3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stick bows on Eastman's TV Tuesday 8 PM  (Read 499 times)

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stick bows on Eastman's TV Tuesday 8 PM
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »
I just watched it and it looked like he was using a blacktail made a good shot they praised him for using a recurve.  Widow

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
Watched it last night.  The recurve part was just the last few minutes tacked onto the usual spot & stalk compound bit, like an afterthought.  Like I wanted to watch 25 minutes of guys with compounds glassing, bucks filmed from so far away you could hardly tell what they were, and not even a stalk...

The recurve guys missed a bruiser mule buck at 20 yards (shot low, still don't see how he did that!), then got in to 15 yards of a bunch of three and whacked about a 150 or so 4 point.

Only showed the exit (in front of the shoulder) and said something about not being sure about his hit but it worked out alright...

They said he built the TD recurve he was using, then there was a quick blurb about "Stalker custom bows" or something to that effect at the end.  Never heard of them, but maybe he's a new bowyer just getting up & running?
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
The VERY brief bit of footage with the recurve was the only part of the show worth watching. This is usually a decent show, but I was disappointed. As NDT said, watching guys glass distant bucks with no apparent purpose for 25 minutes is not much of a show. The less than five minutes of actual bow hunting was good, but it still ticks me off when they are so darned amazed that you can actually kill a deer with a stick bow. The comment about the miss being a slam dunk with a compound was really condescending. I have seen plenty of footage of compound shooters missing or making crappy hits with compounds, even at "slam dunk" range.

Sorry for the rant. Nice job South! They should have showed five minutes of them glassing and 25 minutes of your stalks. That, I would have loved to see! You are one sneaky son-of-a-gun!
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Shane H

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:00 AM »
South is making bows now, he bought Stalker recurves from Charlie Bisharat, Charlie made the bows for 13 years, very popular out here on the left coast. South is doing some very nice work. I saw the bow he is using in the show at a shoot and it is beutiful. I believe he has got a web site now.

Offline Elksong@WORK2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »
I was just glad to see ANY type of trad hunting.  I liked the footage and hopefully it will lead to more footage of trad hunting on Eastmans as I know South has been on that show a few times now.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
its a two part show and like elksong said any trad involvement is pretty cool
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Bob L.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
I enjoyed it. I thought the recurve footage was great. I would love to see more stickbow hunting on  tv.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

Offline jomama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 04:04:00 PM »
i saw it, its a very cool show.

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
Just checked out your website South. Those are some beautiful bows you are making!

Good luck and welcome to tradgang.

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 02:55:00 PM »
Nice looking bows south!
The show was good but like most said it would have been nice to see more of South's hunt I guess some is better then none.
Levi Bedortha

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©