3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Roger Rothhaar - A Gem  (Read 919 times)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Roger Rothhaar - A Gem
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »
Did he have a can of Mountain Dew in his hand?...Super person, good shot and great deer hunter....plus a lot of fun to spend a week with.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »
I met Roger and his wife at an archery show in Wellsville, Pa., back in the mid to late 70's, can't remember the exact year.  Very nice people is what I remember most, very personable.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »
There is not much better than settling in out in the "barn" to listen to a bunch of stories from Roger.  He doesn't even START spinning the good ones till after midnight!  He was so far ahead of his time and understands the stickbow so well it amazes me.  I jot down a list of questions all the time, so when I see him, as infrequent as it is, I have them handy.  Whenever I think I have one that will stump him, its like, "Yeah, I tried that 30 years ago...don't bother"   :eek:  

He is the most wicked deadly shot I have ever seen and has outshot me every time I've stopped by with my bow in the truck.

He still likes the 'Dew and his steaks RARE!

Offline overbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
Love his articles and books.Sure wish he would write another?

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
I know he has a couple articles coming out in PBS Mag before long....don't hold your breath on another book, though.

R

Offline Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I've corresponded with Roger off & on over the years. He has always been prompt with a reply and advice or stories. My brother and I had a chance to visit with him in '05 on our way to "Boot Camp". Ryan just happened to be there too. We got to see the trophy room, had a tour of the farm, shot some bows and listened to lots of stories and it was a great time. He gave my brother a autographed copy of "Whitetail Magic".
I'm sure he's forgot more about hunting Big Bucks than I'll ever know. A class act for sure!
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline Yohon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
GREAT thread and I agree with you guys ten fold....Gun said it "class act"

42lbs and big Snuffers......here I have been worried that 47Lbs isnt enough  :notworthy:
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©