3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another "which recurve should I buy?" thread...but need advice  (Read 466 times)

Offline vtmtnman

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another "which recurve should I buy?" thread...but need advice
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
If you decide the custom route,I can't believe no one has recommended Maddog.A great shooting bow for almost half of your budget. :thumbsup:

Sorry about the loss of your son.
>>>>--TGMM family of the bow--->

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 06:36:00 PM »
My suggestion is to find a nice one piece recurve. My first bow was a Ben Pearson KM Special. Beautiful Zebra Wood. It was inexpensive $150. I have bows like Great Plains, Zipper, Blacktail, Bob Lee, Assenheimer, etc and the Ben Pearson is still a favorite and fun bow to shoot. It is 45# at 28".

If I had to pick a high dollar custom bow, I would start with an Assenheimer. Hard to beat it for the price.

Matt
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 07:18:00 PM »
ok...no problem.hang in there.
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your boy.

A lot of great ones out there.  I like the Predator 3 pc TD bows.  You can get a hunter for a good price used.  You can get an upgraded one used at your price a lot of times.  You can get a light limb to start and then buy or trade for heavier limbs.  That way you stay with the same bow at least for a while.  The limbs are interchangeable without fitting.  It will have some mass to help steady his shooting.  They are a great performing bow of high quality.

I would also consider something a little more high-tech if he likes that.  A plunger hole bow so you can easily tune arrows with an elevated rest for more forgiveness is not a bad way to go for a beginner.  I don't know what is out there for an ILF for that price, but again a 3pt. TD you can change limbs on is a nice option.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©