3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Question for Widow PCH Owners  (Read 600 times)

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Question for Widow PCH Owners
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:18:00 PM »
I was wondering how these bows performed compared to their other counterparts, PMA,PSA... How is the smoothness of the draw ? Noise, speed, etc.. I'm just trying to get a little info on these aspects before I order one. Any imput is greatly appreciated.
                                 Thanks,
                                        James
Chinese Proverb: Never remove a fly from a friends forehead with a hatchet...

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Question for Widow PCH Owners
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »
up

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »
James,they are been released just 20 days ago for the average hunter and very few experimental ones are around.I guess you have to wait at least acouple of months before having a decent review.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Comparing a 58" PSA vs a 54" PCH.  Both bows are 60@28 I draw 27+.  They both bare shaft the same arrow perfectly.  The PSA is standard while the PCH has the bamboo limbs.  Which is supposed to add 2-3 fps, I cant see it.  The PCH points just as well as a PSA.  Noise wise, the PCH is quieter then the PSA, but it could be differant limb materail doing that.  Neither are very loud.
   With a good string on the bow you dont even feel it go off.  I believe this is a great bow.  It gives you the very well construction of a BW, the in the hand feel of a Widow, but a little less weight.  You wont be disappointed.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Never owned a widow...never shot a widow till Friday a week ago.  Been shooting a PCH demo for a week.  56" - 58#@28.  But I don't have a comparison to any other widow since I've never shot one before.  So sorry I can't give you any 'head to head' widow comparisons.

The PCH shot great from my very 1st arrow on the nock point that they installed, dead in the hand, not loud at all to me with the stock spider silencers but I could get it quieter with BowHush n Hush Puppies.  I've never liked big heavy risered bows, and this one isn't heavy and doesn't seem that big to me.  I like the stock grip as well.  

And, the grip is not so close to the shelf that if you wear a heavy glove in the cold, the glove wont rise up into the arrow shaft.  Some grips are so close to the shelf on some bows I can't shoot them in the dead of winter as the glove I wears humps up and contacts the arrow.

I didn't chrono it so I can't comment on speed, but it sure aint no dog.  I can tell its a tad slower than the 64# bow that I have been shooting lately....but it is 6#s lighter.  I'm sure if this bow was 64#s I doubt I'd be able to tell the difference in the speed of those two without a chrono.

I've been shooting it out to 60 yards and the most impresive thing to me so far is that the windage is TIGHT.

I can't find any idiosyncrasies at all.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline artifaker1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
The Widows I have shoot better without the spiders and tip protector. Just some cat whiskers left long and they are very quiet. Mine are SAIIIs, and they shoot even quieter and faster with a ten or twelve strand padded 8125. Getting rid of all those spiders and the tip protector made mine into different bows for sure.
Love is fleeting; stone tools are forever

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Hey Terry, what woods are the PCH you are demoing?  Can you snap a pic or two?  Thanks...Mike

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 12:55:00 PM »
Its the graybark version.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Steel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »
I went to a 10 strand 8125 string with Wool Puffs on my PSA-X Widow gained about 5 FPS and lowered noise even lower.I am going to try a SBD 8 strand D-97 as soon as two PCH-Xs ship in Feb.

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
so terry, are ya gonna put an order in for a pch?? sweet lookin bow for sure. how much does it cost to demo the bows?? ( know its shipping)
but how much is that??

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 02:40:00 PM »
Gaff....click below...

BW Demo Program Info

Offline Gaff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
nice, pretty much a win win there!

gaff
----------------->>>>>>>
Jamie

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »
Terry,
You have been bitten!  Go ahead and order.  I ordered a PTF in December.  I may have to check out the PCH next fall.
ron
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline Onestringer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »
I have had a PCH Prototype for over a year now.  I have the 60 inch model.  I also have 2 PSA models.  Prototype is 44 lbs and both of my PSA's are 45 lbs.  I also have shot the PMA quite a bit since that is what my dad shoots.

You can't go wrong with any of them.  The PCH is a quite a bit lighter and a little narrower.  Its a great bow and my next new bow will probably be a PCH.  I have to cant the bow quite a bit on the PCH to get the riser out of my sight window.

Its very smooth, but its only 44lbs.  I do draw almost 30 inches so its around 47 48 at my draw.

Scott
Sights, SIGHTS, we don't need no stinkin sights!!!!!

If Geronimo shot a Black Widow, you would be speaking Apache.

TGMM Family of the Bow

http://www.onestringer.com

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
I've got a PCH--56" AMO, 44#@28. I seem to be the third owner since the bow was originally shipped at the end of October. Not sure why as the bow is a shooter. I have owned a TF and an SAIII in the past and I would say that this bow is smoother to draw than either, lighter in the hand than the SA and quicker than the TF which was a couple of pounds heavier in draw weight. It shoots EXACTLY where I'm pointing it and Terry is right, the windage is perfect. Mine has no phenolic in the limb butts--the stock bows do--and I like the look of it better as a result. This bow has found a home with me. I predict the Widow Workers will be swamped with orders for the PCH. Great bow. PS if you order a Great Northern Quick Release quiver with your bow, I suggest you order the opposite of whichever hand bow you order. Mine is a RH and came with a RH quiver which sat so far backward that it totally threw off the balance and feel of the bow. Changed to a LH quiver, which sits next to the handle as most quivers do--problem solved.

Offline Jerry Wald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
It sucks we can't get into the try before you buy in Canada....

:(

Offline D.T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 10:09:00 PM »
I've been shooting a 56" PCH X Osage 55Lbs @ 28" for 4 months and they are shooters. I draw 29" and find the draw very comparable to my 60" PSAs. The mass weight of the riser is lighter  and the width of the limb is 1/8" narrower than a PSA. Compact and very comfortable.

Offline foxbo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
How about a couple of pics?
N/A

Offline Flt Rck Shtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 10:17:00 PM »
Thanks a million for all of the info and imput fellas. I have a PMA right now and owned about 10 other Widows in the past. I was wondering if anyone has noticed a performance difference of the bows with Phenolic? My Widow I have now was made with no phenolic and is very smooth on the draw. I have owned 3 other PMA's and none of them seemed as smooth as the one without phenolic. All were in very similiar poundage range. I love the look of the bows without it, just wondering what the benifit is if any ?
                        Thanks,
                               James

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 12:29:00 AM »
It seems that since news of this bow has come out, I  see a lot of SAs for sale. It looks like Widow will get a lot of orders for this new bow soon.
John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©