3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The bad and a gift of trad to brighten a little boys life.  (Read 1250 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The bad and a gift of trad to brighten a little boys life.
« on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
Well for those that haven't heard my home was hit real hard with a major storm. We had 89mph winds and about 4-6" of rain(15" of snow a little farther up the mountain). We lost just about every evergreen over 20' tall. Powerlines are down everywhere. I had a large blue spruce in my front yard come down. We'll have no power until??? Paid $500+ for a generator to keep the heat on and freezers/refridge. We now have a snow storm on the way! Piling it on.

Here's the view on my front porch yesterday morning from the front door.

Here are some views from out front.

Now for the good. My boy Jake is turning 4 on Saturday(hopefully the power will be back so he can have his party). Well Chuck aka Georgia Boy was amused by my boy Jake hunting moose and bear(a stuffed animal hunt in my house) and the fact that Jake is an electric guitar player already(well he tries). Well Jake got a present in the mail today from Chuck (thank you very much for this bright spot in a bad time!!!)

I don't know if you can see or not, but the arrow is autographed by Ted Nugent and was made by the late Bob Gosdecil.

Hope springs eternal!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The bad and a gift of trad to brighten a little boys life.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the damage to the trees on your property, Dave. And the power outage, but its good that you all are well...we got 18" of the wet stuff here, and lots of damage too. But there is always a generous Tradganger that can make a bad situation better.
Hang in there.
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline 4runr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about the storm Dave. Make sure you leave me some clean up work for next month!!

Cool on Ga. Boy for the arrow. Glad to know Jake wants to be a rocker!! Gives me an idea.

Hang in there Bud.
Kenny

Christ died to save me, this I read
and in my heart I find a need
of Him to be my Savior
          By Aaron Shuste

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
That is pretty awesome. Im sure Jake will hold on to that forever.
Sorry to hear about the storm...we were hit with mostly flooding here by Albany. Hope you get it all cleared up without too much hard work...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes guys. The tree is piled up all over my front yard now. The chainsaw is a wonderful thing. Jake sees the whole thing as a big adventure. The arrow will be kept up until he's old enough to understand what he has there. Anything that has anything to do with hunting, fishing or music he loves so this arrow will be real special to him when he gets a bit older I'm sure.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
I am glad your home, health, or spirit was not damaged by the storm.  That is a very kind gift your son recieved.  If I were closer I'd offer to come help ya with the clean up.
Derek.
got arrows?

Offline Ga.boy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:00 PM »
You are very welcome. I wasn't sure how you felt about "The Nuge", but I figured that Jake was too young to form an opinion yet! I'm sorry to see what Mother Nature tossed your way, but glad no one was hurt and that there was not any damage to your home. I hope the snow doesn't hit you too hard. Hang in there and wish Jake a happy birthday for me. Like you said, this is probably a great big adventure for him!
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
sorry to hear about the damage, thats a great thing you did Ga.boy and some great timing to boot. hope mother nature takes it easy on you for a while.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
He got to see the arrow just a little while ago Chuck. I told him it's a look not touch trophy(he wanted to shoot it).

Thanks for the well wishes guys. The tree is stacked in the front yard and just needs to find it's way to the stump dump. The tree in the transformer across the street is of more concern now. Hopefully we'll have power by Saturday, if not we go to plan B. Adapting is part of what us hunters do.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Vermon..That blows but I have had some limited sucess by tying and staking some pretty large trees up to forty footers that were knocked over by wind, Just make sure the ancor or tap root isn't snapped, can not tell from pic and damage does look severe, also make sure the majority of the pull is away from the house and heavily fertilize and water,trees are almost as tough as whitetails...perfect time of year for a tree to recover as well...Great arrow gotta luv uncle ted...good luck...Kind Regards...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Dave I'm sorry for your families hardship .We have floods all around us but I'm high and dry. no problem thank God. But Bucky {george} has 5 feet of water in his basement this time he was able to get his Mahaskas out   their on his bed in his bed room LOL. Anyway that's great that your son is playin' guitar already, hope he keeps it up.Do yourself a favor and put that arrow from The Motor City Madman in a case for your little guy.Ted is some shot in his own right even though he shoots a wheely bow he does n't use sights on it. Good luck!

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 05:03:00 PM »
David,

Too bad to hear that!
We had strong winds, snow and rain here, so I can imagine how bad it was.

With a well stuffed freezer, a power generator is a must!

Take care,
F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
At least nobody was hurt. Everthing else can be fixed. Hang in there Brother. Cool gift for Jake.
Good show Ga.boy!  :clapper:    :clapper:
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 06:03:00 PM »
David,

If you need anything just let me know. Too bad all those big trees went down. Hope you get your power back soon. I know a thing or two about living without power. Every time a big typhoon hits us we are without power for a couple of months. Generators are a part of life here,LOL.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
Hoping everything is back to Normal ASAP. Glad it wasnt worse.

Nice Arrow!!  :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this, VTm - may it swing back as close to normal as possible real quickly.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline STOBBER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
Vmonster, be careful around those saws and powerlines. Reminds me of hurricane Floyd, storm damage can be depressing...glad youre keeping a good outlook. It'll be back to normal fore ya know it!!    Tim

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
hey bro i hope you guys are ok man thats a real bad thing to happen. god bless you and your family. if gets to bad come live here in newzealand i am sure we can find a spot for you. LOL!!!
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Dang, if that was just an osage that fell in your front yard   :banghead:

Hope everything turns out alright. Been a weird year for weather. My mom told me that the Russians were controlling it (that was 50 years ago though)

Pretty cool arrow! Neat gesture. I heard the Nuges house got robbed. What kind of fools would break into HIS house? LOL
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »
You need to keep some of that spruce to make a companion arrow or two for the Nuge's.  Be a neat reminder of the silver lining you found in those clouds. Peace.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©