3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Domestic Dispute  (Read 3093 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Domestic Dispute
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »
my guess is he hasnt actually received it yet as he just got the money order that broke the straw that broke the camels back.am i correct in my assumations tj? or are you just dangling the cheese in front of all of us meeces?
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »
Hmmm I got a bow for my wife...best trade I ever made. LOL

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 07:37:00 PM »
Yeah bow won't be here for a week or so I'd guess. I'll post some photos when it arrives. I'm not a total rookie, having the seller send it to my office. Didn't want to come home and find it in the fireplace.

Killie, she is spoiled and knows it. It's all "Our" money. She doesn't work out of our home. Shes a wonderful housekeeper mother and wife. I wouldn't trade her for a dozen skinned out Morrisons (did I just say that)? I just like to have fun with her sometimes. Please don't take that from me.

Varmint101 has hit the nail on the head. It's costing me a new refrigerator. Nothing wrong with ours she just doesn't like the color. We have had the "Why do you need another purse/bow" conversation many many times.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 07:56:00 PM »
I gotta say,

I ordered my wife a new longbow, and she is ordering me a new one shortly for my birthday.

Trade that woman in for one that shoots trad too.  It cuts into your personal bow purchases, but if she shoots high enough poundage they make great target / off season / back up bows.

Mine cooks, cleans, and only gets pissy when I hunt without her.  I ditched one like you mentioned a lot of years ago and spent a bunch of years dating until I found one that loves what I love.  Never been happier.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 08:06:00 PM »
I'm very careful at my house and encourage her to do things she likes and go her own way. The last three years she's told me she is sick of hearing about hunting so I'm real careful about saying much, but she still lets me go out of state once a year. Kind of supprised me at Christmas though, I was looking at an old bow for sale on line and she said if I wanted it to get it, so I did.   Ben
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Better not ask her to take the photos!   :rolleyes:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
I think a new refrigerator is worth at least two bows don't you? Back to negotiations.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Tyke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 09:07:00 PM »
Icemaker and water through the door?

Definitely a 2 bow fridge.
only those who attempt the absurd, achieve the impossible.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:00 PM »
I guess I will have to step up and brag on my trophy wife. Her take on it is  "Having too many bows is like trying to have too many flowers, it can't be done!"  Man! I did good when I married this one about 27 yrs ago. She's nothing like the 1st two and there wasn't anything wrong with them. I was just living out what pop told me, "No point in being stupid if you don't show it!"
Live and learn I recon.
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 09:22:00 PM »
"No point in being stupid if you don't show it!"

I love it Mudd. My first wife and I have been at it for 19 years.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Every time I'm preparing to go on an out of state hunt my wife is all for it.
About 2 weeks prior to leaving she starts bringing it up as if I'm running out on her while she's on her death bed.
I always invite her to go along.... but she answers with "If you go this time I'm filing for a Divorce".

My reply is always, "We'll talk about it when I get back". She never brings it up after I return.... Until time to leave for the next trip.

Also learned to take all new bows to storage after receiving them.( Have them delivered to a P.O. Box) Then I'll take one from the house and swap it out for one in storage. She has no idea what is in storage and believes most of my bows I owned before we were married.( No way I could ever have gone 25 years without buying another bow.) She probably will divorce me if she knew how many I really do own!

Gotta get her to start shooting again. I don't remember, but she says she use to shoot with me occasionally when we first started dating.
Maybe if she starts again she'll appreciate my little collection!

Offline CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
My wife will probably not let me back in the house after I get back from Kzoo the end of this month.
Maybe she will want a new refrigerator, that is what I will tell her your wife is getting TJ, she will go for it then.
See what your starting TJ, congrats on the new bow.

Offline mjdglobal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:00 PM »
shoot her with a blunt!!!  **DISCLAIMER**  This post was made for entertainment purposes only.  The previous post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this poster, website or traditional archers who are married in any way.

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
I bought a bow yesterday; put it on the credit card, and the wife asked, "why didn't you just take it out of checking?"   We've been married 44 years this past November so there's really nothing to hide.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 12:03:00 AM »
Amen George,

Tell em the truth.  If they sqwuak buy them something of equal value, if they threaten to leave, buy another bow.  They will leave or decide your sorry hide is worth keeping around despite the bow spending and get off your back.  Either way the truth works best for me.  

Note : Easy for me to say when I get in trouble for buying my new bow first instead of hers.first.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 12:08:00 AM »
Originally posted by mjdglobal:
shoot her with a blunt!!!  **DISCLAIMER**  This post was made for entertainment purposes only.  The previous post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this poster, website or traditional archers who are married in any way.
Yeah right!  :clapper:
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline Ike 403

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 12:34:00 AM »
lpcjon2, you are a marketing genius! LMAO!
The great bow twanged. The black arrow sped straight from the string, straight for the hollow
by the left breast where the foreleg was flung wide. In it smote and vanished, barb, shaft,
and feather, so fierce was its flight.~J.R.R. Tolkien-The Hobbit

Offline fido dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »
Just tell her it's really just for her and you would like to use it some if she doesn't care for it.

Disclaimer: I don't think this has ever worked in the history of MAN......but is still worth a shot.
A politician who acts foolishly may NOT be acting!

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »
Makes me wish Terry would start a dating site on here?
Single  Male (39) seeks single female (30-45). Must have job, be drug free, social drinker, prefer "d" shaped longbows and Black Widows T/d's....Eye color, hair color and draw length unimportant. Must be able to skin a squirrel and drag own deer. Also must not be named Illbeer.
Please email... Don't care if'n you super homelly if you have the right bows..
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 04:15:00 AM »
I think when you choose the third wife you'll do it in the wisest way.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©