3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: David Miller vs. Howard Hill  (Read 390 times)

Offline archeryelk*

• Trad Bowhunter
David Miller vs. Howard Hill
« on: January 21, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »
How do these bows compare to each other? Demensions of the bows and how do they shoot, hand shock etc...

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: David Miller vs. Howard Hill
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
they tend  to shoot pretty much the same if they are built the same  ie set back / straight or strring follow ...
I have 7 Hill bows made by Craig which are all set back and approx 68" in length . i have a couple shorter but mainly shoot my set back longbows at 68" for my 26 1/2 draw length .
my miller " o'l Tom " is a string follow that is 66" in length and a beautifully made sweet shooting bow . My Hills seem a little more robust as io tend to order them with limb tips [ not an option with the Miller ] .
my next order will be another of Craig's but using his string follow form ... we'll wait and see !!!
you can't go wrong with either bowyer .. both great blokes who will bend over backwards to make you happy .
As for " handshock " ... yes they have more 'bump' than other bows but they are pretty much all i shoot these days as afield they are still the best stick and string meat maker i know of . but that's just me , you'll have fun deciding for yourself .
any queries let me know / pm me
Ben
Hill "half breed "

Miller Ol' Tom

Jim Belcher string follow " Union Jack "

" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline swampthing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: David Miller vs. Howard Hill
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 08:09:00 PM »
I like my Old Tom better. String follow and Brown. I am very happy with it.
 Something I can use to give an analogy of it is: The Old Tom is like a race car, not an unnecessary gram on it. Very direct hunting tool.
You can't go "wrong" with either one, but I feel the Old Tom is superior.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©