3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: broken wrist  (Read 719 times)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: broken wrist
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:51:00 PM »
I know what you are going through kinda. pulled my index finger and the one next to it before christmas.

So if it makes you feel any better I am laid up too right now....two peas in a pod.

I am an electrician and an electrical instructor and I was cleaning up. THere are steel reels of wire and the three wire in 300 ft rolls are pretty heavy.

Anyway I usually just put my two fingers mentioned above in the hole and lift them onto the shelf. Well all was going great until I caught the shelf going up and I tried to stop it from falling down (wrong move).

Firstly they are pretty heavy and if i would have had the other hand free it would have been easier, but it had one too.

Well by trying to stop it....it stretched my fingers like I have never had them stretched before EVER and I heard something POP in my elbow.

See the doc and he said he can xray cause it won't show anything...just rest it and maybe physio,

Well it's been a solid month now and I can't get my arm and elbow up where it would even be in shooting form little lone pull anything with those fingers.

So this week I go back to see if I can get the physio started..

Crap new bow coming...end of Bison season a nd bears coming in the spring.

So get well...keep your chin up. Get good nutrition in your system to help the healing.

Sometimes I think if i would have broken something it would have been better...BUT TENDONS and MUSCLE and JOINTS heal slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly.

Jer Bear

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »
snag, if it is any consolation to you look at it this way bud..... At least it was after hunting season ! I broke my leg in May and remember as I was falling, " Am I going to be able to hunt come Sept ? " I was and I too learned some lessons during the down time on what really is important in life.

Praying for a fast complete recovery for you bud ! I am sure you will be back soon better than ever.

nocams  :pray:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
You have no idea how relieved I am to see you capitalizing again. Ahhhhhh!

Having broken both wrists in my younger days, I sympathize. Carry on, snagster, you are dealing with this in the finest tradition.

Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline tradsniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
I sort of know what your going trough. I fractured my wrist a couple days ago and I cant shoot my recurve for three weeks. I hope the next 10 weeks go by really fast for you and the physical therapy goes well
Fred Bear Grizzly 56" AMO 45@28
Fred Bear Montana 64" AMO 55@28

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 10:21:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words. I know this isn't a life threatening situation...just a bump in the road. But boy, you sure learn quickly how precious things are when they are taken away. Glad to have this place to at least smile, laugh, discuss and share this stuff with you guys as I go through it. Thanks, David    (Killie, caps! Hey! haha)
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 07:03:00 AM »
Some time last September, I fell down at work and “sprained” my left wrist. Being a bit naive, I didn’t know that was possible. I couldn’t do anything with it let alone shoot my 57# longbow. When I could finally lift my bow and hold it, I bought a 45# SK from a member of this forum. After I received the bow I went out into the back yard to take a few practice shots. Well I couldn’t hit anything and while I was standing there feeling sorry for myself, two does walked up and stood a short distance away mocking me. I missed all of the first archery season. Well, you know what good came out of this? Even though I have worked my way back up to the heavier poundage, I love shooting a 45# bow and I keep going back to it. I shoot every day and it has become even more enjoyable to me. Good luck with your recovery!

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
May you be blessed with a full recovery.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:00 AM »
Your faith and positive attitude will serve you well as you recover. I'll be praying for your complete recovery.
Molon labe

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »
David,

Didn't see this the first time thru.  Heal quickly and correctly!  There will be plenty of tournements...don't rush things and mess yourself up for hunting.

Offline illianabowhntr67

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Hang in there man.You'll be shooting in no time.Sometimes a little time off aint a bad thing.

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
I've been through it twice right at bow season. It sucks good luck time to do some scouting.

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 12:00:00 PM »
I sure appreciate all the support and well wishes. Means a lot. Thanks, David
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
I've had my wrist rebuilt twice. Last time, taking bone from my hip and making new wrist bones. rehab was a pain but necessary.  Take your time, build back up to your draw weight, and don't rush it. You'll be back on the firing line before you know it.

Offline Doug in MN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 12:07:00 PM »
Snag, so sorry for you injury I am sure you will be healed and shooting soon.

DD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©