3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew sickness!!  (Read 2651 times)

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew sickness!!
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Fixer, I'm a long time recurve shooter....so I don't have a lot of experience with this type of but, but the grip feels real nice. The thumb ridge really helps locate your grip.

Offline fixer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2010, 07:31:00 PM »
A.S. I shoot recurve and lomg bow just looking at the shrew it appears it would feel like a low recurve. I'v missed a couple of shrews on the classified but maybe the time will come.  :wavey:

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »
fixer keep at it theyre around...i was too slow on the first four or five that i saw in the classifides, hoping to get my new to me shrew this week that i finally jumped on.

A.S. Is the grip more like a locator grip on the great northerns or is it more a straight grip like a longbow (cant wait to understand the sickness!)
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
It's more of a locator grip, probably dished more than most that I familiar with. Like Fixer said, it's probably closer to a low wrist recurve grip.

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »
Thanks sounds great ill have to post my sickness when she arrives
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline fixer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
Pcappy,  Did you get the Samurai that I missed.  :confused:

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2010, 08:59:00 PM »
fixer....i was also too slow on the samuri, i had actually given up on finding one in the classifides last night and decided i was going to order one from Ron.  I logged back on to get the link to his page checked the classifides one more time and ended up with a 54" classic hunter with caron foam limbs with curly birch if i remember right 58# @ 28" it was the exact bow i was going to order.  Got really lucky keep at it there out there   :thumbsup:
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Great looking bow!!!
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
Allen would you please add me to your will so your wife won't have to sell all your nice stuff. I'm sure I can learn to shoot left handed. Happy New Year to you ... nice looking bow and as usual " nice shoot'n
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »
I got it bad.............  :knothead:
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
Ken, I'll put you on the "list". Shootin' lefty ain't that hard!!

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
I promised people I would post pictures of my new Shrew Classic Hunter this weekend. The pictures are now posted on the Solana Ranch hunt thread if you want to see them. I don't want to post them twice and use up unnecessary space on the site.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:00 PM »
Alan, awesome looking bow, especially the limbs!! I would be glad to keep the dust off of some of the other bows in your stable!

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2010, 06:22:00 AM »
Brian, I don't let them sit still long enough to colloct dust! I may have to thin out the bow rack soon, as I have another bow on order!!

Offline bigbowsh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Just got my first shrew at Chritmas time.A classic hunter carbon foam core with tamo ash.I am still working up some arrows. The bow is 60#@30" any advise on arrows.Got some Beaman classics in 400 full length but I think they are weak.  

Thanks Harry

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by amar911:
This Classic Hunter was made in 2008 and did start life as one of Ron's personal bows that he shot last year. Then Ron started shooting the new Shrew Model-T in 3D and other tournaments and loved it, so he decided to keep shooting the Model-T throughout the hunting season. Rather than stick the Classic Hunter on a rack, Ron put it up for sale. A TradGanger in Denver, CO, bought it and then sold it to a TradGanger in Loveland, CO. It isn't that the Colorado TradGangers didn't like the bow; they did like it. I know that the problem the last owner had was he had a 31" draw length and the bow ended up 10 pounds heavier than he felt comfortable shooting. Too bad for him, but good for Allen. The bow has an interesting history and was carried for a season by the man who designed the Shrews, so it will be a great bow to own. It has the provenance, the performance and the beauty. Enjoy it Allen.

Allan
So to bring back an old but good thread, I bought this bow from Allen last year to see if I liked the Shrew bows even though it was on the light side compared to what I usually shot.
 A couple of weeks later I was on the build list for a takedown and should be coming up soon. I figured I would sell this bow once the takedown came in but there is just something about this bow and it will be staying here, you keep the ones that speak to you.
  It caused me to sell off my longer longbows and took two nice bucks here this season. Being one of Ron's former personal bows strangely enough she hangs next to a Black Widow Crown Jewel that has Ron's name on it. Funny how things work out, kharma I guess.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
David, I think about that bow often. It was one of the most fun-to-shoot bows that I have ever owned. If you ever decide to sell it, please keep me in mind. I kick myself ofter for letting it go!   :banghead:

Allen

Offline Andy Diggs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
Good looking bow. I see your still rockin' the hot pink fletching. Hope to get up to Dixie and see the Cool Springers again this year.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
I've got a Super Shrew 1 of 100 Limited Edition that I'm thinking about parting with. This one is #13 of 100 and comes with the knife with #13 and my name etched on the blade. The bow is 60" 53# @ 28". For those that don't remember the Limited Edition Shrews is has an arrow inlaid into each limb and stag on tips and riser.

Oh, and it's left hand
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
I've never seen one Ron, can you post up a pic of it? After that I'm sure somebody will give it a new home.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©