3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?  (Read 1522 times)

Online Dennis Allman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why Attend the PBS Gathering?
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Looking forward to the Nashville Gathering, have the hotel res booked.

Cory, you are going? Hope some more NC guys are making the trip.

Dennis

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 09:18:00 AM »
Double post??

See you all there!
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Sounds like a great gathering of like minded individuals.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 05:20:00 PM »
Shaun - I'm not a member of PBS (well, I joined last night)but I can tell you that ANY organization has it's cliques of long time members...members who have become buddies...things like that. It doesn't make them bad guys, just guys you don't know yet. As for the 2 tiered membership, I applaud that. It's pretty easy to just join an organization...lots of "patch collectors" out there. But I take this system as something that forces you (maybe "forces" is a strong word)to decide how involved you want to be. It tells me that the PBS puts a personal or ethical value to thier membership. It tells me that they aren't out recruiting members for "numbers" sake.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
JAG, Remind me to introduce your wife to several hardcore horse women who will be there. Marty McMahon's wife likes her horse a lot more than Marty, which is probably not really hard to do now that I think about it....

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 07:20:00 PM »
I went to the Pittsburgh gathering as a guest/driver for my Amish bowyer friend, Roman Hershberger. I was very aprehensive due to the word "Professional" in the name. Being from a very "backwards" culture in the Amish/Mennonite world, I have had a sense of not "belonging" around "Professionals".

As we set up Roman's booth, I noticed we were set up accross the isle from the "Brothers of the Bow" booth. I thought to myself, holy cow I don't know how to act around such celeberties. I sat and watched for quite sometime and noticed these guys look and act just like "regular" people. (Well sort of)

After getting through the first day and not having anyone treat me like gutter trash, I thought, heck, this ain't so bad.

The next morning I went down to breakfast by myself, and not knowing anyone in the restaurant area, started to sit at a table by myself. This bearded fella asked if I'd like to join him and I accepted the offer. Rick Stillman is one of the nicest most genuine people I've ever met. Had a good chat and enjoyed every minute of getting to knoow him.

Saturday was spent talking bows and hunting, with friends old and new. Turns out I had met some of the members at shoots and of course on Trad Gang. I was really nervouse about the banquet and auction. Sitting up to the table with well known folks all over the place. The after dinner speakers almost made me lose my dinner, but hopefully they won't be speaking this year.  :bigsmyl:  

I was so looking forward to making a mini vacation out of the event this year with my wife, but work has slowed conciderably and it's kind of up in the air at this point. I hope to make it this year and many more in the future.

I became a member this year because of the caliber of the membership and what they all stand for. If this back country boy can feel at home there anyone can.

Thanks PBS for all you do for our sport/lifestyle!

Oh, and don't be afraid to rub elbows with the Wensels, they haven't let their celebertyship go to their heads  :D
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Nate Fikkert

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:00 PM »
Anybody on the fence should go.  I went to SLC and it was a great time.  I wish I could go this year.  I had issues with what I thought I knew about PBS.  I went to the banquet and that all changed.  It is a great org and a great time.

Nathan

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »
My wife and I are all set to be in Nashville Friday through Sunday.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2010, 09:05:00 AM »
Wouldn't miss it.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
wish i could go. i'll have to wait until the next one. post some pics of it guys. what a great gathering...bunch of good folks talking about archery.  got to love that.  
    sorry for typing like a scammer in nigeria....i broke my right wrist and am left with my left hand to type...
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »
Originally posted by Steve O:
Smoke,

Hop off the fence.  I cannot imagine anyone who loves bowhunting not enjoying the PBS Gathering.  I am so naive, for the longest time I  DID think you had to make your living from bowhunting to join.  Once I crossed that bridge, I took the plunge and went to the SLC gathering, really not knowing a soul.

My wife and I would find a table for the big dinners that was out of the way and people would sit down and join us.  I was never more comfortable around strangers.  Turns out some of these people we current and ex-councilmen and now that I know a little more, pretty famous bowhunters    :D   .  

I missed the one in Pittsburg becasue I was on a hunting trip, but I am going to do my very best not to ever miss another.  A finer group of people you will never meet.
Yeah Steve-o...mmmmmissing the Pittsburgh banquet cost you at trip for Osceola's at Martys!!!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
I am a bit mad at myself for never attending or joining the PBS years ago. There have been two banquets within 150 miles of my home in the past decade that I did not attend. What a mistake on my part.

I will be in Nashville. I want to see everyone and for sure meet Biggie; he is the reason I joined the PBS.

John III
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
Thanks Biggie "Twist the Knife and Pour Salt in the Wound" Hoffman   :banghead:

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »
Well maybe Steve "I wanna chance to killa" Osceola? Don't be pickin on Biggie- I'm watchin!!!   :smileystooges:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
If anyone who is close by me or traveling near enough to me to share a ride that wouldn't mind some help with gas money. Please contact me. All of my contact information should be in my profile.
Thanks!
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »
I think that I will see if I can find a way to attend.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Liquid Amber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
The bride and I will be in there.

It's worth the price of admission to watch Biggie eat.

Offline KDdid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »
I for one am looking forward to this one just to have a weekend with nothing but fun on my mind for a change. Besides, where else could a fella have a chance to make Kevin Dill laugh with a mouthfull of adult beverage, and manage not to be hit with the overspray!!??!??

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2010, 07:57:00 PM »
Hey all, Liquid Amber is one of the seminar speakers...."Hunting with the Thompson Brothers"
That will be a great history lesson.

JOhn III  be SURE you find me! I'll be the guy in the blue t shirt.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
And Mike Mitten talking about the wilderness

And Joey Buchanan talking about turkeys

And Norm Johnson talking about muleys

And...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©