3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Domestic Dispute  (Read 3089 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Domestic Dispute
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Someone's going to be rich when this is over I can just feel it.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »
they will just spend it on bows then pay someone to call their wife. lol.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by KentuckyTJ:
Hahaha funny stuff guys. The straw that broke the camels back was when I told her to stop and get me a money order from the post office. I had to back the phone away from my ear on that one. I do have to learn to be more sneaky. I'll be p.m.ing some of you bow buying/wife dodging pro's in the coming months.

Jacob, it was a 60" Crow Creek Mag long bow.
:biglaugh:  

That bow just may be worth it...LOL
I have made the mistake of letting my wife keep track of our finances...(we would be broke otherwise)  but it sure does make it hard to get bows through the door without her noticing...
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2010, 04:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by dragon rider:
KYBowman is right.  You have to build up the credits before you start withdrawing them.  Otherwise you wind up paying interest on the overdraft - in this case a refrigerator.
I'm sorry but you must be young and naive or just inexperienced. Everyone should know that any points earned this week are reset at the end of the month. They do not carry over.  :eek:

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2010, 06:12:00 AM »
Its probably our fault in the end; as we are always thinking about bows; and when we look for a beau - well being high strung is not so much an issue...
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Wolfie2nd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2010, 06:28:00 AM »
That's a sweet rig Kentucky.. I would say she is worth the fight.. Speaking of winning bows in a raffle I might need some help as well I gotta widow coming in like 2 weeks.. Anyone wanna help???

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
Alright, I think I have an idea. My wife as I'm sure most of yours are is a sucker for anything that says "SALE". Here's the deal. We set up a hotline that we can call in the heat of battle and let our better half hear the person on the other end of the line say that the bow was "On sale at 50% off". Most our wives being non bowaholics will have no idea how much any of them are worth and the 50% off sale is the language they are familiar with and use on us everytime they bring in a new pair of shoes (that they don't need hahaha).

What are yall's thoughts?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline kybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2010, 07:38:00 AM »
Now thats an absolutely BRILLIANT idea TJ!!!!  You deserve another new bow for that one!!  OH LORD. 8^)

Offline LoweBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
LOL.....Great idea!
Backwater Bowfishing Pro Staff.
MossyOak Pro Staff.
They can have my bow when it's pried from my cold dead fingers.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2010, 11:27:00 AM »
My wife was starting to get a little bitchy with me over buying bows, so I used a line I have heard on this forum or another. “ If I can’t have a new girlfriend, I might as well have a new bow.” OMG she ate it up and said I was right and to go ahead and get another bow and that there are worst things I could be doing. I can’t believe that actually worked.

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »
I've gone mostly to buying takedowns. Not for the bowyer's marketing of different weighted or decorated limbs, but because they come in a smaller package and are easier to sneak in the house! Some TD's come in arrow boxes...which is just more arrows right? Also, always have 3 or 4 "on display" and others in storage. That way you can "rotate the new stock" and they won't notice. At least mine doesn't.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
Good thought Kyle, these bowyers need to get on board and help the brothers out. If their buyers are able to sneak them by our home female detection systems the more we can purchase. Start shipping them in smaller boxes as Kyle states with labels like "CURING ARROWS DO NOT OPEN BOX FOR 10 DAYS OR THE OUTSIDE AIR WILL WARP THEM BEFORE DRYING"
www.zipperbows.com

Offline Mike Spaulding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2010, 02:17:00 PM »
I've been through so many different bows over the past 2 years (have to find "the one" as many of you know.) that I thought I had it down to a science with the wife.  After all, to her, a bow is a bow and she didn't notice the different woods or even longbow/recurve.. so I thought.. that was until about a month ago.  I was stringing a Zipper I had just picked up when I hear from accross the room "when did you get that one?!".. shivers down my spine.. I knew the jig was up.  Since it was a trade deal, she didn't care, so now all my bows are "trades"! In all actuality, most bows I have were traded for, but I'm thinking for you guys buying most of your bows and are in the dog house, tell 'em it's a trade.. then it only cost what, $25 -$30 for shipping?

Offline Acuna

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2010, 02:37:00 PM »
Interesting.  I am of the you got to be 100% honest with them philosophy.  Then again, I'm blessed with a wife who wants me to be happy and pursue my hobbies.  She trusts my judgment and I try not to abuse that trust.  We both have a "what's the point in life if you don't have a little fun now and then" attitude.  I don't complain about shoes, dresses, and cooking supplies (my wife LOVES to cook) and she doesn't say a word about the bows, guns, fly rods, reels, custom balsa crankbaits, etc.....

We do have a policy of discussing "larger" purchases just to make sure we are meeting out financial goals, but it always ends up being a good discussion.  Now that we have our first child we're both less spendy (hey, our expenses went UP)!

I will say having an understanding wife makes all the difference in the world when it comes to these things.  Before I met my wife I dated some girls who turned out to be real b__tchy and it didnt last long.  I am sure they are nagging some poor guy somewhere... hope none of you guys ended up with them.

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
I had a guy tell me he puts his new bows n his barn for a few days.Then when they get dusty he takes it in and when asked he's say's."This old dusty thing,ive had it hang'n around for awhile"

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Or you can tell them it is one of those try before you buy deals and you just wanted to see what it was like??? Then Oooops its scratched?? Limbs twisted??? tiller blow up and the brace got sturnbuckled?? Can't send it back .. Got to keep it?? Sorry Honey!!??
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
Danny - How many do you ned on the rack before she doens't notice anymore  :D  

I have only had two at a time EVER so I guess you need LOTS of'EM

Tom: do you spend tons of money DRINKING-SMOKING-EATING JUNK FOOD-EATING OUT etc.

I explained this to my wife and she saw the light. I also explained that we only live once  (I think) and that we were put here to experience things. If we have to scrimp and save for everything we won't get to do ANYTHING.

I take on extra jobs etc to pay for my habits and that's how I do it...now I have some residual income coming in that has retired her and is paying for my habits - seems she is happier now tee hee

Jer Bear

Offline shadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »
It's not how many bows you have that count, it's the ones that you don't have.....YET.

Offline Day Dreamer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »
Just have the bowyer word something real sweet on the bow about the Mrs's, that'll get yah off the couch. At least it worked for me. LOL

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Tom, I think Wife Number One must be reading this behind my back.

We were just having a conversation over dinner about possibly getting a new Lab puppy in the future. We met a breeder the other day who get $1500 for a pup.

Anyway, wife nonchalantly says "That's a lot for a puppy, you've never even had a bow that cost that much have you?"

Me----start feeling sweat coming to my brow immediately, I recovered quickly though and spewed out a resounding "NO!"

I don't think she believed me.   :banghead:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©