3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Paypal - watch yourself  (Read 753 times)

Offline sw

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Paypal - watch yourself
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
Theres penalties for not giving them a bank account to link to. For instance you can not use paypal to pay for a purchase - they want a bank account - even tho you have money in the paypal account.

You can however use the debit card they give you. Ever since we got taken and paypal did little to nothing to help us - i will never link an account to it.

Also, we ran this once last year when we where powersellers on fe****. Buyer buys a product and paid for it with PP, we shipped it, gave feedback. Buyer stayed silent for about a week and then we got a call stating the item was damaged. It was shipped with insurance so we started a damaged package claim and needed them to do so at thier post office. They refused, contacted PP and said they wanted a refund. Buyer shipped empty box back to us, PP refunded thier money to them.... We where out the bow and the money and PP refused to do a darn thing about it. The funny thing was we opened the box at the postoffice infront of the clerk - PP still would not hear of it.... Oh and we took a neg feedbacka nd DSR hit that Fe**** would not step in on...

Sure PP protects the buyer first and seller second - no issues with that, but the system is real screwy.

Like i said, i use them when i need to - but PP is like anything with fangs - pay attention....

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
you don't need a pp account to buy from a pp vendor - just use a credit card.

pp war story ...

2 years ago a customer who had no pp account paid for my repair and refinishing work on a guitar with a cc.  

throughout the whole restoration process i sent the client images with a detailed reports of each progress step and also sent really good closeup images just before boxing and shipping via fedex insured to florida.  

he received the guitar and emailed he was very happy with the work.

less than a week later he emailed me with fuzzy pictures of 'damage' to the guitar body, filed a pp complaint, i answered the complaint with detail info/images, yet his credit card company took back all his dollars anyway.

pp sent ME an invoice for over $700, the cost of the job, while pp began their investigation on my behalf.  i sent pp the money.  

three full months later i got an email from pp saying my account was now credited the $700+ bucks.  seems pp fought with the credit card company, won and got them to reverse their decision.  at least in part, the reversal was due to me keeping the client in the loop with emails and images of the work progress.  

there's good and not so good in everything.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline LC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 11:27:00 PM »
"traditional? heck, if yer feet are planted in this century, and yer not living off the land in some outback mountain or plains region, you ain't at all 'traditional'. this ain't the 1800's, as far as i know ...... "

Come spend a week with me Rob, life aint' got to be no harder than you make! Man I'm even surprised George has given into this maddness!
Most people get rich by making more money than they have needs, me, I just reduced my needs!

Offline bearbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
You just have to know who you are dealing with too. Its hard to do on nickel and dime stuff but if you sell something for $50 or more you should always use tracking on it the item you mail. ALWAYS insure the item because you can provide tracking info to pay pal if the buyer has not gotten the package. If you mail something without tracking and the buyer claims not to have gotten it and you have not tracking they will get a refund. The burden of proof lies on the shipper and not on the buyer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©