home in S.D. it's -25...I don't miss that!!
USAF AMMO Retired

Shoot True!!!
Don't Squat with your Spurs on!

Offline crazyhorse86

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
not quite as cold here in cheyenne, i think -8 last night with wind chill -30, too cold for shooting in the garage.  I have a pigeon problem and this is the perfect time to take care of it! Backyard pile of birdseed sitting in front of target at challenging distance from sliding glass door.  My house is the ultimate heated blind, I just look out the window and check every once in a while.  Turn cabin fever into blind hunting for pests, it's pretty fun!

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
I am ok with the +2, but -30 no thanks.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Mike Most

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 11:03:00 AM »
Its currently 37 here in South Texas this morning, but shooting, yesterday, out back it was mid 50's, I know we will warm up by Monday or Tuesday (yep next week). You can have the minus temps and the white stuff.

Mike
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------                Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
I started reading this thread; and checked the temperature ... minus 14.  Plus the wind factor.
  I can hear the elk walking in the snow for almost a mile at night; the snow squeaks as you step on it. Their mewing bounces off the frozen hillsides; and it gets noisy with elk sounds.
 That is kinda neat though.
Keeping animals watered and fed is a task..
 3 dog nights ....
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »
And I thought it was cold here at 10 degrees this morning.
You can keep it.
Ken Thornhill

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Casper was -27 this morning and -34 wind chill.
My truck decided to sleep in. My wife's little Honda was ready to go though. Might have to replace Leroy's battery one of these days.

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
8 with a windchill of -11 right now. Haven't seen cold like this in quite awhile around here.
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©