3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever been to fat to Hunt?  (Read 8705 times)

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever been to fat to Hunt?
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
I'm with you Joey!  I got on the scale the other day and it said "one at a time please"! I'm fatter than I've ever been. I first knew I was in trouble this year when I went deer hunting for the first time. I'm too dang cheap to buy a new climber stand and still have my 1987 Loggy Bayou self climber where you have to hug the tree to go up.  Well, I was like a teeter toter on the tree. I tried to hug the tree and my belly would get in the way and cause my legs to kick out! Finally, made it up the tree, but I'd worn the fabric off my shirt and was bruised to beat all.  I've started working on the old "hand to mouth" disease and have dropped a few. My problem is that my doctor always says I'm the healthiest fat guy he's ever met and my wife thinks I look great!  Love really is blind!

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
Somebody ask Joebuck whats that sound in the woods....it was cuttin sound , that couldnt be a turkey , naw ...that was his leggs rubbin together when he walked!!! LOL..pass the boudreaux butt paste!!!v   :biglaugh:
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Jeff Sample

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2010, 04:45:00 PM »
Terry,

Tina is correct to a degree. What she isn't telling you, however, is that you should be in a 6'5" man's body instead of the one you were issued! (not that I can talk).
Jeff
Give me oysters and beer, for dinner every day of the year and I'll feel fine – Jimmy Buffett

Offline Firstarrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »
Aren't we all grateful for blind wives?
Being first, making a mark and being part of
something great!
Rich

May you keep the wind to your nose, have the patience of Job, and have your Firstarrow fly true.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »
I'm not overweight, I'm undertall.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Featherbuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
I will take you turkey hunting with me.......you are bound to lose some weight.  My hunting partner is always telling me to slow down!!!!
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. - Tribe Unknown

Southern Traditional Archery

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Conner Parry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
This thread hit home to me. I stepped on the scale the other day and I am the heaviest that I have ever been. I started climbing stairs that same afternoon and hope to continue to do so. Good luck to everyone else that is on the quest to be in better hiking shape.
Shoot Straight

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
Featherbuster......how can you turkey hunt when your shooting those big fish at that time of the year?....can you cook ribs like your brother? i can't
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
man this is the funniest thread ever.my side aches and my head hurts from all the laughing.
  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2010, 07:34:00 PM »
I got one of those new talking scales a couple years ago before I went on the diet.  I stepped on one day and it said "OK one of you get off"

That was it!  I shot the scale.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline jhg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
No.
Learn, practice and pass on "leave no trace" ethics, no matter where you hunt.

Offline pine nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »
Man! I saw this come up yesterday and 24 HOURS later there's 7 pages!!!!!!!!!!! Did you hit a nerve or what???????????????  BTW my answer is yes! Also thanks Biggie for the idea of putting two belts together!

Offline Benha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »
Just glad I'm not a bass they would mount me. You only throw the little ones back.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »
A friend told me when he hit 50 he contracted furniture disease.Of course I fell for it and asked what is furniture disease.
He said it is when your chest falls into your drawers.  :biglaugh:  
Bill

Offline FubarFred

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
You guys need my problem. If I gain any weight my prosthesis doesn't fit. Got big enough during thaanksgiving that I couldn't wear it and had to use the crutches for a few days. The wife dogged me for being such a porker.
Fred..
TGMM Family of the Bow
Traditional Bowhunters of MD
MD Bowhunters Society
Bowhunters of South Carolina
UDT/SEAL Association

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Interesting thread, funny, yet seems several of us are realizingwhatwe need to do and doing it.

I'm down 15# so far, started a week before Christmas. I'm using the South Beach Diet, which works very well and is a healthy diet. It can be a bit trying at times, but it works. Why SB? It was developed by a cardiologist.

I'm 46, 5'8" and had crept up to 210#. Not cool. My problem, I love food. I love to cook, and eat. I was on a See-food diet for too long, and I was getting seriously winded doing a lot of remedial labor. Went to see my Doc, and when I saw my cholesterol numbers, something had to change. 276 with triglycerides over 400. He told me I ain't 20 no more, and I gotta pull my head outta my arse.

I knew it, and got to thinkin on the way home. I'm a firefighter/paramedic. One thing I've noticed over 22 years on the job is the average age of people I see dying from sudden cardiac arrest is getting lower. When I was a newbie, most of 'em were in their 60-70's. Now we see a lot of em in thier mid 40's. Like me.

Makes me sick when I gotta run a call on a guy with his kids in the other room crying in total shock cuz their Dad just dropped dead. Wake up call. Gut check. Whatever ya wanna call it, I knew I had to change my ways.

I have 2 boys and a wife that would never deserve me droppin dead, and it was up to me to pull my head out and get motivated.

My goal is to drop at least another 25# and go from there. My game plan is this.

1.Slow, steady and determined progress. Its not a race.

No fast food( other than venison). No junk food. No processed foods. If it comes in a box, I don't eat it.

Whole grains, whole wheats only. Nothing with white flour, or "enriched" grains.

Lots of fresh healthy fruits, veggies and homemade soups.

Get more exercise. Havent started on that one yet, but even with the 15# I've lost so far, I feel so much better.

Its a process of learning how to prepare your favorite foods in a manner that is healthy, and tastes every bit as good, but its worth it.

I think the South Beach diet program suits all that perfectly. I was 140# when I got out of the Navy in 1986. I am looking to retire in 18 months, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it hunting fishing and experienceing the backcountry of America. Can't do it very well if I'm dead.

Good luck to those who are also trying to drop some baggage.
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2010, 10:20:00 PM »
Thanks John, truer words haven't been said yet!
I still carry the stresses of my time as a firefighter/EMT and really never recovered from a downward spiral of poor sleep patterns followed by the evil trio of lack of energy, over eating and no exercise.
Time for a lot of us to step up to the... scale? Oooh, I said it:    :scared:    :knothead:    

I'd really hate, personally, to have to graduate from this:

to this:

because of this:

:help:  

Dear God, I do so love bacon. And pork. Especially together. With gravy, please. Thanks.
  :p    "[dntthnk]"
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
I was told to start slow so.... I drove by where they sell exercise clothing.
 God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:00 PM »
Take control of yourself - I know a guy that goes 300 and he climbs a tree. If your not comfortable with yourself, work on it, if you are - good to go. You have more power over yourself than you can imagine - just try!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©