3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New and looking for archers  (Read 999 times)

Offline bow_sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
New and looking for archers
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:54:00 AM »
I am being stationed at Quantico, Va. in July and am wondering about 3D shoots and organizations to to be apart of. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
You get what you get when you do what you do.....

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New and looking for archers
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
Check out the trad events forum on here. Also post your question there. I'm sure the good folks down thata way will help you out.

Thank you for serving for our freedom. I'm a former Squid. USS Wainwright CG28 November 1981 to August 1985.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Dale....looking at your pen name and at your title kinda scares me.....   Whatcha gonna do when you find one ?

Welcome aboard.
ChuckC

Offline ZaneD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
that pretty funny chuck. it would be a little drive for you put i go to most of these shoots, and there is a trad. rendesvous coming up, goin to be lots of fun.
  Dixie bowmen archery club

Offline bow_sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »
Thank you 4runr, I will post there as well. I didn't really think about that. And ChuckC, don't mean to scare ya, just looking for someone to help out so I can start as soon as I get settled back there. I really love shooting can't wait to get back there. Also, I will be posting some pics from the TBC Shoot at Chamberlain Ranch. I went with my dad 'desertdude' and had a great time. Thanks again!

Offline bow_sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
I was typing a reply to the first 2 and then saw yours atlatlzoom. Thanks. I looked at that site and looks promising. I am gonna look into them when I get out there. Thanks again!

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Bow Sniper here is the link to the VBA (Virginia Bowhunters) the web site could use a little help but you can find the infromation on all the archery clubs that are located in Northern Virginia. Norva & Belvoir Bowhunters would be closest.
   http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/

of course we would be glad to have you join us down at Dixie if you feel like coming down. this is the link to Dixie's site:
   http://www.dixiebowmen.org/
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »
bow_sniper, there's Belvoir Bowhunters just north of you at Fort Belvoir.  Mostly wheelie guys, but a few of us trad folks.  Nice indoor and outdoor ranges, plus good whitetail hunting on post.

There's also this club:   http://northernvirginiaarchers.org/   They also have a nice outdoor course.  Get in touch with Killdeer, one of my favorite TradGangers.  She's a NorVa member.  Wish I could make the intros for you, but I'll be leaving here about the time you arrive.  Enjoy this place and be sure to go to the Baltimore Shoot!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline bow_sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Thank you paleface and knife river! I have taken a look at these sites and cannot wait to get back there and check them out in person. I am however going to email them and find out the most info I can before I get there. Then again, showing up and finding out what the clubs are all about in person could be the best part. Sorry to hear you are leaving knife river, hope you have fun wherever you may be going. Well thank you two for the info and I am sure I will talk to you soon.

Offline Dan Plue

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:42:00 AM »
Bow_sniper welcome to our site.  First I want to thank you for serving.  Semper Fi (1977-1981).  Good luck in Va.  
Dan
Would you do me a favor?  Go stand under that tree and put this apple on your head.  Com'on just once.

Elvis was only an entertainer, Jesus is the real King.

Herters 52" 47#        U.S.M.C.
Bear Super Magnum 48" 60#
Bear Montana 64" 50#   Semper Fi

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
Dale,
 Welcome to Va. and thanks for your service. There will be a all trad shoot at Dixie Bowman in May ( I believe) then Baltimore (big shoot), a trad shoot in Roanoke9if you don't mind a drive) and of course ATAR in WVA. Lots of area to roam and stump or hunt.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »
Yes, you MUST go to the Baltimore shoot in May.  :readit:  

I have Sundays off, and would be pleased to show you the NORVA facilities. They are having a shoot on April 28 and 29, and another on May 6. There is good hunting on Quantico, according to fellow TG member ApplePie.

Killdeer  :wavey:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 06:29:00 AM »
Oh, we're looking at July...
There is a NORVA shoot on the 29th. ATAR is the 13th through the 15th.

I will still have Sundays off.  :rolleyes:  
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Dale, welcome, I just started on this site myself. It don't get any better.  This site is like going to archery school and I have been shooting for 50 years. There are some unbelievable master equipment builders here. Be in your area this summer.  Got to see the marine  museum in Quantico.  Semper Fi (68 to 69 )
Jon

Offline elk ninja

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
Dale,
welcome to the site Marine.  I don't have any helpful info for you out there, just wanted to say Semper Fi (97-02)
Mike
>>>--Semper-Fi--->

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline MAC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
1969-1972   Quantico 70-71
Welcome Aboard!
>>>>----Semper Fi---->

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
Semper Fi Brother!!!!! 2nd RECON Bn. 2nd Mar.Div. 78-84

I'm sure "Old Leatherneck Bernie" will be along shortly.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline R.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
Sherwood archers is located in Roanoke Va.  We are a couple of hours south of you and are located in some of the prettiest country you could imagine.  We have a 3-D shoot once a month and are having a large traditional only shoot in June, the Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous or S.T.A.R. shoot.  Looking like we will have a couple of hundred shooters there.  We have a large contingent of traditional archers at Sherwood who are a good bunch of guys just looking to have a bunch of fun and not take ourselves too seriously.  We recently started a traditional archery organization in the area, the Roanoke Valley Traditional Bowmen with over 30 members and growing. Once you get here send me an e-mail and if you want to come down we can give you plenty of shooting and show you a good time.

My youngest son is heading to Paris Island in August.

Offline bow_sniper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Unbelievably nice people on here! Thank you and I am looking forward to meeting some of you that will be there when I finally get there. Killdeer, I appreciate the offer and will definately need to know where some things are. And again, thank you to all that wrote back, and especially the ones that just wanted to say 'semper fi'. Well, I will post some more shortly.........ty

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
Wow!!!  I'm one PROUD Dad.  Son,  I'm glad the tourch is passed on.   Thank you to all who will keep it glowing.........DesertDude (aka) Dad of Bow-Sniper
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©