3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Regrets  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Regrets
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 12:54:00 PM »
Yep, this one!  Anyone seen it?  She is a 58" Ghost, and she draws 49@28.  Osage on coco.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline will123

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
Sold a Spririt II longbow from Renegade archery.
Been looking for a longbow that shoots just like that one but never found it.
I shoot recurves but that longbow did it for me.
Das Elite
Black Widow PMA X

Offline don kauss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
'60 Kodiak Special...wouldn't be so bad, but I reserved it too cheap, and the buyer told me right after the fact that he expected to pay way more (it was on ****).
Your Chicken from McDonald's, Tyson Foods, or Perdue Farms spent most of it's life stuffed in a cage with three or four others, occupying a space about the size of a book page...None for me, thanks...

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 01:04:00 PM »
58" morrison cheyenne 54# absolute rocket launcher shot a 2216 with 125 gr point on a line out to 40 yds,i remember having the same sight picture out to 30 yds and it would hit very close at 40 yds!

and a Jack smith blackhawk longbow it just shot good for me too1
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline KumaSan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 01:14:00 PM »
My 1969 Bear Super Kodiak, 60", 49# @ 28", and it had a built in site. I was mistaken in believing it was too old to shoot.

Online kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
Funny how it works sometimes.  I bought my first Bear  from a guy, and I learned to shoot with it.
I then traded it back to the same guy, and I always regretted it.
My chance came around again, and I bought it back. It sits on my wall now, and will stay there.    You never know.
Ken Thornhill

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Not yet - I sold my compound and was glad to get rid of it. Sold my Bob lee 60# recurve 3 piece 64" and it went to a great home but I wanted to try a longbow.

Sold my SHrew 56" 58# just past few days - loved it, but want to try some others before I settle on one.

I have a ACS CX 62" for sale right now cause I want shorter limbs of the same model and I shoot great with it.

I think we all are different and we all suit a certain bow....Some ppl swear by a certain bow - well I think that bow fits them...just like pants or shoes kinda.

I feel I shoot with the ACS the best..dunno why just do...does that make someone else bow inferior absolutely NOT..just might not suit me is all.

Anyway I am anxiuos to sell my ACS which is a great bow - i have just found with the type of hunting I do I like shorter limbs that's why I loved the Shrew while I had her.

Jer Bear

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »
Yep, Elkridge Pilgrim Two, short bow, around 55# osage limbs and wenge/osage riser. Sure wish I could find that bow again, no longer made.m Only one they made like that. 64" one piece O.L. Adcock ACS longbow, cocobolo dymondwood riser, one of the very first made serial #9 or 10 I think,72#@27" , "Yannashchito" would not mind having that one back either.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
No,because every year I become wiser and I buy better bows.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
Sold a 60" Lone Wolf "Autumn Storm" I bought off TradGang a few years ago, to the cousin of a friend who wanted a short LB as a backup. It quickly became his go to bow. I looked for a replacement for over three year before finding one just before the past hunting season. I expect it will get plenty of use in 2010. One thing for sure, it will not be going up for sale.

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:00 PM »
yes, sold my northwind gem to pay some vet bills & tracked it down a few months later & traded it back from a kind gentleman on here who understood I needed it back.  Mike
Big Mike

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
yea - me too.  Actually a couple of them.  I can't talk about..........
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Offline marshall brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »
I sold my 3 piece pronghorn a few years back and still shake my head. The only good thing about getting rid of it was that I learned I was a little overbowed with it, and it gives me a reason to buy another one someday. I can't wait, Herb makes a great bow.

Offline gregk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 05:24:00 PM »
I sold my Bob Lee recurve to a friend who wanted to get into traditional archery. A co-worker of mine ended up with it a couple years later and i told him i would love to buy it back. When he brought it to show me i could tell the limbs were twisted, he told me there was nothing wrong with it and tried to string it and the limb split in pieces. Decided i didnt want it back after all.  :eek:

Offline redneckrampage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
traded my 60 pound mahaska zebra and southwest cedar flatbow for a wing then had to sell the wing to pay some bills..i miss that mahaska

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
Now why would someone sell their beloved bow, unless they were hard up for money (and I don't mean money to buy another bow)? Sometimes people need to buy food ...

Sounds like people here have learned to keep what's near and dear and only sell off the excess baggage.  Learning not to get greedy and having to buy the next hot marketing item could cost you more than money.  I guess people make the mistake of selling this stuff early so they don't try to sell their kids later even though I'm sure there's moments. LOL

With all that being said who wants to buy my first longbow?  I'm thinking about buying a shrew   :biglaugh:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline jcp161

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
A 60" 45# GN Superghost I bought on this site. Was buying and trading to try different bows at the time. Traded it and regretted it ever since. Thought it was too light for me at the time. I know better now that it's too late.
"In bow hunting, the goal is not marksmanship but shooting well. And shooting well, after all, is merely a matter of only taking shots you can make."-Hunting from Home-Christopher Camuto

Offline Lund Tyee 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »
59 Bear Grizzly that was in better condition than I realized, AND I sold it to cheap.  

But the worse part is I pulled a tendon in my finger the short time I owned it and never even got a chance to shoot it!

Offline WarDancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »
Just about every Hill that I have ever sold and my Billy Rice bow.

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 09:28:00 PM »
NO regrets...I've only borrowed one and owned two bows the last 27 years.  I still use the 2nd one I've owned.
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©