3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: disappointing day in the woods....ripped off!  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: disappointing day in the woods....ripped off!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »
That just stinks. I lost a wall tent and a bull elk to thieves this past year. First time I have ever had anything taken while hunting on public land. I wish I could say it would be the last but my confidence is not high.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Igor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »
I'm amazed at the brazen way that some folks operated. I'm sure they are thinking well if you leave it out you can expect it to be stolen.
No morals no right or wrong ...just makes me sad to think of it. I swear we are going to hell in a hand basket with all this anti hero crap on TV and Movies.... its just not right!

sorry for your loss
><>
Glenn
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all your ways submit to him and he will direct your paths

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »
Man that sucks! I empathize with you!

For your own heart, try to let go and forgive...

As for the job, I am scheduled for a lay-off for the end of the month but hustled and found another starting the same day. I have a proven track record of beating much more talented and "certified" candidates in job openings (from Fire fighter to Code Enforcement Officer, sales consultant to my new job in a lab) and will be more than happy to offer my assistance in any way I can (resumes, cover letters, etc.) if you think it might help. I've had some incredible coaching...
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline NorthernCaliforniaHunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »
Oh, just PM me...

GOOD LUCK!
   :thumbsup:
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, it's melancholy, and its charm." Theodore Roosevelt

Find me at ShareTheBounty

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Try and keep your head up buddy, they'll have their day !!!!

Offline Troy spear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
Thats suck's some people are shameless !!

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »
Mike, really sorry to hear about your stands and about the job.  You know if there's anything I can do for you, bud, I'm just a PM away.  God bless,

Stan

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
Mike, I feel for your loss. If I come across a good deal on a stand like the one you had theived, its yours.

Offline Morpheus32

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2010, 01:54:00 AM »
Last year I lost three stands and three trail cameras off our family farm.  Found out on opening day as I went to the stand.  I was very upset as I could not afford to replace them, particularly the cameras.  I agree with one of the comments...no morals...

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2010, 04:52:00 AM »
I've had a number of stands swiped. I have a friend that's gotten to the point of taking major counter measures. 99% of the time if you hang a new stand I'll bet the same pecker heads will come back and steal it again. Here's a nasty little trick that stopped it from happening on some of his propertys. Take your last set of stacken sticks and apoxy razor blades to the back side protruding approx 3/8"s above the step. Do that on the last two or three steps just before the stand. He can tell when he got the dirt bag by blood and meat on all the low steps and the stands still in place. Now I haven't done it but in the last three years I've lost 8 stands so I'm getten close!!!

Offline eric101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2010, 07:01:00 AM »
Man been down that road way to many times over the years.First was a api shooting star $400.00 stand stole on a 2 hour dinner break hows that for lucky,next was a SS viper i believe i had arrived just as this guy was going out of sight before daylight seen a light across a field about 700 yards and then heard a ATV start and leave.Well a real kicker bought another viper thought not this one yeah right,brought it home after every trip hung it up in the carport storage building needless to say gone.I always hunted from the ground growing up I'm ground pounding from now on.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »
Happened to me too a few years ago. Most of my stands are on my neighbors private property on small acrage. They could still be taken but it would take a very bold theif. Most are too....

Come to the bunny hunt Mike, and we will rant some more!
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:00 AM »
I'd like to put some trail cams out but after having 3 stands stolen I don't dare.Damn shame there are so many thieves in the woods.

Offline kybowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:00 AM »
Look on the bright side,
                         maybe the puke will fall out of it and break his worthless neck!!   :goldtooth:

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2010, 10:57:00 AM »
Mike,

Watch craigslist.com  There have been a bunch of stands on the Indy site lately.  I'm sure that at least some of them are stolen.  I know cops got a lot to do and priorities are priorities but a lot of what I see on there is likely stolen.  Seems like an easy catch.

John
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Horner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
I hate a thief!!!!!!!   :mad:

I know how you feel, I have had a hang on stand stolen, and a 300.00 game camera.   :mad:    :mad:
What would you attempt to do, if you knew you could not fail?

Never leave the one you love, for the one you like.

Offline painthorse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »
I to have been waiting for the weather to clear. I had 3 stands and sticks on my mothers land in Cumberland county,key word HAD. At least they left the cut chain and padlocks.    :mad:    :mad:  
Up until now I refused to think that this is what hunting has come to but from the number of people who have posted about stolen equipment I guess it has. Pretty sad.

Offline John3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »
I went this morning and pulled down the one and only stand I had in the woods.  I quit treestand hunting for the most part years ago because of thieves and because they advertised my "honeyholes" to anyone sneaking in on my private ground.  

No one can steal a natural ground blind.. LOL
"There is no excellence in Archery without great labor".  Maurice Thompson 1879

Professional Bowhunters Society--Regular Member
United Bowhunters of Missouri
Compton Life Member #333

Offline JMartin

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 01:15:00 PM »
I had all my hunting stuff stolen out of our camp once, printed a reward, put one in every mailbox on our road. Three days later they were turned in. All they got was probation, and I only got half my stuff back. I hate theives.

Offline Acuna

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
Man this thread has me wanting to haul butt out to my place to make sure all the stands I just hung for hog hunting this spring are still there.  I'm 2 miles off a paved road, and then down another private road.  A thief would have to have some major stones to get back where I am, but if they did and I ran into them it could get ugly... fast.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©