3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Elevated rest ??  (Read 420 times)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Elevated rest ??
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 10:52:00 AM »
In all fairness, there is nothing more KISS than a simple stick-on rest.  8^).  But playing with the bows is what keeps us going.

Online bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
I've gone with and without the elevated rest and find that I prefer the rest.  Unfortunately, the traditional events in Alabama do not allow them.

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »
Originally posted by bama:
I've gone with and without the elevated rest and find that I prefer the rest.  Unfortunately, the traditional events in Alabama do not allow them.
Not an issue up here.  They put out trad stakes almost as an afterthought and most clubs who put on 3D shoots don't have a clue how we do things...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Keith Karr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
These shoots that "bama" is speaking about are "all trad" shoots. The compound shoots could care less whether you have rest or not. Most of the folks making the rules for trad shoots seem to think that a rest is either not traditional, or is too much of an advanatage. The best shooters are going to win with or without a rest.
Keith Karr

Offline Don Stokes

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »
If an elevated rest is not allowed at a shoot, you can just build up the shelf to get to the same point.

My experience suggests that there is one nocking point that works best, and the shelf should be adjusted to match the nocking point, not the other way around. It depends on how the bow is tillered.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.- Ben Franklin

Offline limbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
My set up is simple and functional, Dave at Schafer Silvertip suggested this set up on another bow I have and now this set up s slowly making it's way through the herd--I am pleased with the results. As Allan pointed out, it doesn't look too bad either  :)
Kevin Osworth
->>>--TGMM Family of the Bow-->

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 10:19:00 PM »
Originally posted by Keith Karr:
These shoots that "bama" is speaking about are "all trad" shoots. The compound shoots could care less whether you have rest or not. Most of the folks making the rules for trad shoots seem to think that a rest is either not traditional, or is too much of an advanatage. The best shooters are going to win with or without a rest.
Sound like trad snobs to me.  Folks like that are why I don't play well with others...

Up in this neck of the woods, trad only shoots are essentially non-existent.  The trad stakes bit is the only game in town...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©