3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Why Attend the PBS Gathering?
« on: January 10, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Every two years, PBS holds a gathering for members and non-members to enjoy, experience and celebrate our passion for hunting with bows and arrows. The next one is coming up March 25-28 in Nashville, TN. It has nothing to do with tape measures, high roller sponsors, slams or egos. We offer the total experience of feeling and sharing the fraternal aspect, a brotherhood if you will, made up of people just like yourself who absolutely love bowhunting and consider it a major part of their lives. It's that basic; simple but very true. PBS Gatherings are NOT limited to members only. See for yourself what PBS is all about. You don't have to make a living with a bow and arrow. The word "professional" in PBS has nothing to do with anything but attitude. You won't see many attendees wearing gold necklaces or pinky rings at a PBS gathering. You don't have to shoot a certain type or brand of bow, learn any secret handshake, be on any sort of team or pro-staff or pack a heavy wallet to attend. Matter of fact, the general public is not only welcome, but encouraged to walk around to get a better feel for our organization. Share camaraderie as well as experiences with hundreds of bowhunters much like yourself, who want to preserve our heritage. So, why should you consider traveling to Nashville to attend? See what PBS is all about. Learn who we are and hear what we believe in. Meet old friends and new faces at our "family reunion." Meet and get to know dozens of well known bowhunters face to face. Immerse yourself in the excitement, entertainment and educational seminars presented by some of America's most experienced bowhunters. Take part in both live and silent auctions and raffles offering hundreds of one-of-a-kind, top quality bowhunting items. View the efforts and art of bowhunting's finest craftsmen. Appreciate dozens of custom bows, arrows and artwork. Enjoy our beautiful photo contests. Talk with members about special hunting opportunities, experiences, new bows, various costs and advice. Get incredible deals on equipment, gear and art. Feel the celebration of our bowhunting pride. Hear what an array of our special guest speakers have to say. Feel and know the generosity of our membership. Laugh, learn, talk and dine with extraordinary Americans who ALL bowhunt for the right reasons. PBS Gatherings are the single biggest fund raisers of our orgnization. They only come around every two years. The next ones two or four years from now might be held thousands of miles from your home. Don't let them pass by. Help support and preserve the heritage of our passion. If you can't be there, consider donating something to the cause. But if you can possibly make it, be there for the experience. I can promise you won't regret it.

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »
http://www.probowsociety.org/

This will be so good that I am traveling about 25 hours of flight time (round trip) to attend.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 10:50:00 AM »
No question that the "gathering" is one of those special highlights for members. If you've never been to one, it's almost impossible to characterize what they feel like, and how welcoming the atmosphere is. I am always impressed by the huge smiles and hugs as old and new friends greet in the lobby...and then watch some of these same people wipe tears from their eyes only 3 days later...as the gathering ends and friends say goodbye. You must attend!

Kevin

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
As part of my job in my past life I had attended my share of conventions for work.  Maybe it was those experiences that caused me not to attend a PBS convention and although I was a member, I never bothered attending the conventions.  

That all changed two years ago when I attended my first PBS gathering in Pittsburgh.  I spent the weekend kicking myself in the butt for not doing this sooner!  What a great time I had, and now I'm looking forward to Nashville as much as any hunting trip!  

See you all there - I can't wait!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline SKYLER W

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
Dad and I will be there. We can't wait.

Skyler Wilson
TGMM Family of the Bow

Speak softly and carry a Big Stick; You will go far.

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
soooo  looking forward to it,  bringing the family too.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Gene is right I have been to the Charlotte and Seattle gatherings and they really are somthing special.You won't regret going I'm really trying to get to this one I've always wanted to see Nashville,this is a great excuse to go.
Jeff Couture

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »
I've only attended the one in Seattle (which was fantastic!) and have always wanted to attend more.  Since my real home is Tennessee, I am making plans to attend.

BTW, Nashville is a tremendous vacation destination with all that country music heritage, Andrew Jackson Hermitage tour, Wild Horse Saloon, great southern cooking, friendly folks, and much, much more.
Lon Scott

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
I just joined but remain on the fence about attending. Not sure why just part of my nature, it's one of my weak points. One thing I do know since I've begun this journey three years ago that I've thoroughly enjoyed meeting new friends at each event and I'm sure this would be no different.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Bruce, I know you well enough to know that you would be like a kid at a candy store in Nashville.  Get off that darn fence!  :readit:  
  :D
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 11:57:00 AM »
Smoke,

Hop off the fence.  I cannot imagine anyone who loves bowhunting not enjoying the PBS Gathering.  I am so naive, for the longest time I  DID think you had to make your living from bowhunting to join.  Once I crossed that bridge, I took the plunge and went to the SLC gathering, really not knowing a soul.

My wife and I would find a table for the big dinners that was out of the way and people would sit down and join us.  I was never more comfortable around strangers.  Turns out some of these people we current and ex-councilmen and now that I know a little more, pretty famous bowhunters   :D  .  

I missed the one in Pittsburg becasue I was on a hunting trip, but I am going to do my very best not to ever miss another.  A finer group of people you will never meet.

Offline jtwalsh62

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »
Don't miss it Guys I did not get to go two years ago but was there before that . Was the best thing I did for myself can't wait for it . I am a nobody and the guys there made me feel just like I there best friends .Come guys you will have the time of your life. I even got to ride on the elevator with the Wensel Bros (note They should not be aloud to ride together)  but we talked like we had known each for years.Do this for yourself and come
jt walsh
 be still and listen

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
Jeez Joe, I think I remember saying something similar to you a few years back   :D

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »
I am been a member for more than 20 years,when Jim Chinn was President;unfortunatly I am never been able to attend any gathering since I live oversea,but it is always been a dream of mine.I am gonna missing this one too, I am so sorry about that.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »
I've only been to two of them. Grand Junction, CO. and Lake of the Ozarks. Both were terrific. I'm going to try to get to Nashville.

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »
St. Louis was my first PBS banquet and I haven't missed one since.  I remember saying "where has this organization been all of my life?"  This is one of the few "bowhunting events" my wife enjoys attending as well.  I used to live in Franklin, TN just South of Nashville and it's a great place to be in March!  

Bryan
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Online Jack Denbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 04:21:00 PM »
You can bet your bippy I will be there. I can't wait.
Jack
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
I am really hoping to be there. The last one I made was San Antonio. Always a great time to mingle and meet people, view amazing workmanship on arrows, bows, photos and more. As of now it is a toss for this year with $$ being kind of tight.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »
I'm comming for my first one!  Believe it or not, my bride, Angela is comming with me!  (those of you that know her know that she does the Horse Show/Eventing thing, and is actually taking time away to come)  I think Krista Holbrook helped with that.  Thank You KRISTA!  Been trying to get Angela more involved.
Great Org., with even greater members.  Those that I have met are REAL Bowhunters and just good folks.
Looking forward to my first, of hopefully many more.
See you there.
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »
I too have not been able to attend since San Antonio but I am surely planning to be there this year.  PBS banquets are like family reunions to me.
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©