3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2010 tradganger elk hunt (update)  (Read 436 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2010 tradganger elk hunt (update)
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 09:32:00 PM »
we never used to have pelicans in pacific city.now you see them all the time.longbeach washington at the state park by bouy 10 has tons of them flying around crappin on everything...lol...its been raining hard here all afternoon so maybe with some luck things will work out for us.....i'm pretty much just getting you all prepared for the worse,i wont tell you all ..yeah'''yeah'''its great here then you come from all over the country to hunt in a very bad situation.i just wont do that to you guys.this also may be my huntin buddy carls last year to hunt.he's having triple bypass surgery at the end of sept and then hip replacement after that so i really doubt he'll ever hunt again.his wife will stop him.hes a good dude.ben,paul,tw met him this year.heart of gold.hope he makes it..........say a prayer for him sometime please. ty..............larry
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
They won't shut the national forest down, never have before. In 1988, it was extremely hot and dry, southwest Oregon was on fire, Yellowstone was on fire, they made everybody camp in established campgrounds, but the main roads were open. The roads were closed if they have grass growing in the center, but that's pretty much the case in most years when the fire index gets to Level 3. 1988 was a very good year of hunting for us! But I hunt just a little north of the Silvies.

Open campfires might be a no-no, no generators or chain saws allowed, smoking in vehicles only, that kind of stuff.

North Central Oregon is like a swamp at this time, water everywhere! It's going to green up nicely in a couple months. The deer and elk are going to come out of winter in great shape from what I've seen of the herds in my observations this winter. It all depends on what happens between March and August 1st. If it's a wet spring and early summer, the elk will be fat with awesome antler growth. If it remains dry they'll head for the hay fields and the hunting will be tough.

Mild, dry winters are sometimes a blessing in disguise.
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 12:25:00 PM »
lets hope tree killer....its not the next few months i'm worried about,thats called spring..green everywhere.its late august i'm worried about
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline j yenney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 12:39:00 PM »
I know the weather in Wyoming has changed drastically over the last 7 years or more. I can remember saying the same thing last year, and lone behold SNOW and lots of it in march and april and rain rain rain in may, june,and july.  It was a great year, but started out a little slow. Patience, everybody will have a great time anyways.
j yenney

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »
The best hunting will be to meet some of you guys!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Tree Killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »
It's always dry in August, that's why the private timberlands get shut down on the west side just about the time archery season opens.    :readit:  

The only problem will be if the immediate area has a forest fire. The USFS seems to close down large areas for "public safety", about 3 times as much as they used to.    :campfire:
"stickbows, putting the arch back in archery"

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 02:35:00 PM »
yup...thats whats got me worried about this..green butte just went through a big fire several years ago.they just opened it back up to vehicles last year.last year was a very mild year in burns.still had nice green grass in sept.i sure hope the weather pattern gives us normal rainfall.was pouring here yesterday now its almost like a late spring day....gotta watch the blossoms and see when they start coming up.

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 02:38:00 PM »
I really want to try the coast this year, so I hope we get some good rains on the west side in August    :pray:

Larry, I plan to spend at least 2 days hunting with the tradgangers this year. I will dedicate to being the caller for a couple guys during that time.

Paul
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©