3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Iowa Bunny hunt-Mr.Vic and GreyWolf63(UPDATE)  (Read 417 times)

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
Iowa Bunny hunt-Mr.Vic and GreyWolf63(UPDATE)
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
Sorry to start a new thread.  I could not find the old one on this hunt and it is getting close.

Is it set for the 1st weekend in Feb.?
Where are we meeting?
Who all is in?
Are we going to bring some food and tailgate?  Cook up our bunnies on the BBQ?
Whitetail season is over and I am excited to get ready for the bunnies.  Got my shafts in, need to build some arrows.  I can't wait!
Katie
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Iowa Bunny hunt-Mr.Vic and GreyWolf63(UPDATE)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
Posted an update on the old thread about our scouting trip, South side of Sugema in Van Buren county looks terrible for small game. Very sad, there is hundreds of acres of weed fields and hardly any brush or sign of rabbits. There is a very brushy place we did check out and looks good.We will scout it out more next week. Plan is for the first weekend of Febuary Saturday the 6th. Since no one has any other ideas. Greywolf and i will make deer chili and supply bowls spoons etc. Pot luck the rest?? any ideas?  So far looks like it will be a tail gate in a parking lot kind of thing. Greywolf and i will be scouting more.
“I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.”
― Aldo Leopold

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Keep my posted as I will be in texas the last week of Jan. Hopefully I can bring some javie stew.

doug77

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
Sounds awesome even if we don't find a lot of bunnies!
Thanks for setting all this up Vic and GreyWolf.  Can't wait to finaly meet you guys.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »
Dang! I'm off to the UBM gathering that weekend and then on down to TX for a couple weeks. Have fun Iowegians! I'll look for the tread when I get back.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »
Are there any good looking farm groves in the area?  Up in the NW end, they are full of snow, but the larger ones have rabbits by the dozens.  Quite often the the same farmer that would turn you away for deer or pheasants will let you on to shoot rabbits with a bow.

Offline Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »
I'm in.  I am leaving in the morning for Texas, to hunt with Curtis, but will be back next weekend.  Mr. Vic, I hunted down there last year and took one bunny to the west of the road where you turn to go to the big culvert, right there south of tug fork and one bunny in the ditch just to the east of the parking area by the culvert.  They cleared alot of the brush where we hunted a couple years ago and made a lot of brush piles.  We did kick up a few more, but they are tough shooting around the brush piles.  I haven't been down there this year and don't even know what has changed though, since last year.  There used to be a lot of tracks around the cedars by the west holding pond (the one with the boat ramp) at tug fork, though I never killed any there.  Seen more tracks than rabbits, but I have just a couple there.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
Deer hunting with gun this weekend to finish filling freezer. Lefty i was wondering about that area. And West of the boat ramp at tug fork north and west of the DNR building. Monday or Tuesday will go down and check it out more. Around that area. And i hope wednesday to give an update and map to the area with some pictures. Good luck guys going to Texas and hunting. Yeap, Katie it will be nice for Greywolf and i to finally meet up with you and yours. Shaun i'll take a rain check on meeting up with you again.
― Aldo Leopold

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 03:57:00 PM »
Mr.Vic I will be putting some shafts in the mail to your lovely bride on Monday.  Keep an eye out.  I plan to make up a few bunny arrows today.  I think they should work for GreyWolf as well.  Will let you know how they come out.
What lake are you boys talking about?  Want to map it.

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »
Thanks Katie. She has been working long hours and hunting hard and said she needs to email you for a visit. Today she shot her very first deer with a gun, and is worn out from dragging skinning and cutting. Were talking about Lake Sugema in Van Buren county. There is Public hunting all around it for a few miles. Again thanks for the shafts, now i need get off my butt and order feathers and nocks for her.
― Aldo Leopold

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 01:08:00 PM »
Good for GreyWolf!
I will look up the lake, thanks!
I need to get arrow building myself.  Went out for squirrels yesterday and lost 1, broke 3 arrows.  Had a great time and an even better dinner!

Offline Altiman94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »
I'm up in the north east corner of Iowa.  I wish I was able to make it down for the bunny hunt.  I've yet to hunt them with my bow.
>>>--------->

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 06:52:00 PM »
hey bro that is way cool that she got her very first deer with a gun.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Mr.Vic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 05:00:00 PM »
Three days have passed and i ain't been able to get down and check out the area more. Between running people(family) to doctors and now this big Ice Storm. Been tied up.
― Aldo Leopold

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
Yeah!  Just spent and hour scraping ice off my parents driveway!  Not fun to scout bunnies in this stuff.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:00 AM »
Is this still on

doug77

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Oh yeah!  Saturday!  Talked to Vic and Greywolf last might.  My husband and I will be there.  Not sure on anyone else.  Hope that you come Doug77.

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Altiman94:
I'm up in the north east corner of Iowa.  I wish I was able to make it down for the bunny hunt.  I've yet to hunt them with my bow.
Lets do one up North as well!

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
katie I need a time and location.

doug77

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Ok, maybe not!  Just got word that Greywolf63 broke her leg bones hunting and will be in surgery this week.  Thinking the hunt will have to be put off!  Mr.Vic will need to be with his bride!  I am sure they wouldn't mind if we all sent a prayer up for them!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©