3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: broken wrist  (Read 720 times)

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
broken wrist
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
first off i am sorry for my typing without any capitalizations...i am typing with one hand...the left one.
   i know there are folks in a lot worse off way than me. i guess it is just the way it happened.  
   this past summer i was fortunate to be able to spend a few days with some tradgangers and rod jenkins for a shooting clinic.  what rod installed in me has made a huge difference in my accurarcy. this next month is the state tournament that i have been working toward. each day since the summer i go out back and practice trying to make rod's words part of my shot sequence...it's been working.
next month is the tournament. i have been feeling confident. i even have been trying to find ways of adding distactions to my practice sessions...i'm staying focused!
   well that plan fell apart as of fri.  i broke my right wrist and tore ligaments. the dr. says it's 10 weeks in a cast and then rehab....the only thing i can think of as to why this happened is that i need to spend less time with archery and more time in other areas of my life. i believe there is always a lesson to be learned from everything that happens to us in life. it is up to us to listen or choose not to.
   i just want to thank all the people on here that have taught, encouraged, and discussed ideas, whether disagreeing or agreeing, that have enriched my archery experience through this site.
   i have some committments to some of you in making arrows and mailing you some archery items. i will be fulfilling this promises as soon as i can crest a straight line. the other items are going in the mail this week. i have sent messages to everyone as well...just making it public too.
   God's peace to you all.  seak, cherish and care for what He has given you.   :wavey:
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline huntindad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: broken wrist
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:00 AM »
Man that SUCKS! It would have taken me an hour to post that message with just my left hand.Hope things look up and don't worry about straight cresting everybody loves spiral Flu-Flus. Get Well! Bill
The days spent hunting cannot be deducted from  the span of your life's time.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »
Thats to bad,but life goes on. Just take your time ,do the rehab and you'll be at least ready for hunting season.Take care and keep us posted on your progress.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline WildmanSC

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Snag,

I hate to hear that. It seems your signature line, "...all things work together for good to them that love God...", has born fruit in your life in a very unexpected and painful manner.  I hope you are able to fully and quickly recover.

Bill
TGMM Family of the Bow

-----------------------------------
Groves Flame Recurve 62", 45#@28"

Praise the Lord Jesus Christ, He is Worthy

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
snag, sorry to hear u wont be making that tournament, feel your pain as a work injury has left me unable to hold a bow for some time and i am going to miss our entire late bow season, and the joan leanord bunny hunt i was hoping to attend this year.  like u said it was a message and i am choosing to listen. Here is to wishing u a speedy and healthy recovery    :thumbsup:   best wishes on the road back!
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Online kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »
I like your attitude.  Archery is a great sport, and a big part of all of our lives, but as you said, maybe it is good to spend more time in other parts of our lives too.  
This is going to be a new challenge to overcome, which will make your comeback all the sweeter.
Ken Thornhill

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
With your attitude the healing curve will be shortened I'm sure.  Why not go to the tournament, even if you can't shoot.  It's amazing all the things that go on at those things, and maybe you can help someone who is struggling with their shooting.  Take care.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
Snag-that's a bummer! You'll be making bows and arrows before you know it!

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
It's really just a small bump in the road.  I tore my elbow tendon this year and it cost me months of prime 3-d shooting but I came back stronger than ever.  You will too.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Oh man, that's no good. Just do as they advise. Don't cut your cast off early, none of that stuff. It doesn't pan out, trust me. Good luck friend.
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 12:13:00 PM »
Get better soon man. Listen to the docs and do the phys theropy the best you can. You will be back in the ten ring in no time. The bright side is that you have found a lesson to be learned. There is a lot to be said for a man that can make good of something when he is down.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
Snag,I am sorry for that but I am sure you are a determinated and strong man and you will be able to overcome this issue.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
Well, since my hand is healing pretty well and I miss all this archery stuff....I just had to come back and see what is going on around here.
This type of injury has made me more thankful for the blessings I have. This site is one I am thankful for.

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
Myself, I would get a molded cast to "fit the riser of my Bow" and get a new one when it wore out!
Hope your wrist heals stronger than ever. Keep the faith! Ten weeks will go quick.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Snag, sorry about the wing, but you do indeed as others stated have the right attitude. Most of the time us humans have our priorities out of "wack", and then something happens to bring us back. Work on those other things and read John 16:33 for encouragement.

Good luck,
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about the wrist.
The bones will heal and life will go on IF you give it time.

Maybe you can have the doc put a release in the cast and you can enter the handcap shoot.LOL

As you said things happen for a reason and it looks like you have a great outlook on that.

Take care of it and DO NOT over do it when the cast comes off.

Heal fast,
Tim
DEATHMASTER

Offline freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 06:27:00 PM »
At least you didn't break it in the beginning of september...
Being layed up sucks, hope everthings in working order by the time the weathers nice again.

Offline JMartin

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
Well rats....I hope you heal quickly. Hang in there Snag!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
Hey, I like the release in the cast idea Tim! At least I could shoot...but it just wouldn't be the same.

Thanks for the John verse Jmgcurve. I will check it out tonight.

Online Tater

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 06:45:00 PM »
Snag,
      Sorry to hear about your injury. Sometimes we need to refocus and take time to evaluate things in our life and all is for a reason.
     Follow the doctors and PT's advise and you will be back in time for that Elk hunt!

Take care, Pat
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©