3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Robin hood movie.  (Read 561 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Robin hood movie.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »
The computer F/X guys/girls will have their hands full to make him shoot like Mr. Hill.

Hopefully they don't do like they did in Troy, when Paris was shooting his bow. When he was putting a arrow on the bow his hand went thru the string to nock it.. little things like that show up really big to those that shoot Trad bows. It was also done like that in LOTR movies, too.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
I agree its a "Must See" Movie, but Russell Crowe?? I would say that Spoiled Punk has burned his Bridges with many Ex-Fans. I have seen interviews from Before "Gladiator" and Interviews After..... He has a Tendency to get a HUGE Head, especially when dealing with HIS OWN FANS!! Gets that "Out of My Way Peasant!!" 'tude.
 How many Movies has he been in Since Gladiator that were "BOMBS" at the Movies and went to DVD really fast?
    Sorry, My opinion of course, there are so Many Better Actors that have more of a "Robin Hood" Attitude or Personality in them Naturally.
   Of Course, I will Shell out $30 to See It On The big Screen, no matter Who it Stars!!
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline TheFatboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Russell Crowe does the shooting himself. Would you take a look at THIS...

http://www.nowrunning.com/news/english/russell-crowe-obsessed-with-archery/27852/story.htm

:goldtooth:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
Cool.  I didn't realize he was gonna be doing the shooting.

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 04:36:00 PM »
It appears there is better research as per clothes and equipment.  I heard it's really bloody.

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 04:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by DngrsDan:
I can remember watching Robin Hood on TV back in the 50's. Can't remember the name of the star of it, but I believe he actually was killed from an arrow he shot into the air. At least that was the story I was given back then. The series kinda ended around that time, so not sure.

Anyone else remember that series?

Come on....show yer REAL age now!    :eek:    

Gonna go check that trailer. Thanks for the info.
Nope, died of a heart-attack. Had to look it up!   :D  

Sounds like a tradgang movie night!   :campfire:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Herb Calvin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Ya Brian, you must have seen the same one as me. On one disc it said the film was flown to the U.S. by Pan American airlines
Herbert Calvin

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »
Lol darn you guys... Had to whip out my Errol Flynn Robin Hood DVD.  Watching it now.

Good thing you're a good influence.   :D

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing Russell Crowe's version of Robin Hood.  :archer:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline Intuit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 10:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by DngrsDan:
I can remember watching Robin Hood on TV back in the 50's. Can't remember the name of the star of it, but I believe he actually was killed from an arrow he shot into the air. At least that was the story I was given back then. The series kinda ended around that time, so not sure.

Maybe your parents told you that story so YOU would stop shooting all those d$#@ arrows into the air!
Senior member & Measurer P&Y Club
NRA Life Member
Past Bowhunter Safety Instructor

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »
I saw the trailer at the theater. Looked like a hickory bow to me. Who cares? Movies with bows and arrows man!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline JEJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
As a member of the Davy Crockett coonskin cap wearing, TV watching boys in the 50’s (you other first tier baby boomers will recall how the King of the Wild Frontier “patched up the crack in the Liberty Bell”), I remember this little song from the 50’s TV Robin Hood series. One of Robin’s men (Will Scarlet?) would play on that old timey guitar, sing through the episode, and kind of narrate the story. Just before a commercial he would sing something like: “We’ll have a merry time again, with Robin and his Merry Men, but til that time my friend, we ask this word with you”. Thinking about that song (I know I got the words wrong, but close enough) takes me back to those “thrilling days of yesteryear” almost as fast as when I hear the best TV theme song ever from the Lone Ranger. I really believe that TV Robin Hood series I saw as a boy started my life long interest in bows and arrows ( … and Maid Marion) John

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
JEJ, how about,  Robin Hood Robin Hood riding through the glen,

Robin Hood Robin Hood with his band of men,

feared by the bad, loved by the good, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood  lol.

Offline JEJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 10:59:00 AM »
Thanks Whittler for bringing that one back to mind. With that song making us feel ten feet tall, my neighborhood buds and I, armed with fiberglass bows, old beat up wood arrows, and curtain rod swords, would head to the woods looking for the King's deer (a cottontail to you), and that evil Sheriff of Nottingham. I'll be singing that tune now in my head all day (and that's not a bad thing either) thanks, John

Offline Canadabowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
Wow, that brings back the memories, how did I get so old so fast?Harrasing the Kings Deer( in my case the local jackrabbits)was my favorite thing to do.Come to think of it I still like it a lot. Can't wait for the new movie.
"non illegitimus carborundum est"

Offline recurve_shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 11:47:00 AM »
He may want to change his setup-FOC looks a little low to me!  "[dntthnk]"

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
I remember my first bow that came about because of that show. A 25# lemonwood. I was all of 6 or 8 years old.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©