3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Will I lose much speed if I paint my bow?  (Read 653 times)

Offline Randy Koleno

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Will I lose much speed if I paint my bow?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 03:07:00 PM »
I've used that removable camo paint with good results (no difference in shooting it that I could tell). It came off pretty well also. The shiny glare bugged me. I use those limbsations (?) now. I like them also.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
Use to camo paint my Bear T/D's in the 80's. Never had any problem with any difference in performance.

Only problem was after about 3-4 years the paint would begin to crack and flake, just had to remove it and re-paint.

Unless your bow has a high gloss finish, there is really no need to paint it.(unless it is some bright color combination and not natural)

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »
If you want to dull the finish, put a coat of paste wax and let it dry, Wipe it off when you want.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline James on laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
If you paint racing stripes on it the bow will shoot even faster.  :)  

Spray paint is a good way to camo a bow and get rid of some of that nasty looking wood people put in them.  :D

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
I painted lightning bolts on it so I could pretend Zeus himself was striking down upon the target. Problem is I didn't think about fires. Guess I need another bow painted with an Ocean mural with a life boat bobbing around. Thanks guys.   :knothead:
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Blackhawk7204

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
I tested an A&H ACS CX both before and after a camo dip (slightly thicker than paint) and it had no effect on arrow speed.
If it doesn't affect those thin light limbs I can't imagine it would affect anything else either.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:00 PM »
Well she never was pretty. Had nice curves though. Here..It's done. Least now "I" don't worry much about the deer seeing it. One less thing to worry about at the moment of truth. A hunting bow. My bow. Reflects on me. Nothing pretty but damn capable.

If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Brad_Gentry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Looks good, John!
“We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.”
– Aldo Leopold

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks, first attempt.

Offline Mr.Magoo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 02:07:00 PM »
Looks good to me.  

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »
Where is it??????????????

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Nice!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©