3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever been to fat to Hunt?  (Read 8701 times)

Offline Steve H.

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever been to fat to Hunt?
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
Joe-Buck:  I guess I am goina have to buy you a LITE beer in Nashville then ehh?

Too fat, me, yes.  I'm 6' 3" and 230ish and carry MOST of it fairly well BUT that is a bit much for a mountain hunter.  

My wife is too dang good of a cook, just one of my excuses.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2010, 04:34:00 AM »
Dam all this talk makes me hunker for a bucket of KFC!

Offline SveinD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2010, 04:57:00 AM »
Well, I would suggest eating more meat!
A guy I know has lost about 25lbs just eating meat, but you have to give up the side-dishes..
Also have 5 meals spread evenly throughout the day, with nothing in between!
Think it is calles the Atkins diet. Good info on it @ wikipedia.com
Centaur 58" Glass XTL 40@28

~Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand~ Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Butch Speer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:00 AM »
I knew it was time to lose weight when one day while walking thru Wally World, one of my shirt buttons popped off & almost put out a fellas eye!    :scared:    I decided to get on the wagon. It broke.  :eek:
God Bless

Butch the Yard Gnome

67 Bear Kodiak Hunter 58" 48@28
73 Bear Grizzly 58" 47@ 28
74 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45@28
Shakespeare Necedah 58" 45@28

Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of pleasures, costs nothing, and conveys much.
- Erastus Wiman

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guru:
Biggie,  You showed me a picture of all the  incentive you'll ever need buddy...precious!!
Thanks for the reminder!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
This thread for me is like those no smoking adds on TV.  After I see one all I want to do is go get a cigar.  I don't smoke hardly ever.  Has anyone tried the new Dominos pizza?  I think I smell pizza. Must resist, must resist.  Must loose twenty pounds by canoe trip season.

Offline drags

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »
I can't believe it!  For various reasons I haven't been on here in a while until today and I come across this topic.  I have definately grown wider than taller over the years.  This past bow season I noticed I was getting a little winded when walking up the hill back to the truck.  Then in November my younger brother by 2 yrs. (44) had to have heart surgergy (5 BYPASSES!). The time is now to take aim for being "less" of a man for my family and myself. And, so I can continue enjoying time in the woods entertaining the whitetails and turkey as I fling feathered sticks by them to watch fly through the air and listen to me speak in tongues.

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Bringing this back TTT... It hit home with me, since March 10th I have dropped 54#s with 36# to go. Hope to have it all off by Bambi slicing time in September..  :archer2: . I had a blood pressure scare in February that got my attention quick with two nose bleeds of about 4 hours each. Never had a nose bleed in my life. I have gotten rid of all my bigger camo, regular clothes , etc.. not gonna need it anymore. Feel better than I have in 10 years. If this Georgia boy can leave the cokes, sweet tea and fried food alone, anybody can !!

Froggy
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by Froggy:
Bringing this back TTT... It hit home with me, since March 10th I have dropped 54#s with 36# to go. ...
Froggy
That is awesome! Keep it up!

Joshua
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
weight watcher real life real food...i fight weight everyday...prayers work too... :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2011, 06:09:00 PM »
Turned 50 back in Feb. w/ high b.p. and eating too much sweets and soda for way to long, decided it was time to hit the gym and start eating sensibly(no more soda, and very little sweets and carbs) down to 218 from 250, looking to make it  to 200 by Oct.

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
I take Lipitor for high cholesterol and Lisinopryl for high blood pressure. My doctor told me it's from genetics since my late dad had the same problems.

I'm not a big guy either. I'm 5' 9" tall and weigh 160 pounds.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Canadabowyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
My 6 year old grandson was sitting on my lap and he patted my belly and said" Grampa Bob, when is your baby going to come out?" That was enough for me. More exersize less food!!  Bob
"non illegitimus carborundum est"

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2011, 07:58:00 PM »
When I hit about 55 years , I realized how true the old saying is "if I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself". I can still do most anything I want though, just maybe a little slower pace. I try to burn off about as much as I take in. Easier said than done though.
bolong

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
To all you guys, do yourselves a favor, get the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, read it and then you will be much more educated on the foods you eat and be able to make good decisions.
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Froggy-Good job!-Hap

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2011, 09:11:00 PM »
I was just told MY knee problem is all caused by weight.
Doc was frank and said YOU NEED TO LOOSE WEIGHT to have your knee feel better.

WHERE to start?

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
njloco,
 I will look a copy of that book up.. thanks. I have lost the weight so far by cutting out as I said earlier the sodas, sweets, fried food and white bread, white pastas. On the weekends, I will have two meals of what I am craving, but no buffets for me anymore. I took a sip of my son's Coke the other day and it was too sweet for me.. never thought I would say that. Haven't followed no type of a diet plan, just haven't eaten what I thought would be bad for me, so far it's working !!. I will say the sweet tea was the hardest for me to quit

Thanks fellas !!!!   :eek:
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline Clint B.

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
I had my annual physical around the first of this year. My doctor suggested that I might want to consider taking a high blood pressure pill. I said no thanks, let me lose some weight first and see what happens. Losing weight has always lowered my blood pressure in the past. I'm now 40 pounds lighter and about ready to get my B.P. checked again. My weight has yo-yo'ed up and down throughout my adult life. Luckily, it's easy for me to lose weight when I count my calories and limit my daily intake to 2000-2500 calories. Unfortunately, it's much easier to put it back on when I stop watching what and how much I eat. It's like they say, you need to "eat to live" rather than "live to eat".

Offline Elmer Fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Joebuck, I had a similar problem. Got my weight up to 305 lbs. @ 47 years of age and felt old. I'm tall with a big frame, but it was still killing me. I bought a Kona Hoss mountain bike, 3 years ago on my wife's birthday. That bike was build for a heavyweight. I spent 6 weeks in the dog house, but it was the best investment of my life. I don't ride as regular as I should, but when I'm feeling fat I ride the thing and actually enjoy it. My legs and cardio hold up better when pounding the hills and I don't have the aches and pains that I had before. Also my balance is better. I only ride it on the road and installed radial belted tires that are goat head proof. Course you'll have to toughen your butt a bit and you'll watch your diet better when riding.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©