3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 04:56:00 PM »
There are enough of you Wisconsin guys wanting to go you could rent a van and drive down together.  Share a room and it would be a pretty cheap weekend.    :thumbsup:    :campfire:    

I've been know to fly over 24 hrs to attend a PBS Banquet  :eek: , if that gives you an idea of what they mean to me.  This years six hour drive is gonna be nuthin!  Like the rest of the guys have said, "You'll be glad you did."   :goldtooth:
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 06:53:00 PM »
Having never attended an event such as this, what are some of the events that goes on and where in Nashville would it take place?  :help:
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »
I am sure hoping to make it. The decision will be last minute and I assume all the hotel rooms will be taken so I will likely be staying with my son at Fort Campbell and making the drive.

What events fall into the "must attend" for a 1st time attendee with limited cash?

Jim Coffey
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2010, 08:39:00 PM »
Can't wait!  :D
This'll be my first PBS Gathering & hopefully not my last. Is there any way, do you suppose, that everyone could get together there?
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
I just joined tonight after reading this thread.

Offline mongoose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 08:50:00 PM »
How do you join?
stalk softly and carry a bent stick

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
I went online, paid through Paypal, printed off the application, and it's in the mailbox. The app has a place for a credit card if you don't do paypal.

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Googlr PBS or Professional Bowhunters Society or try
 www.bowsite.com/pbs/
It will have all the info you need.
Johnny/JAG
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline Larry Yien

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
I am looking forward to attending I bought my tickets and I've got a hotel room.  I need a plane ticket still. It'll be fun to see some old friends and make some new friends. I want to check out some of the new bows.   :)
PBS Regular Member Life
TGMM

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Mongoose and others:   http://www.probowsociety.org/

You will find more and better info here than my slow fingers can type.

Rick
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »
Still trying to get it together to make this one!

Last Banquet I attended was Wheeling, WV in 1990.
Had a great time at that one, planned to attend Pittsburgh, but ended up out of the country at the time.

Trying hard to get there this year. If all falls into place I'll be there!

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
"I even got to ride on the elevator with the Wensel Bros"  Both of them?  At the same time?  You're just lucky the cable didn't snap!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 10:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by robtattoo:
Can't wait!   :D  
This'll be my first PBS Gathering & hopefully not my last. Is there any way, do you suppose, that everyone could get together there?
You'll find us Rob - there are a lot of people but somehow it is still small enough that it's not a problem to find and talk with just about everyone over the course of the weekend.  It's like one great big happy family reunion!  We'll talk in Texas and figure out details....  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »
I am not a fan of the two tiered membership and the politics of "who you know" sponsorship to become a "regular member".

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 11:47:00 PM »
Geez, how are we going to notice Rob walking around there   :confused:  

HAH!  :D  

Shaun--it is not like that, at least I have not experienced any class descrimination.  No one has ever asked me if I was an associate or regular member and not one PBS regular member that I have EVER talked to has made their "status" known to me.  And every one of them has been friendly and helpful to me, a nobody.  I've had at least a half a dozen "Regular" members invite me on hunts with them--that doesn't happen much here in Michigan--everybody guards their "spot" with bloodlust.  In fact, this kindness and generousity has made me apply for regular membership recently.  The PBS is made of up good people that LOVE bowhunting at every level!

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 05:38:00 AM »
Gene,

Thanks for starting this post. You made a grat shot to the vitals with the reasons why everyone should attend.

Shaun,
I had my misgivings as well. Come find out what it is all about, see if the gathering doesn't change your mind.

Everyone else,
I have to agree! The  gatherings are absolutely Awesome. My better half will be there again this year.

See you all there!
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »
Shaun, that's your privilege.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:00 AM »
Great organization we will be there in March. hope to see allot of you Tradgangers there
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 07:18:00 AM »
Clarification; I am a fan of the PBS in every other aspect. I have attended one conference in St Louis and it was one of the finest gatherings of conscientious bow hunters I've experienced. I was not treated as a second class member by those I met at the conference. The goal of protecting the legislation that allows our archery seasons is a great one. It is too bad that big companies like Horton Xbow can outspend the PBS in lobbying efforts, but to do nothing would be cowardly.

And, I could be completely wrong about the tiered voting membership. Maybe having a smaller voting body makes the group more effective.

I better stop now as I'm about to talk myself into rejoining. Maybe I'll see you there in March.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 07:34:00 AM »
Shaun, the PBS isn't a politically-oriented organization...primarily. Sure, there is some political activism, as there is in most any sportsman's organization. The political stuff is way secondary to the main intent of PBS, which is to provide an organization for like-minded people to share their friendships and passion for bowhunting.

Based on your willingness to stand up and be different...you are probably the perfect PBS member.

Kevin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©