3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Express ?  (Read 189 times)

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Express ?
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
I've been shooting CX Terminator Hunter select arrows for some time. Now all I can find is a Terminator lite hunter with some kind of weight forward built in???

Will these shoot/tune the same? Close? Will 5/16 brass inserts and nock adaptors still work or are they a different size. Are these worth a dang?

I don't like to fix something that ain't broke but CX changed the game on me.

Thanks

Offline ArrowAtomik

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Express ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 09:43:00 PM »
The new arrows are not the same.  I've heard some say that the original Terminator Hunters were so tough, that CX wasn't making money on them.  Sort of like the lightbulb story.  A well-made lightbulb will last a lifetime, but its hard to make money on something that never needs replaced.

Watch the auction sites from time to time and you might find some.

Offline elknutz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
I found 5 dozen for very cheap at a shop last summer.  The compound boys don't like the weight.  You might get lucky and find some.
"There is no excellence in archery without great labor" - Maurice Thompson
"I avoid anything that make my dogs gag" - Dusty Nethery

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »
Try the Terminator XP selects or better yet the standard Rebels they are the terminators that don't make the straightness grade yet they have the same +/- as a Heritage.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline LKH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
I have two dozen of them left and like the posts above said, they are now extinct.   You can get close to the same performance from their trad arrows.  Email CX and they will respond.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
I have a pretty decent supply of CXTH laid in, and yes, IMO they are the toughest carbon ever made.  CX was aware of this, but I think they were dropped more so they could introduce a couple more expensive types like the Maxim.

But to answer Barney, I also have some CXTLH on hand which I use primarily for my Reflex Caribou, and after doing some fiddling with Stu's Calculator and some testing I can advise they tune nearly identical to CXTH.  The rub is they are much lighter.

My primary arrow is a CXTH 4560 29.5" with 50 grain insert, 125 grain point, 7" wrap, 4" para, and Super Nock, which weighs in at 520 grains.

I made up some CXTLH that match up in spine but to get close to the same weight, had to use 6075s. They are 6075, 30" 50 grain insert, 145 grain point, 7" wrap, 4" para, and Super nock, which weigh 526 grains.

I have never used weight tubes, but I think there's no question I would have to if I wanted 4560 CXTLH made up identical to my 4560 THs to be anywhere in the ballpark as far as weight goes...

CX Rebels with Weight Forward are very close to TH's in terms of GPI weight and from diddling with Stu's Calculator, look to be right in the ballpark as far as tune goes.  Don't know how they stack up for toughness, though.

The CX Heritage are much heavier GPI than the TH, I have tried them and don't like them for that reason.

Yes, 5/16" brass inserts work in the TH, TLH, Rebel, Heritage, ect by CX.

BTW, TH Selects can be found on that auction site.  Someone must have a warehouse full as they are selling in 2-4 doxen lots...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©