3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Regrets  (Read 1999 times)

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Regrets
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Yes, my first custom bow, a Chameleon Shrew Classic Hunter.  Beautiful bow!  But I didn't really know what I was doing when I ordered it and it was a little too heavy.  So I sold it instead of "growing" into it and have regretted it ever since.  When I was packaging it up to ship it I felt like I was burying my dog!!!  But, the story has a good ending because I just ordered another Classic Hunter.  Can't wait!
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
nope...but I do regret buying 2
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online twigflicker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
Yep... first bow I had built for me...

Elburg Jaguar Express 63# @ 27"; 60" and tillered for 3 under... Red Elm on the back, walnut on the belly and bubinga riser...

Wish I could get her back, just for sentimental reasons...

Jonathan
TGMM - Family of the Bow
PBS Associate

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 01:50:00 PM »
My first real hunting recurve was a one piece 60", 40# @ 28" Bear Super Kodiak.

I sold it because it gave me a nasty case of finger pinch when I was doing informal target shooting since I grew into a 30" draw length. Some of my shooting sessions were 1.5-2 hours long.

But, I must say, that bow was a "looker". I sold it and still regret it to this day.    :banghead:  I should have kept it for a wallhanger.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
A Kanati that I bought from jwingman. Jason said that my replacement should be in the mail today!
Chuck

Offline hayslope

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »
I just mentioned this on a thread over on the Trad History/Collecting forum:

I had my 1962 Bear Kodiak for 18 years.  My one and only bow.  In a moment of sheer stupidity I sold it to a friend in 1982 who "thought it looked nice".  As I recall, I sold it for less than it would have cost to feed 4 people at a BBQ joint.  Old recurves weren't in much demand back then.

I've shot other 62 Kodiaks since then that shot just as well (or better), but to this day, I have not seen another that had such highly figured Brazilian Rosewood...on both sides!

Sheer Stupidity is putting it mildly.  I'd pay dearly to get that bow back....especially in the same condition it was in when I sold it.

Maybe one day it will show up and I can redeem myself.

Anyone seen a wickedly figured 55# 62 Kodiak for sale in Texas?  I can't remember the serial number, but I would recognize the bow in the blink of an eye!
TGMM Family of the Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

“Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be eaten." - Cree Indian Prophesy

Online CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Oh yeah...my first custom bow I ever owned. Like a    :knothead:   I sold my Brackenkury Drifter 62"65#@29"

I can't believe I did that!!   :knothead:    :deadhorse:

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »
I've never regretted getting rid of any....but there's been quite a few that I've regretted buying!!  

Who would have thought something so pretty would have been such a peice of garbage!?

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
I hear ya. Vanilla
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Online dnovo

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
Years ago I sold a Fred Anderson Skookum. It took a few years but I think about that bow a lot now and really wish I had it back. I've bought a lot of bows and sold some but that one is my only regret.
PBS regular
UBM life member
Compton

Offline IronJohn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Yep, sold my Brazilian Rosewood Fedora 560 TD with 2 sets of limbs. Now I can't afford to buy a bow let alone a Fedora but I do have 2 great little boys and  a wonderful Wife   :)      IJ
Fedora Bows, Easton Arrows, BigJim Quivers & Bear Razorheads!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Yes, I had a 58# Bamboo Longhunter that I traded on a heavier poundage Bamboo Longhunter. Now that the heavy weight bows are a bit much for me, I wish I had just bought the second Longhunter outright without doing the trade in.

Anyone got a 58# Bamboo Longhunter you want to sell?
Sam

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
Bought a lefty Zebrawood MOAB off the classifieds here.....48#@ my 28" draw. Killed a nice doe with it the second day I owned it. For some unknown reason I decided it was too light and sold it a few months later.    :knothead:   If anyone reading this has it, I WILL buy it back!   ;)
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 11:14:00 PM »
Yes. Every one I sold. I had to drop down in weight and a good friend wanted them. Getting old sucks.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 11:28:00 PM »
Yes. Every one I sold
YEP!   :rolleyes:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
I'd also like to find out "who" has this bow now. I've regretted selling it every since it left my rack.

Anyone know ???

Winterhawk1960

What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline billy shipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
A Steve Hartley Voodoo Kustom Elk antler bow.

I miss it so much, can't locate it, so Steve is going to build me another one day.

Offline Troy spear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2012, 11:58:00 PM »
Every Bear I have ever sold.. Most of all my 59..

Offline Eric Sprick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2012, 12:05:00 AM »
Had a '66 Grizzly...beautiful shooting bow. Dumb move.

Eric

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »
I don't regret selling any of'em. When I got my silvertip I knew that one wasn't going anywhere. Anyway if I sold it I wouldn't have a bow....so that ain't gonna happen. When I get my next silvertip, it ain't goin anywheres either :0)

Jason

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©