3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Arrows/FMJ help  (Read 480 times)

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Arrows/FMJ help
« on: April 15, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
I made the switch from the dark side after last bow season. I been shooting my Great Plains recurve 55@28-64" just working on form with the arrows I used with my compound. Im ready to match arrows for my recurve and I want to shoot carbon for their durability . My draw is 29.5 so I gess Im pulling about 58lbs. My compound arrows were Eastons Full Meatal Jackets 9.9 grain per-in" @ 28.5". These are a metal/carbon arrow and the shoot like darts out of my recurve. They are 400 spine. Do you guys think these would be a good match for my GP recurve if they were theright lenght for my draw. If not what spine or carbon arrow would you guys recommend! Thanks

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Arrows/FMJ help
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
really surprised those 400's are shooting that well at only 28.5". I've done a little playing around with the FMJ's and my 60# and 55# bows  won't shoot 400's even full-length. i'm shooting 500's cut to 30" and that's with 175 grains on the front end
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Hatchet Jack

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
SO YOU THINK I SHOULD go with the 500's. The 400 seem to be flying ok and they are fast. I never did bare shaft them. I had 150gr tip and insert? up front with 5" feathers. The 500's are a stiffer spine?? Thanks for your help!!

Hatchet Jack
UBP MEMBER
UBK MEMBER
GREAT PLAINS RECURVE
55@28

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
nope, 500's are softer---remember, Easton and Beman shafts numbers reflect their actual bend rate so a larger number means it bends more. PSE and others are the opposite, the larger numbers are stiffer
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©