3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shrew Hawks  (Read 453 times)

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
Shrew Hawks
« on: January 25, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »
I am thinking hard about getting a Shrew hawk. Those if you who have them,  tell me about them. Does anyone use the Frontiersman sheath with it?

I have a few hawks but you can never have too many.
Thanks
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shrew Hawks
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »
I have the belt sheath and don't like it. I am going to try and pick up a Frontiersman at Kalamazoo this next weekend.

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:53:00 AM »
Just got one for my birthday with the regular sheath.  Wore it Saturday night (on my waist) while out still-hunting for whitetails and it worked just fine.

It occurs to me that you could simulate the frontiersman sheath by running a loop of paracord through the belt sheath and hanging it over your neck and under your pit.  Might do that before my next outing to see how that goes.

As to the Shrew Hawk itself - that thing is cool!  It took a bit longer than expected for it to come in the mail but Ron sent my mom (who ordered it for me :-D ) a note explaining that his blacksmith was working on it.

Don't know about you guys, but I think there is something way cool about getting a weapon that was worked by a blacksmith.  I like it!

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »
They are really sweet.  I have had mine for a few years and it works great.  I use it a lot for quick throwing together a brush blind while out hunting.  I have the belt sheath but I threw it on the strap of my possibles bag and it works awesome.
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline VIC G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
HEY BILL JUST TO SAY HELLO HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND FAMILY.NO LONGER LIVING IN NEW YORK MOVED TO KENTUCKY IN AUG O9.
FROM
VIC GANCI
MISS ROBIN HOOD 3-D RANGE
GOD BLESS
PROV.3-5-6
[email protected]

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 11:42:00 AM »
I think I may order one today!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »
That Ron has a way with words, don't he???    :bigsmyl:

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
Nice looking, I have heard tough as nails, and they come for a really fair price. I am going to have to talk Ron into a trade one of his for one of mine.  I need to add one to my personal collection.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Jack Skinner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
I like mine it has taken the place of prunning shears and my bone saw in my cat7 pack.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 03:23:00 PM »
I ordered my Shrew Hawk and Frontiersman sheath last week. Ron is running low on his stock and needs some for Kalamazoo, and his blacksmith stays busy on other projects much of the time, so it may be awhile before I get mine. It will still get here far sooner than the next two Shrew bows I just ordered! The advantage of ordering the Hawk now is that it will be here in plenty of time for the main hunting season this coming fall. The Hawk sure looks nice and I am certain it will perform as good as it looks.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 03:36:00 PM »
Clay,

What items do you make, and where can we see them?

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »
Hey Vic,

Good to hear from you.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »
What are you planning....chopping down one of those Sequios?  How's it going Bill.....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2010, 06:19:00 PM »
Joe,
I have all summer and nothing to do. What have you been up to? Two years ago I killed a beaver with one of my hawks. Thought I might try out a different style.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »
amar911, I have some posted here and there under the knifemakers forum on various tomahawk posts.  If you want, I can pm you some pics. I make knives as well.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »
Hey, quit being a stranger! Get on here once in a while & keep us updated!!!

All the best,
Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »
Hey Larry,

Sure do miss you guys. I just ordered a Shrew Hawk. Can't wait till I get my hands on it. It will go with me on my pig hunt in March.

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:14:00 PM »
I love my Shrew Hawk.  I have used it for all kinds of tasks.  I use the belt sheath and it has worked fine so far.  How you decide to carry it is up to you, but you will use it a lot.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 01:35:00 AM »
Now Bill...a pig hunt sounds like a great idea for a "New York" Reunion....We should work something out for next year.....a few of your old 3D group might be interested. Keep in touch........Joe
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©