3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever been to fat to Hunt?  (Read 8707 times)

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever been to fat to Hunt?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
I'm just waiting for Marie Osmond to make a post.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
The biggest looser...sound good for Ole Miss guy!!!!!!m= :)  just funin!!!  :goldtooth:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
Joey, I've Been there and I still need to loose 25 more. I was hunting fall of 2008 and saw that I was pushing the limits of my climber and Camo. I had lost 34 lbs  spring and summer of 2009 but have gained 10 back since September. I lost the weight by eating less, I still eat plenty but just try to have smaller portions. I'm gonna try to start the "eat less" diet again next week.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »
I used to be so skinny I had to run around in the shower to get wet and my pajamas had only one stripe.  Oh for the days of the high octane metabolism.

Now, I'm leery about wearing a ghillie suit lest all the burlap threads stick straight out. Who wants to wander the woods looking like the love child of a sasquatch and a blowfish?

Offline Olin Rindal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I've always been "husky". I've reached an all time high. I use to have the opinion that it was easier to get use to it than to get rid of it. I don't like the way I feel anymore so I decided to make some goals. 20 by bear season (May) and another 20 by moose season (September). Thats 40 all together might be tough. I have to keep reminding myself that its not just losing weight its a lifestyle change. If I change my lifestyle (like cut out soda pop and drink more water, only have one helping at the dinner table, and go to the gym on a regulator bases) I believe that the weight will come off. I figure that if I ever want to hunt Dahl Sheep I need to be in a lot better shape "Sheep Shape" as the locals call it.

Good luck to all
Olin

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
Biggie isn't overweight, he's sort of like Eric Cartman...just big boned.
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline Cool Arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
When I had a little trouble bending over to tie my Danners this spring I realized it was time to make some changes in diet and life style. Thank God. Later I received an elk permit.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
"i was so fat last year that when my old lady told me to haul ass i had to make two trips."

:biglaugh:  Im still laughing, bout choked on my cracker.
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Broken Arrow 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »
I am sure getting the dunlaps disease!!
You know when your belly dunlaped over your belt.
Its not the size of the animal you hunt that matters. Its how you hunt the animal.

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 10:41:00 PM »
im there it cost me a buck a few years ago tried to turn in my climber and the handle slid einto my pocket and caused the top to fall i caught it but pretty hard to shoot while holdign a seat. Sheddin the pounds now might be going for elk in sept.

Offline Ike 403

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
We always called it the "dickey-doo". Yer belly sticks out further than...well...you get the picture...  :p
The great bow twanged. The black arrow sped straight from the string, straight for the hollow
by the left breast where the foreleg was flung wide. In it smote and vanished, barb, shaft,
and feather, so fierce was its flight.~J.R.R. Tolkien-The Hobbit

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »
It does cut down on the need to break arrows shooting stuff though...I just bail out of the tree and squarsh everything now Joey....also tenderizes it pretty good...
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jcprintz

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »
I'm with ya boys. I finally broke down before bow season started and gave away all of my huntin clothes that were too tight to my weight challenged friends. Problem is that by the time Thanksgiving was over the stuff I kept was to tight .
Did you ever notice that all of the good camo makers discriminate against us. I now have to buy 2- XXL shirts and put them together to make one that fits.
Koger your story brought a tear to my eye LMAO . Oh- guess I didn't laugh long enough my a** is still the same size.
TGMM,Family of the Bow

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »
This is way toooooooooooooooo close to home....

:biglaugh:

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:00 PM »
my old lady says one night while i was sleep walkin i stepped on a rainbow and it came out skittles.....  :biglaugh:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2010, 11:07:00 PM »
I went to the doctor and he informed me I had to lose 90 to 100 lbs. Easer said then done. My kid said we should start by painting a yellow stripe around my waist so they could tell if I was walking or rolling.

:knothead:    :help:
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2010, 11:20:00 PM »
i've dropped 35 so far and still goin...i hate treadmills.  :readit:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Now that was a good injection of brevity right there....I even got the giggles.  

:goldtooth:

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2010, 05:55:00 AM »
Summitt makes a climbing stand good to 400#

Cabelas makes a cot good to 500#

You can find all kinds of boots that are slip on- no need to try to bend over to tie boots.

Fat guys have to walk slower = stealhty.

Buying quart bottles of water instead of the dinky 8oz saves money.

Anytime you fly and there is an extra meal, the stewardess will ALWAYS offer it to you.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2010, 06:00:00 AM »
First off you need to swear that all you will eat is wild game taken by you, next you need to put the bow down and run your game down and kill it by hand. You will be in a Med. by next deer season   :thumbsup:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©