3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A & H ACS  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
A & H ACS
« on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:00 PM »
I had the opportunity to shoot an A & H ACS last weekend at a 3D Shoot. I was very impressed with the bow. It seemed to have a certain feel to it which I really can't explain other than, WOW. I'd like to hear about some first hand experience with this bow, good or bad. I did use the search function, just looking for a little more info. Thanks.

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A & H ACS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »
Steve, I've owned pretty much all or the big name bows out there. The ACS is one of two that I felt were the "best of the best" for me.

Everyone is different, but these bows are awesome!!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »
Been my fav bow for the past several years

Great bows and top notch customer service.

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:06:00 PM »
Thanks for responding.

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
How is it for hand shock. The reason I ask is I have arthritis bad, and some bows bother me more then others.

I did shoot a BW lb a couple years ago and it only had a very slight thump, and did not bother me. How would the ACS compare  to the BW lb  for hand shock.

Thank you for any input.

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
Whittler.... I have arthritis in my left thumb which is my bow hand and I can shoot my ACS all day with no issues at all in my thumb. I find it softer than my BW PLV but the BW is not bad at all just different. The ACS is a very smooth shooter and as Allen says holds it's own with the best of them and I also have shot many brands of quality bows.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline joevan125

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 06:46:00 PM »
What everybody else has said.  :thumbsup:
Joe Van Kilpatrick

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »
Handshock is not a problem with these bows.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »
Sooooo Quietttt!   :D

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
How do you like the difference in risers.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline 8888blk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
At one time I was convinced that there was no such thing as a longbow with no handshock. I shot dozens of the top brands and could'nt bring myself to spend $ on any. Then on a whim I went up to see Larry Hanify at his shop in Michigan. After one shot I was sold! Sounds cliche' but true. Everyone who has shot my ACS has agreed how smooth, fast, and quiet it is.  :thumbsup:

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
I draw 30" and I've had the 62", 64" and 66" limbs. My personal preference for all around shooting is the 64" on a 14" riser. Limb lengths are measured with a 14" riser, add 2" to the overall length of the bow for a 16" riser. A 16" riser with 62" limbs will make a 64" bow. They are fast, quiet and are cut 3/16 past center so they are very easy to tune with a broad range of arrow spines. Had and sold a 16" RC riser, at least with myself I had to grip it hard to shoot it well and it just wasn't for me. Here's a pic of the Standard grip, a "JK" low wrist grip and the grip on a 64" one piece. Fast stable shooting bows.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Oscar-eleven

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
I'm going to call A&H tomorrow and talk to them. The bow I shot had a unique "feel" to it. I've been shooting sticks since the '70's and have had a bunch of custom bows but for some reason, this one feels special to me. Thanks again.

Offline macster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
You wont regret getting one of these bows, I know I dont.

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »
I got mine two years ago and couldn't be happier. It is the one that I compare all others too. There is no doubt that just about any bow of the same draw weight will be slower with the same arrows. A friend of mine has 59# at 27" hybrid that shoots 9 fps slower than my 52# at 27" ACS. His arrows over a chrono with several different shooters. You know how it is every one has to try. That is a big part of the fun, seeing peoples reactions. I still shoot and buy other bows but I always find time to shoot my ACS.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
I've been shooting the A&H bows since they first became available... At that point they became my go to bow.. They are fast, quiet and to me, shock free. I've been shooting the aluminum risers and love the extra weight in my hand. I've tried many of the high end bows over the last 30+ years and these are as good as it
gets, IMO. Not only that, the guys at A&H are super nice and great to deal with..
        Good luck on your journey !

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »
Yep, I agree with everyone else.  I've had the 14" riser in aluminum and wood.  Now have 2 16" RC risers.  Smoother, faster, and quiter than any of the other bows I have shot.  Only problem now is I got my wife into shooting trad and she has stole one of my ACS CX's that is 46# @ 28".  She only draws 25" and I was surprised when I measured this bow at her draw length it was pulling 41#.  Now that is smooth.  I'm sure you will like it if you decide to buy one.  Plus the guys at A&H are top notch when it comes to service.
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline speedwalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 08:36:00 PM »
Love mine.  If I ever decide to sell, two of my buddies already called "dibbs."

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
I like my ACS CX too. Very nice bow. It is not my absolute favorite bow, but it is still very high on my list, and for many people it is their favorite. I don't think you could go wrong with one. With the experience you described, you really ought to buy one, because it sounds a little like love at first draw. When that happens, you need to pull out your wallet and make the purchase.

As to hand shock, I never noticed any with the ACS CX. But most of my high end bows don't have noticeable hand shock.

John and Larry are very good guys, for sure.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©