3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever been to fat to Hunt?  (Read 8709 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever been to fat to Hunt?
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by joebuck:
I hit a low point last week...i caught myself at Wallyworld trying on a "Give up Suit"...you know....the one piece zip up cotton suit with the belt around the middle with fake brass buckle and the fish jumping on the chest? They say once you wear those ...you done gave up!
Too funny!!!!     :clapper:  

Heck he wouldn't even let me make cookies for camp!   Sorry Biggie.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
100# is right.

I did it through diet and exercise. There is a silver bullet that makes it easier. PM me and I will let you in on the secret.

Never in our married life had we owned a scale. I just couldn't figure out why my 3X shirts were too small and the size 42 pants didn't fit under my belly.  My better half has always been trim. Even after 7 kids she weighs in at 118#'s.

To start it off we purchased a scale. I committed to weigh my self daily (in the morning just before I hopped in the shower). I then wrote my weight on the side of our mirror with a dry erase marker. I would keep 40 to 60 days of weights on the mirror to see what direction I was heading, and to be accountable to my better half.

I cut out pop and sugar, quit making a stop at the convenience store for anything but gas.
Chewed lots of sugar free gum.
Drank GALLONS AND GALLONS of Crystal Lite.

My main menue consisted of lots of stir fry meals!

Since Thanksgiving I am up 4# to 6# but holding steady, I did enjoy my favorite pies (round) and other holiday treats.

Any exercise was just walking. This winter, I've tried to hunt rabbits each weekend,and jump shoot ducks at night, this keeps me out and about.

My good buddy turned 50 this year, during hunting season he just wasn't feeling well, after he went in for a check up. He ended up getting a triple bypass.  

:readit:  REALITY HIT HOME! That is not a road I EVER want to go down. He is in recovery and doing well but has a road to work back to hunting weights on his bow.
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
Mudd, I have my weight under control...been 360# for two years now.

Last time I hunted with a guide I told him; "If you say we have to go to the top we'll go to the top..... We just have to do it at MY speed"
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Missing Impossible

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2010, 11:16:00 AM »
Longbowben hasn't "weighed" in yet?  He's an expert on this subject!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
In the warmer weather you can wear a pair BIKE coachin shorts you can pull up to your nipples , that way ur friends can easily pick you out...serious weight watchers works!!!!!!3 finger under eating ...MMMMMMmmmmmm  :)   :)    :goldtooth:  you da man!
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Rick Perry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
" Who wants to wander the woods looking like the love child of a sasquatch and a blowfish? "

LOL !!!!! .......... now thats funny !!!!!
"Pick a spot"

RLP

Offline Marty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Biggie, my friend ,ole buddy, ole pal- Get your scale fixed.

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 11:52:00 AM »
Not a word of a Lie,I was in bed the other night with my wife and she says congradulations your breasts are now larger than mine.Time to strip some celulite !
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
That is really funny -using braille to hook up belts, I'm an expert

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2010, 12:05:00 PM »
You know it's bad when an alarm starts chirpin' every time you back up! It's also probably not a good sign if you bring a toothbrush and a change of clothes with you to the "all you can eat" buffet.

I'm 6'2" and pushing 270. O.k., I'm officially "too fat to hunt" - at least like I used to.
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
Hey,Did you guys hear about Gene and Biggies Safari to Africa ? They were walking close to the river,that was infested with man-eating Crocodiles.Biggie fell in and before they could pull him out,He ate three!
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2010, 12:23:00 PM »
This is some funny reading. good spirit guy's
I wish you all well in you quest to lose. Do it for the Health of it.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
I leave "Two Tracks" too! One each for my draggin' butt cheeks!

:biglaugh:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »
I'm starting South Beach today right after i see the Colonel..........256# official...2-3-4# a week till i slip back in the 34's............Goal...to wear my safety harness next year over my clothes instead on under them.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
There is alot to be said for being "fat and happy"
I had belly band put in 2 months ago and am losing some weight but we cooked a bunch of beans for 2 days at the lease. I could only eat about a cup of them. I wanted to cry. Them beans were good. Being full had nothing to do with how much I wanted to eat

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
I'm not betting against Joey, I've seen him do this 4 or 5 times already in the last 20 years or so...
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
Your not fat until you've been approached to be a stunt double for the Michelin Man.Maybe he has camo for sale.    :biglaugh:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline T Lail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
15 months ago I weighed 310 pounds and was told by my doctor if I wanted to live another five years I had better do something NOW.....through a bunch of life style changes I now weigh 180, have the proper blood pressure and exercise every day.....I cannot express how much better I feel and can now keep up with anybody.....to all those who NEED to lose weigh, don't ever give up.....take  the victories where they come and keep it up !!!!!!!
NCBA Life Member
Compton Member
Carolina Traditinal Archers
Bowhunter Education Instructor

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
I'm doomed. My fighting weight is 270#.
Might as well enjoy it while I can!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »
i just put it on in the middle  and i just cant shake it off so i have stopped putting to much food in my mouth  now we will see what that does. hell if that dont work i dont know what will.  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :jumper:    :jumper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©