3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are you a pocket person? Or not.  (Read 841 times)

Offline LongBow'erman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are you a pocket person? Or not.
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Cargo pockets for me. I put my wallet, dip and striking paper in them. During turkey season they will carry calls, gloves, face mask and the other stuff.

Offline Rick P

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
One of the reasons I like to make/modify my own gear is to add pockets. Instead of just a single large area I add a zip down pocket with several smaller pockets, looks kinda like a cloth first aid bag when open. By having a place for everything you can store small gear more conveniently with less shifting and noise. I also move the pockets a bit higher to prevent them from interfering with knee movement. Fit should be loose but not baggy. Clothing thats to loose snags on brush and rocks to easily.
Just this Alaskan's opinion

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
Do trim pants that go where your legs go make you look fat,I am really self conscious about my weight when hunting...LOL   :biglaugh:
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Mike Gibbs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
I like jeans. If it's cold, I wear fleece pullover pants over the jeans. All my hunting stuff goes in one shoulder bag. That way, I don't have to search the house looking for gear before I go hunting. It's all in one place.

Offline fixer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 06:44:00 PM »
I would rather carry a small pack or fanny pack, when I'm looking for something I would rather remove the pack and look ,not trying to remember which pocket on which leg I put what I now want. I know I should have a longer memory LOL. Also I don't like things banging on my legs as I walk.  ;)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
Yep, I'm another pocket guy.  A pocket for everything, and everything in its pocket.  Well, at least the things that I use on every hunt.  Shooting tab, bracer, gloves, hat, face mask, arrow holder toothpick, maybe a grunt call.  Each has its own specific place and always goes into the same pocket so I know where it is.  Everything else stays in my pack.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline greg fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 08:19:00 PM »
Nothing goes in my pockets except Kleenex and gum.  Anything i ever put in my pocket while hunting is now laying along some trail or heavy brush after it fell out because I did not put it in the pocket properly, or was yanked out by a branch or thorns.  

Fanny pack for anything not being worn while actively hunting at that moment..

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
Very similar to Guru's system, except I am righty.  I don't carry a knife or similar in the pockets,they bang and get lost, I wear a small belt knife,  All my soft gear,  gloves, tab, face mask, used strips of orange tape (to be re-used) etc go in the cargo pockets.  Compass is ALWAYS in my left waist pocket, lighter and sometimes other stuff in right side. When I go up a tree I have a clipper in one side and folding saw in the other and I know where everything is.

I have a fanny pack as well, but I can get to this stuff right now without taking the pack off !

ChuckC

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
BUD's =lots of pockets.  Thats all I wear for that reason.

Offline scottm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
There is no way I could have too many pockets!

Offline sj_lutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »
I use old BDU pants for hunting, so kinda by default, I've got cargo pockets.  I don't use them much at all, every now and then throw a glove or a hat in one is about it.

Offline don kauss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 08:28:00 PM »
have I got some pants for you...order yourself a pair of fleece camo pants from the Company "Nimrod"...I use their binocular harness system, and love it so much that I thought they must make a great pair of pants too...well, after paying $70 or so, they arrived...I couldn't believe it...they not only had no pockets, there wasn't even a ZIPPER...and belt loops? what kind of crazy hunter wants BELT LOOPS on their pants??!? I was late for an Elk hunt, so I wore them anyway, and I have never been so disgusted in a piece of clothing...I am in the process of scavenging from an old pair of GI BDU's, and adding pockets, zipper, belt loops, and more pockets...too bad I already started, I would have made you a deal you couldn't refuse...
Your Chicken from McDonald's, Tyson Foods, or Perdue Farms spent most of it's life stuffed in a cage with three or four others, occupying a space about the size of a book page...None for me, thanks...

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Pocket because I don't carry no purse

Online varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 09:00:00 PM »
I LOVE pockets!!  The more the better and big too.  I don't carry a backpack most times.  You probably won't catch me hunting without cargo pants.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline hawkeye n pa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2010, 09:10:00 PM »
I'd just as soon have the pockets and leave the pack at home.  Besides this trad thing isn't suppose to take as much gear?
Jeff
>>>>---------->
Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
If you be short legged like me, baggy britches legs are nothing but trouble when trying to cross barbed wire fences. My hunting area has lots of fenced pastures and I'm always ripping my cargo pants on the fence. So, rarely do I wear baggy. Also, trying to get through patches of catclaw brush is bad enough without more material to get grabbed hold of.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
I like pockets, but I try not to overload pants pockets. I always wear my hunting vest, and that's where I put most things. Some times I use a small back pack, too. I like slightly baggy hunting pants. Tight pants are just not comfortable to me, and I can't stand jeans. Yeah, I know that last satement is downright un-American to many. However, I don't want things too baggy, though - more the relaxed fit. Since I seldom hunt far from home, I just don't need to carry a whole lot of stuff, so there is no need to overload myself. Besides, I use far fewer scents, and calls and other "tricks" that seem to fill pockets.
Sam

Offline frankwright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2010, 09:49:00 PM »
I love them and can't ever see being without them.

They are actually the main reason I wear camo, because that's the color cargo/BDU pants come in.

I don't stuff mine full but they hold important stuff for me.

Offline Magnum in Ms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2010, 11:08:00 PM »
Pockets for me
Every one is ignorant its just on different subjects

Offline Earthdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:00 PM »
My hunting jacket has heaps of pockets,but my pants have none.
I carry a few things I might need if I spend an unplanned night out in a small day pack and my emergencey kit and knife on my belt.
Never really thought about it that much,but I could carry a few days worth of stuff in just my jacket I guess.
Winning or losing is not the important thing,,the important thing is how well you played the game.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©