3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Howard Hill longbows  (Read 406 times)

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Howard Hill longbows
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 09:03:00 AM »
I recently acquired three straight limb Hill style longbows. Two of them are Hill Wesley Specials that are 68" long. The other is a John Strunk that is 69". I draw 30" and have taken a shine to the Strunk. The handle doesn't fit me as well as the slightly dished Hill but it is smooth and quiet.

Offline myshootinstinks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 09:23:00 AM »
I draw a bit over 28" and prefer 68-70"ers in Hill bows.  The Hill style is a  true  LONGbow, lots of fun to shoot.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:07:00 AM »
Someting about a Hill bow under 66" in length that concerns me. I draw about 1/4 inch short of 28" consistently. I own two 66" Hill's and another at 68". They are smooth as silk and if I hold the bow correctly I notice no hand shock. I've always been told that the longer length is important when shooting any Hill style bow. I would love to shoot a 64" Hill for comparison but to date I've never seen one up close and personal and I'm also not willing to order a new one for comparison sake. Good luck in your quest. Craig makes a great bow that is a bargain in todays market.

Offline getstonedprimitivebowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
My first bow was a
"HILL" Someone lifted it from me so I don't have it anymore ... Still hunting for it after 40 plus years  :(
"when  "words" are controled ...so are we !"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©