3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SBD bow strings...D-10 BCY testing  (Read 478 times)

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
SBD bow strings...D-10 BCY testing
« on: January 21, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
Don't know how it is all going to compare just yet but I need to  thank   Bob Morrison  for giving us a heads up on the NEW D-10 material from BCY.

We are currently building some strings for Bob and us to test as I type. The big, big, big, advantage here, after just getting off the phone with Ray from BCY over D-97 is creep. This stuff does not move. It is made with 100% "SK78" Dyneema. I will be receiving some preliminary test results from them on how it preformed in tests against D-97 and some other similiar materials.

We are especially interested in this material for our new SBD "Ultra" HP 6strand strings for bows of less than 53#s

If it is better that D-97 I'm sure we will have a winner. As always we are trying to learn and improve upon what we do everyday.

Thanks and God Bless, Pierre and Jean-Pierre
>>>--TGMM Family of the Bow---->

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: SBD bow strings...D-10 BCY testing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 11:48:00 AM »
Very interesting.  I wonder how it compares to the "Ultra Cam" I've been hearing so much about lately.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 11:59:00 AM »
Tim,  

Don't really know but to improve upon D-97 and make it 20% stronger than SK75 (D-97), better abrasion resistance and have less creep is a home run in my book.  

We will see...very interesting indeed.

God Bless,   Pierre.

"if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much space..." God Knows!
>>>----->  SBD...Bow Strings ..."not just another bow string"   www.sbdbowstrings.com

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »
Looks interesting,how is the diameter per strand compared to D97?

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »
I wonder if they have an SK90 string material in the works. SK78 has been around for about 10 years or so and they developed SK90 to improve on it like they did SK78 for SK75. The stuff is used for rigging on sailboats/yachts.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
This is driving me nuts!   :banghead:    Strings are getting better way faster than I can wear them out.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline kybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »
Thats ok fletcher,
                  just send me all your old ones you don't want anymore.   :goldtooth:

Offline FlintRiverKen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
Are the SBD Ultra 6str made with D-10 now or still D-97.

thanks, Ken

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »
Ken,
We are still going through some testing at this point and we want to make sure it does what it is supposed to.  Still using D-97.

John,
Same diameter as D-97.

I'll keep you posted if and when we start to use the D-10 material.  

Right now it is showing some promise.  

God Bless,   Pierre

Offline Mark in SC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Let us know when and if you switch to D-10.  I love the 6 strand you made me, and no creep would be great! You weren't kidding about the Silent in SBD!
What, me worry?

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey Mark,

All SBD High Performance strings are now being built with the "New" BCY D-10 material (100% SK78 Dyneema) which is quieter, has less creep and is 20% stronger than SK75(DynaFLIGHT 97)...

We have done quite a bit of testing prior to changing over all of our material to the new D-10.

We along with several individual testers, A&H Archery, and Morrison Archery  have found the D-10 to most importantly be quieter, have a lot less creep,  and maintain the performance of D-97 and in some cases exceed the performance of D-97.

We are now convinced that it is the material to build high performance strings with.

We are continually striving to improve our product for our customers.

Thanks and God Bless, Pierre and Jean-Pierre

Offline Chris O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:29:00 PM »
Hey Pierre, I got my strings last week and wow are they quiet! This D 10 material is great! Its almost like shooting a different bow and I haven't even spent time to properly tune them yet.
              Thanks again!

Offline bshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »
I have 6 SBD'S already....can I sign up as a product tester Pierre???? I'm sure they will be another awesome product from SBD!

Offline Pierre Lucas

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »
Chris,

We try.  Thanks man, that's our goal.  Quieter and no creep.  Increased performance...gravy...    Homerun in my book.

Brian,

PM sent.  We try to avoid W.VA testers.   :jumper:   Just a joke...Got relatives in W.VA.  Hate to admit.

God Bless,   Pierre and Jean-Pierre

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©