3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Total desperation checking in! Getting near now - Problem solving slowly (pg.3)  (Read 562 times)

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow problems, i can tell you!
This is my sixth arrow question in two weeks!

so, here we go again:

Got 2 bows:
BearTDHunterI RC 54# @29,5 (50@28);  1/16cc; B50;
Bob Lee Signature TD LB 56#@29,5 (50@28); 1/16cc; Fastflight;
(somehow i made a mistake measuring draw and pounds last time    :knothead:  )

Big Goal: shooting same arrow out of both;

Arrow stats fixed: CX Heritage 350; 31,25"BOP; 125gr.point; 4" 3fletch;

I am screwing with insert weight and bow tuning;
Ohh, and beforehand, i am not bad but do not have the best form or groups;

The arrow shows week out of the LB (Nocks of bareshafts left,bareshafts drift during flight with point to the right; feathered-shafts slightly left of aim; grouping together good; paper tune-slightly left;) from 113 - 63 grain inserts.

The arrow shows Ok /very slightly stiff out of RC (nocks slightly right; feathered ones perfect; grouping good; paper tune minimal right) with 80-113 insert;

I build out the side plate of the LB up to 4/16 (!) till the arrow nearly fell off the shelf with the arrow still showing weak;

I installed a second pair of Beaver Ball Silencers to weaken the Bow more with no effect at all.

According to Stu Millers calc a 100-110 insert with 1/8 build out side plate at the LB should be fine.

What can i do now? Why is the arrow even with 1/4 strike plate weak? Please help, at the moment the playing around is no fun anymore, i am tuning since two weeks now and dont see an end.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!    :pray:
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Well shooting the same arrow out of both is possible but you have a bob lee that has more poundage and a fastflight string that will change the poundage quite a bit.

Some ppl LIKE ME have a heck of a time shooting bare shafts becasue of our releases.

So without real good form you might just have to settle for two different arrows....OR persist and have real patience.

Jer Bear

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
You may be getting a false weak by hitting the tail of the arrow on the riser.  Try treating it like a stiff.  Add some pt weight until it truly shows weak.

Now for getting both arrows to fly from two different bows by two manufactures.  Good Luck with that one.  LOL

Going to be tough.  Get it flying out of one.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok, lets say, Big Dream or Big TRy, at the moment id be happy with it flying out of the LB...
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
"Big Goal: shooting same arrow out of both"

Its worked for me and MANY other's that shoot Arrow Dynamics Trads. Just do a search and you will find out that this shaft shoots out of multiple set ups on a VERY regular basis.

I think I have a AD Trad that's 30 inches BOP....if you can shoot that length...I'll send it to ya.

I shoot my AD out of all my bows ranging from 58 to 70 pounds with what ever head I want from 150 to 225 grains out of all those bows as well.

Email me your address if that length will work. I'll also remeasure it to see if its not longer.  And if it wont, and you are that desperate....I'll GET you one at the length that will work.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Terry, thanks very kind of you! But ill have to dismiss youre offer, alone the shipping to Germany would be problem and then, i will have a hard time getting those shafts around here if it works. Oh, and 30 would be a bit short also for broadhead clearance.
Great gesture, but i still got a little hope to find a way with the CX
Thanks nevertheless

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nah...I'll get you a shaft....at your length  31.25 BOP - 4 inch 3 fletch....and if it works.....you can order them...We'll take up a collection to pay for the shipping.

Think I'm kidding?  Just hide and watch Trad Gang generosity.

Can't have a desperate Trad Gang hanging around...even if he is over the pond!!!

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
I will buy the shaft - who will pay for shipping

jer Bear

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
Sorry terry - you said you would buy the shaft let me know where your buying it and let them know the deal and I will pay the shipping ok

jer Bear

there DONE BABY

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
I think the CX 250 would tune better for you....but if you're going to use the 350s....you are probley going to have to load the front up with some weight and get the shelf back to center shot. 350s are some stiff arrows.

Like wingnut said, sounds like a false weak showing.

Mike

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
You are getting a first smile since my 4 hour tuning session on my face right now.

And i know Trad Gang generosity, but i think there are people who are more in need than me.
No, without kidding, i will try wingnuts idea fisrt and see if someone else has an idea how to fumble some more. If everything fails ill pm you in a few days and gladly will take youre offer, but only if everything else fails!

That showing weak thing makes some sense, but i dismissed that idea early because of the RC shooting them better. Tomorrow ill load up to 150 inserts.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Too late...I done called in the arrow while you were typing.

You can still try the other....but this one will be coming anyway in case the other don't work.

I need an address....

[email protected]

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad Gang is crazy place! And i mean that in the best sense ive ever meant anything!

Terry, pm sent.

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Run that point weight up a ways and then report back.  Try a 175 or more if you have them.  Then you will know for sure.  There is no way you could run that much out on the strike plate and not make some gains.  Over stiff would make it look even weaker I think with strike plate build out, but I am not sure.  I have to think on that one.  I never mess with strike plates to that extent.  

How are you varying your insert weight?  Are you using screw in weights?

Are your draw weights estimated or actual?

I just love carbon arrows.   :rolleyes:   Really I do, but some days.  :banghead:
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
PM sent

jer

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I would be willing to bet the 350's are too stiff, I shoot 250's out of my 60+ bows at 30.5", try 150's or the AD trads or Trad lites.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by xtrema312:
Run that point weight up a ways and then report back.  Try a 175 or more if you have them.  Then you will know for sure.  There is no way you could run that much out on the strike plate and not make some gains.  Over stiff would make it look even weaker I think with strike plate build out, but I am not sure.  I have to think on that one.  I never mess with strike plates to that extent.  

How are you varying your insert weight?  Are you using screw in weights?

Are your draw weights estimated or actual?

I just love carbon arrows.    :rolleyes:    Really I do, but some days.   :banghead:  
I use screw ins and regular CX inserts or Top Hat Alu 60 or 40 grain inserts. 100gr. inserts are not available in Germany neither are points over 145gr. We are a target archery dominated country and most people wnat there arrow as light as possible without breaking the bow   :rolleyes:

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
ok terry we need to send him some test tips and brass inserts too...I'm still in - lets make this fella happy

jer Bear

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Pile on everything you have.  If you can't get there do you have an uncut shaft?
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Glenn Hickey Jr.

• Trad Bowhunter
I feel your pain.  I was having the same problems and got tired of spending all my shooting time tuning arrows.  I PMed Terry and he did the same for me, sent me a fletched AD.  Today I shot a four different bows with the same arrows. ADs not only shoot great but solve FOC problems also, makes life so simple. Terry's a great guy!
Father, Glorify Thyself..
at my expense...
and send me the bill.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©