3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: MOAB Fever!!!!! Update...ordered one!  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Gerardo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: MOAB Fever!!!!! Update...ordered one!
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2010, 09:44:00 PM »
I just got mine , from trad ganger John Hansen , finally a LH MOAB to my door so , I tested it out yesterday and was really impresed with the speed I need to get used to it but I will soon give a review and post some pics,
Gerardo Rodriguez

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 09:52:00 PM »
Jmgcurve  Let me introduce myself..lol My name is Mudd and I'm a bowalcholic and tradicted in the very worst/best of ways.

I do fully appreciate that you only intended to be respectful but I feel weird when someone calls me Mr Williams or Mr anything.

I sure hope I can get used to being called something other than Roy or Mudd because GLW)it's going to be grandpa by this time next year.

I apologize for getting off track. Please forgive me!
God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
Gerardo lets see it.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:00 PM »
Mudd it is and thanks. Congratulations are in order..... I have been Granpa for several years now, and it is truly GRAND.

It's Michael for me.
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Gerardo:
I just got mine , from trad ganger John Hansen , finally a LH MOAB to my door so , I tested it out yesterday and was really impresed with the speed I need to get used to it but I will soon give a review and post some pics,
:clapper:    :jumper:   That took a while.  I hope you really enjoy it.

I am with Rob on the speed.  Seems really fast and no mater what arrow weight I shoot the bow just seems like it still shoots at the same speed.  I have to get some arrows through a chronograph with it one of these days.

I got that bow used so I don't know for sure.  If I ever did I forgot.  I want to say the riser is figured cocobolo with some ebony, wenge or some other real dark wood accents.  The veneers could be a couple of different woods stained that color, but I want to say Tamo Ash.  Could also be a curly wood like maybe birch.  It was a beauty for sure.  I sold it because it was too heavy for me at the time.  I have another MOAB I will post up when I take some pic's of it.

I have as not so great elbow and it bothers my elbow some.  Not so much on the shot, but more at anchor if I hold it a while.  It is more a grip angle thing I get with any lower wrist grip bow. Mostly I get it when I have not shot a low wrist for a while.

I draw somewhere between 29 1/4" and 29 1/2".  60" is just fine, but I would love to try out a 62".
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Cody Roiter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »
Nice bows guys...........
We as archer's must keep it alive by helping others into the sport WE LOVE.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »
Hey Ben...what about you and I meet somewhere on I70 you bring the above pictured right hand (family) MOAB and I'll bring an envelope($$$) and we will trade...I'll make it worth the judo shot to the butt! Let me know when "you know who" is working and you can get it outta the house...LOL  I too have been looking real hard at the MOAB's and hope to shoot a couple at KZOO.
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline Jeff Cooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
Jmgcurve, Give me a call (907) 479-6864. Jeff Cooper

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »
Originally posted by oneshot-onekill:
I too have been looking real hard at the MOAB's and hope to shoot a couple at KZOO.
I don't know how many you will find there unless one is on the used table or you find someone's to shoot.  Jim will not have a booth.

I have one.  I will be there Friday most of the night and as much as possible on Saturday until my arms fall off.    :archer:  

I would bring my bow, but you can't take your bows in unless they go to the for sale table or go to the bow doc.  I can take it over in the truck so you can see it at least.  You can come over to my house sometime on Saturday afternoon or Sunday and shoot my bow if you like.  

Maybe next year I should set-up a try, buy and trade program at my house for everyone coming into town.  My gun club has a outdoor shooting range plus a 3D.  We could do a Kzoo expo shoot, but I don't want to take anything away from the expo.  It would be fun to get a few people together and shoot each others bows for a couple hours in the back yard.
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Offline onewhohasfun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 08:16:00 AM »
Hey Todd, Now you're talking!
Tom

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Originally posted by oneshot-onekill:
Hey Ben...what about you and I meet somewhere on I70 you bring the above pictured right hand (family) MOAB and I'll bring an envelope($$$) and we will trade...I'll make it worth the judo shot to the butt! Let me know when "you know who" is working and you can get it outta the house...LOL  I too have been looking real hard at the MOAB's and hope to shoot a couple at KZOO.
Remember, I'm a Marine. The claymores are already set in the yard. Along with some other goodies. Ben, are you feeling lucky.  :eek:
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 11:40:00 AM »
No not now   :biglaugh:
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »
Typical flyboy!!! No guts, no glory.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Jmgcurve

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 03:44:00 PM »
I mentioned Hatfields and McCoys; however, it looks like the Air Force verses the Marines.

Folks, Thank each of you so much for helping me scratch the itch. You do not have to stop.

Traditional Bowhunters because of our very nature, character, and morals are fantastic folks. To prove this look at the information and pictures I received from just a couple of minutes of typing. Awesome!

Another proof comes from someone on this post (to remain nameless at this point) that contacted me and offered to send me their MOAB if I would pay shipping both ways. Are you kidding me? Of course I said yes.

TradGangers go on with your bad selfs!

With deepest appreciation,
Michael
Life is not about surviving the storm, but learning to dance in the rain!
Blessed is the Nation whose God is the LORD,... Psalm 33:12

Offline LongbowGuy83

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 03:51:00 PM »
Yea and you all know how them Marines hate calling in all that firepower from above when they're in a tight spot. But I know the marines have their own planes too. Just had to keep my Air Force boys happy.  :goldtooth:
Caleb Chambers
Carolina Traditional Archers

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
Very nice looking bows.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »
Gerardo,

Wow, that lefty MOAB has been a long time coming.  I look forward to pics and a full review buddy!

Congratulations.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 10:02:00 AM »
Hey Mike are claymores a new 3-d target....lol   just kidding....but after seeing the pic's of your bow...it might be worth a try....to bad Jim won't be at the show.

Todd...I would love to have a chance to see your bow if you are coming and don't mind throwing it in....tnx  Terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
I'm in line for a bow from Jim, probably in April.  I'm kind of torn between the TSIII and the MOAB.  This thread doesn't help....

Anybody shoot a 62" MOAB?

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by BDann:
I'm in line for a bow from Jim, probably in April.  I'm kind of torn between the TSIII and the MOAB.  This thread doesn't help....

Anybody shoot a 62" MOAB?
I have had 2 TS 3's and 2 MOAB's.  I have shot more of them than that.  For me if I draw 28" or more it would be a MOAB for anything under 64".  The TS 3 is nice when longer.  I had a 66” and 62”.  The 62” I didn’t like as well as the 60” MOAB.  The MOAB is the performance bow of the two and has a shorter riser.

Now that I think of it I believe I shot a 62" MOAB that is MOJO's.  It was nice.  He could be checking this thread at some point.  I will have to shoot him a PM and see if he has a 62".  He has had some nice TS bows and had a few the last time I knew.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©